New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wait, I just realized something...

ArcspacE said:
Boer means farmer. Farmers grow corn. Corn is yellow. We're signing Carlos Valderama as fitness coach. Don't shoot the messenger. #circles
Frank de Boer = yellow

Pochettino played for Argentina. Argentina's shirts have blue.
Pochettino = blue

You know what you get when you mix yellow and blue...

Neil-Lennon-1.jpg

No, not red, green.

If that is true then surely it has to be FDB?? :avbpray:

GreyFox on SC said today that from what he's heard, he would be "gobsmacked if it's Poch." JJ and Gards both seem to be backpeddling as well, saying something along the lines that they think Poch turned us down.

Don't blame him if I'm honest.

DONT POST LINKS LIKE THAT!

I thought it was an announcement
:adewtf: :gomes::dawsonmean:

GreyFox on SC said today that from what he's heard, he would be "gobsmacked if it's Poch." JJ and Gards both seem to be backpeddling as well, saying something along the lines that they think Poch turned us down.

Don't blame him if I'm honest.
My take is we took long enough without approaching him and he decided he wasnt interested if he wasnt our first choice.
Id say he has been waiting for the call and it just didnt come, at which point its time to move on....

My take is we took long enough without approaching him and he decided he wasnt interested if he wasnt our first choice.
Id say he has been waiting for the call and it just didnt come, at which point its time to move on....

He had to know we'd be considering other options, and had to be aware that de Boer was in Asia while he was busy interviewing. I think he ducked out likely due to consideration of the words of his old boss.

I'm not sure why lots want FDB. It's not like he's won a dogfight over there with the level of the also rans.

It's like being a British Amateur Wrestling standout. On the world stage at top level you will get really tested. Esp if he does not know the opponents inside out. I mean Celtic beat them in the group stages.

I would not be really disappointed if we got him, but he's not that experienced. I suppose I am a gutted there is scant news on the Martinez front.

I'm not sure why lots want FDB. It's not like he's won a dogfight over there with the level of the also rans.

It's like being a British Amateur Wrestling standout. On the world stage at top level you will get really tested. Esp if he does not know the opponents inside out. I mean Celtic beat them in the group stages.

I would not be really disappointed if we got him, but he's not that experienced. I suppose I am a gutted there is scant news on the Martinez front.
Hmmm... I wonder why? Maybe because I have a better chance of spontaneously teleporting to the moon than we do of getting Martinez.

In terms of realistic candidates FDB is by far the best. Whilst people delude themselves with talk of Ancelotti and Martinez they're never going to be satisfied.

Never got the hype on Martinez. Martinez just has to stay in the league, he did it by the skin of his teeth, never really had pressure off his chairman and look at some of the shite that got promoted over the last 5 years. All he had was a philosophy and some EPL experience. Even Everton this season, although playing decent football, scraped in ahead of us having had a fucking howler. Fuck Martinez.

Back
Top Bottom