Jay Rodríguez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy loves a 2 for 1 deal. The benefit of Rodriguez is that he can also provide injury cover at striker without requiring us to buy another one since we'll usually be playing only one anyway. Rodriguez on the left, Lamela on the right, Eriksen at 10 and Adebayor/Soldado/(Kane?) to share duties at 9. Without Rodriguez, spread over all competitions, it would get really thin if one of our strikers is injured. Anyway, it may all be moot now so I guess we'll be looking for a wing and a striker, which is not as encouraging.
Rodriguez can provide injury cover? For who, the underdog dog?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28542225

Southampton's Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin 'not for sale'

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin and striker Jay Rodriguez will not be sold this summer, according to chairman Ralph Krueger.

The pair have been linked with moves to Tottenham, now managed by ex-Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Southampton have already sold five players this summer.

"Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will be in our line-up as we move into next season," Krueger told BBC Radio Solent. "They will not be sold."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28542225

Southampton's Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin 'not for sale'

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin and striker Jay Rodriguez will not be sold this summer, according to chairman Ralph Krueger.

The pair have been linked with moves to Tottenham, now managed by ex-Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Southampton have already sold five players this summer.

"Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will be in our line-up as we move into next season," Krueger told BBC Radio Solent. "They will not be sold."

Is anyone else thinking that no money should be spent on this guy? I can understand at least some of the interest in Schnederlin from a stats standpoint, but I cannot fathom the amount of interest generated in players that finished 8th.

At least we aren't scousers spending north of 25 million on a league one player.

Is anyone else thinking that no money should be spent on this guy? I can understand at least some of the interest in Schnederlin from a stats standpoint, but I cannot fathom the amount of interest generated in players that finished 8th.

At least we aren't scousers spending north of 25 million on a league one player.

from a stats standpoint he scored 15 goals in the league, which is better than anyone did at spurs last year. So why not get him?

15 league goals from midfield.

Only midfielder to score more was yaya.

Other than his injury this guy looks like a great addition in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom