Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Premier League Records Compared

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't said it's maeaningless, cos I don't think it is and I thank MFF for bringing it to our attention. Sherwood was being called all sorts of names after 8 games, so why shouldn't Poch be judged as well. Indeed Poch has actually had 13 games including the Cups, and it was unlucky for us 13 against City, but that was partly becuse of poor management by Poch. Had Sherwood made as many errors as Poch did on Saturday, he wouldn't just be being judged, he'd be tried, convicted and sentenced to 'internet death' in Spursdom by a whole pack of baying 'supporters'.

He was tactically incompetent, had no ability to motivate the squad and instead fostered an active rebellion by the players. He then proceeded to complain that it was everyone's fault but his and threw the club's management under the bus saying they didn't support him. He was given the chance he'd been begging for and blew it. More than one insider said he'd talked his way out of the permanent job.

In contrast, Pochettino is having to put back together an emotionally shredded squad who've been attacked by their managers, the press and their fans for the past 2 years. Unlike Sherwood, he's actually making progress as well. Sherwood initially looked very good due to having Adebayor perform at an unsustainable level, and playing his first 6 games against the weakest stretch of opposition we saw all year.

To this point, adjusted by current team strength, Spurs have arguably had the toughest schedule of any team so far:

Sherwood had 28 games. Let's see where Pochettino is after 28 games, and then we can judge what the squad looks like and what the results have been, without any short term variability.

I actually backed Sherwood until the Benfica away game where he fucked around on his iPhone when he should have been motivating and managing a team that still had a good chance to progress in the competition.

Ultimately he was little more than Redknapp without the media hack-mates, and a slightly less ridiculous gob.

I do wonder if levy forcing the players to work on the foundations of the new stadium is tiring the lads out . No other manager has had his squad moonlighting on a building site before

:levywtf:
That was first class, sir

hatoff.gif

Has anyone bothered checking how we rate against last year in the fixtures which are comparable? I did try but got stuck with my ipad, I think we have gained about the same amount of points in comparative fixtures as last year, so.......in conclusion......ll nothing changes......

I honestly don't give a fuck if we are bottom half at Christmas and finish in no mans land - it's time to stop fucking around with managerial changes and see what someone can do with an extended run.

If that's missing out on the Europa League I don't care any more, all we do is complain about being in that competition.

We may have to. He's making the some of the same mistakes that AVB and Tim did. IMO it's going to take him a season to learn about our players. And that means watching things like playing Vlad at CB when he should have known better.

I was disappointed with that aspect. He can't have watched the entire season last year. IMO that is a bare minimum of what you do as a manager earning millions.

Cheers MFF. I'm waiting till Hallow'een before I start the 'clueless Tim' and the 'Prince of Pressing' comparisons.

But I will say now if Tim had had the win % Poch has in the Prem, I think he would be getting a lot rougher ride than Mr P has had so far. Sherwood was never given a chance by many Spurs fans and I'm still fuming over his treatment on various forums by many posters.

Sherwood was in the directors box playing with his phone whilst we shipped 4 against the bin dippers. I don't care about win %, I expect the manager to be front n centre when we are on the wrong end of a hiding. setting an example to his players.

I dunno why I bothered with this. I suspect I'm on your "doesn't agree with me , gets put on ignore" list.
ahhh well.

Sherwood was in the directors box playing with his phone whilst we shipped 4 against the bin dippers. I don't care about win %, I expect the manager to be front n centre when we are on the wrong end of a hiding. setting an example to his players.

I dunno why I bothered with this. I suspect I'm on your "doesn't agree with me , gets put on ignore" list.
ahhh well.

Sherwood watching games from the stands was un-fucking-acceptable.

Don't be a bitch... Judge now!

Brief judgement. Liking Poch. Time to build his squad / ideas would be nice.

West Ham Boleyn Ground 0-1 - Big win.
Limassol Antonis Papadopoulos 1-2 - Nice win.
QPR White Hart Lane 4-0 - Great performance.
Limassol White Hart Lane 3-0 - Nice win.

Liverpool White Hart Lane 0-3 - Shit
Sunderland Stadium of Light 2-2 - Okay result / okay performance.
Partizan Belgrade FK Partizan Stadium 0-0 - Okay result / poor performance

West Brom White Hart Lane 0-1 - Shit
Nottingham Forest White Hart Lane 3-1 - Good win
Woolwich Emirates Stadium 1-1 - Good result / Performance

Besiktas White Hart Lane 1-1 - Poor
So'ton White Hart Lane 1-0 - Great win.
Man City Etihad Stadium 4-1 - Good performance

Pros:
Mason / Kane / Rose look tidy and Lamela is improving. Lloris is god like.

Negatives:
Strikers can't score, centre backs still dodgy.

We all have to give it much longer to really judge players or manager for this season because I would add to/amend the above...

Limassol away - generally poor, saved by subs in the last 20mins

QPR - best performance and result, worst team in the league so far

Sunderland - good performance, totally dominated and only conceded one-deflected-shot in the game. However, we somehow only drew 2-2, shit result in the end (and they just shipped 8!!!!).

Forest - good last half hour to turn the game around against Championship opposition

Man City - result flattered them but, same-old-same-old as far as our bad 'luck' goes and certainly same-old result against top teams

Pros - Chadli has been solid and contributed goals as well as being closer than most to adding a couple more. Capoue as fit and mobile as Sandro at his best to date. Eriksen coming back to his old self. Other sides struggling for consistency around us.

Cons - Lamela has flattered to deceive a bit too much, need him to make that real breakthrough for even a mini-run of games. He's had the minutes and the faith. Chadli has done far more and Eriksen over-taking him too after a slow start. Chiriches and Paulinho seem write offs.
Lack of pace in the team.
Goals hard to come by for sure, defensive gaffs still imminent in any game no matter how we're playing or who the opposition are.

Back
Top Bottom