Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great to seem him score.

Has had a really rocky season. Being played in a position he clearly isn't suited to doesn't help, I suppose. I hope he gets a season to fight for a midfield role when we bring in a new LB this summer.
Bit harsh, he's been playing left back for years. The whole Left winger thing is just a stick to beat him with.

Bit harsh, he's been playing left back for years. The whole Left winger thing is just a stick to beat him with.
The unfortunate thing is that whilst he played noticeably well at the weekend, he needs to do it more consistently for his own development as much as anything else.

I have long stated that left back is one of those positions whereby your best games are those which appear to be quite, because you will have the measure of the opposition attack, you support attacking play without compromising position and you force the opposition to try and find a weakness through the center or down the right. Plus your mistakes are amplified as one fuck up and the opposition will tend to then be in behind the back four and in general (yes massive generalization here) the right hand side of an attack will tend to be stronger at crossing and passing infield [due to an understandable 'its just basic stats innit' lack of quality natural left footed wingers in the game].

So get recognition is probably well warranted.

Well done Danny, be nice if you played at that level for the foreseeable future though.

I hate Stoke, any player who can wind them up like he did is alright in my books.

We still need to replace him this summer. :levyeyes:

Unless its someone of supreme talent I would give him another season. Fryers as his back up.
I guess we could cope with him for another season providing we improve significantly in other areas. Someone like Flannagan has benefited from having good players and a good system around him even though he's not very talented.

I guess we could cope with him for another season providing we improve significantly in other areas. Someone like Flannagan has benefited from having good players and a good system around him even though he's not very talented.

I see something in him. At the moment he's like a rubber man bouncing around the place as he shows his commitment but given the right advice he could become a decent full back.

If jan stays as I think he will then that is fine at lb cover but as I say, if a world class lb comes along then buy him. It's such an important position.

he's not very talented.
But damn good looking! represents the bin dippers perfectly
Tottenham-v-Liverpool-Jon-Flanagan_3052579.jpg

well, have you scored against stroke city ?
:freundgoal:

hes not so average after all .. mwahah:adegrin:

It's basically my worst fear. Lennon, Naughton, Townsend and Rose playing out of their skins in the last remaining games so they mug managers and fans like Defoe, Hudd and Lennon mugged AVB to think they can last a season outside purple patches.

I'd imagine I am in the minority when I say there is a place for Danny Rose in our squad (long term). I think with the right coaching and support down the left wing Danny could improve leaps and bounds. Don't think he did badly for AVB but was exposed when Sherwood began playing Eriksen on the left.

Danny was left on his own to cover the whole left side on several occasions. No wonder he looked poor.

Well the first convincing sign is that Pochettino looks to be addressing the left back issue, it really is an issue as rose is simply not good enough and i question his attitude a bit like ekkotto who is miles better, but again not the right commitment needed for the push we need. Apparently he has asked for four transfers i hope ben davis does end up being one of them or moreno doubt if wel get him tho. I see davis could be our next bale.

It doesn;t need saying but, this season its very important for us not to slip any further than the last, we have got to get it right, and bring in the right players to do so.

I think with the right coaching and support down the left wing Danny could improve leaps and bounds. Don't think he did badly for AVB but was exposed when Sherwood began playing Eriksen on the left.

Danny was left on his own to cover the whole left side on several occasions. No wonder he looked poor.

Nothing about roses mentality or footballing intelligence suggests he can improve in leaps and bounds.

When I think of character and dedication he's one of the last players I would concider to have that ability. He's been here for years and he's not improved yet.

Even when he came back from loan he was lolling on twitter about going back to warming our bench. Not what you want to hear.

We need to jettison dumb players, not pour our limited resources into making a poor leftback into a midtable leftback. (If we are lucky)

Nothing about roses mentality or footballing intelligence suggests he can improve in leaps and bounds.

When I think of character and dedication he's one of the last players I would concider to have that ability. He's been here for years and he's not improved yet.

Even when he came back from loan he was lolling on twitter about going back to warming our bench. Not what you want to hear.

We need to jettison dumb players, not pour our limited resources into making a poor leftback into a midtable leftback. (If we are lucky)

I would consider Kyle Walker to be "dumb" as you say but I certainly don't want him gone. Similar idea as Rose. Even look at Cyrstal Palace last season, a good manager and system can get the best out of a bad squad. I feel we may have something similar in Pochetinno for Rose.

Back
Top Bottom