Massimiliano Allegri

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This move makes very little sense in general. If Levy has gotten new management already he won't actually announce it until at least after the season is over, quite possibly not until after the World Cup.

I'm not too worried about this. I think it's pretty clear our offer is out to LVG and he's stalling on the off chance United comes open. This doesn't pass the sniff test for me at all. A guy we haven't heard mentioned at all comes out of nowhere and is named manager with our number 1 choice still uncommitted. This has agent garbage leak written all over it.

Know this might not mean much to you brits, but ESPN is also reporting Allegri to Spurs. Their writing is a joke, but they usually have fairly reliable coverage as its ESPN and they don't like looking foolish by posting false stories.

Don't know enough about Allegri to comment, but yeah.. he's no LvG, so I think we'll all be a little disappointed if this turns out to be true.

Know this might not mean much to you brits, but ESPN is also reporting Allegri to Spurs. Their writing is a joke, but they usually have fairly reliable coverage as its ESPN and they don't like looking foolish by posting false stories.

Don't know enough about Allegri to comment, but yeah.. he's no LvG, so I think we'll all be a little disappointed if this turns out to be true.

ESPN is just citing the initial report from the Italian press. They don't have anything new.

Allegri seems par for the course. Only because Van Gaal's name is out there is it a disappointment.

Most certainly not. I really think it'll be Van Gaal and if he fucks us off for United or Woolwich then we will get Pochettino instead. Certain it will be one of the two.

It's Talksport but this guy did writer a book about Italian football so he's less clueless than most. Us getting Conte is a stretch to believe but with the money and prestige evaporating from Italian football it wouldn't be a massive surprise to see some top players and coaches making surprising flights from Serie A. Still don't think Conte would likely come here.

Thing is Allegri probably has been told he's got the job.........so has LVG, Pochettino, Benitez, De Boer etc

the same with transfers Levy will work every 'deal' to 95% completion and then decide who is best
Thing is Allegri probably has been told he's got the job.........so has LVG, Pochettino, Benitez, De Boer etc

the same with transfers Levy will work every 'deal' to 95% completion and then decide who is best

Or which one comes cheapest

:saha:

This were his teams that played us

Leg 1

Abbiati, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Gattuso, Seedorf (Alexandre Pato), Flamini, Abate, Antonini, Ibrahimovic, Robinho

Leg 2

Abbiati, Nesta, Jankulovski (Antonini), Thiago Silva, Seedorf, Flamini (Rodney), Abate, Boateng (Merkel), Alexandre Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho

There's a few hundred million pounds worth in those lineups
we shouldnt forget that they shat their collective pants when our ancient hip replaced assistant manager took off his bins, took out his teeth and threatened their team enforcer (gattuso) with a "right fuckin' pasting" (what is scottish for a right fucking pasting, anyway?)
and if that was eough of the shock, the milano press all went "ooooo ytou dont wanna fuck with Jordan"

we shouldnt forget that they shat their collective pants when our ancient hip replaced assistant manager took off his bins, took out his teeth and threatened their team enforcer (gattuso) with a "right fuckin' pasting" (what is scottish for a right fucking pasting, anyway?)
and if that was eough of the shock, the milano press all went "ooooo ytou dont wanna fuck with Jordan"

Well he was supposed to be a rum bugger back in the day, and is an ex-Milan player, so I'm sure they're more aware of him than most of the fans these days unfortunately

Allegri who ? Hopefully this is just a means to flush out a decent manager coz he doesn't seem the sort of quality we need to progress. Wonder if Baldini's has anything to do with this which worries me given his track record with signings so far.

Levy......fucking get it sorted soon, or else !

1. Rafa Benitez if we want to win. Excellent EPL and European experience. Speaks English, Spanish and Italian.
2. LVG - nil EPL experience, European experience. Can get very cranky, perhaps too much for us ?

Benitez is a good coach but Im not a fan.

He basically lost it at Liverpool *fact* and seemed very unstable.
He also over saw more than 100 transfers (in and out) while he was there which is frankly ridiculous (I think the peak being trying to force Alonso out so he can bully Villa into letting Barry go...).

I really wouldnt be too happy if we got him in to be honest.

1. Rafa Benitez if we want to win. Excellent EPL and European experience. Speaks English, Spanish and Italian.
2. LVG - nil EPL experience, European experience. Can get very cranky, perhaps too much for us ?
benitez.jpg

Lets start with the basics.

Can "allegory" speak english

yes: review his cv and consider and probbaly reject

no: dont open the flippin envelope

Do any italianate hipsters out there know if he can speak english.

Back
Top Bottom