Passionate Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://imgur.com/1QoCpRN

I was in Block 36 today, right near to the visitors section and my god the noise from the Newcastle fans was deafening, for most of the first half and the entirety of the second half. I expect they had been on the piss since 6am, but even so their support was quite incredible today.

How I wish our home support was only 50% as good as theirs.

http://imgur.com/1QoCpRN

I was in Block 36 today, right near to the visitors section and my god the noise from the Newcastle fans was deafening, for most of the first half and the entirety of the second half. I expect they had been on the piss since 6am, but even so their support was quite incredible today.

How I wish our home support was only 50% as good as theirs.

There home support is not far off being as shit as ours. I went to uni up there so took a few matches in (£10 for students) and it was shite as well.

Great away support though.

I sit right up the other end and it seems that all away supporters are really loud, even when that area is not full - is it the acoustics?

I was sat in the away end, was really loud. Embarrassing having them singing songs about how quiet we are, and to think that's something we try and wind Woolwich up about.

Had to take my scarf off as someone Geordie told a steward I was going to get my head kicked in, which was less warm of them.

I was sat in the away end, was really loud. Embarrassing having them singing songs about how quiet we are, and to think that's something we try and wind Woolwich up about.

Had to take my scarf off as someone Geordie told a steward I was going to get my head kicked in, which was less warm of them.
Not surprising is it? If I was in the away end wearing a spurs scarf I wouldn't really expect anything less....

I think that is why there has always been, and always will be, segregation at football matches. It would be great if home and away fans could all sit together but get in the real world mate
Hang on, it's not like there was 50 spurs fans sitting with the away support, was me, my wife and two neutrals. Cheered our goal, didn't exactly goad anyone.

Hang on, it's not like there was 50 spurs fans sitting with the away support, was me, my wife and two neutrals. Cheered our goal, didn't exactly goad anyone.
Mate I'm not saying its wrong, fair play to you, but I'm not surprised cheering our goal didn't go down to well amongst a couple of thousand passionate geordies, most of whom had probably been drinking since the early hours.

I sit right up the other end and it seems that all away supporters are really loud, even when that area is not full - is it the acoustics?

Unfortunately, its not just the acoustics. As I'm always in the Park Lane Lower, I can categorically say we are almost always out-sung by the opposition, even when we are winning or bizarrely, even if we've won the match. The only recent one where we weren't out-sung was the 4-0 win over QPR, but even then it was only just.

Along with a couple of others who were near to me today, we tried to get some chants started but no-one was interested at all, which was probably a reflection of the general mood in the stadium and the malaise that was happening on the pitch during the second half.

Unfortunately, its not just the acoustics. As I'm always in the Park Lane Lower, I can categorically say we are almost always out-sung by the opposition, even when we are winning or bizarrely, even if we've won the match. The only recent one where we weren't out-sung was the 4-0 win over QPR, but even then it was only just.

Along with a couple of others who were near to me today, we tried to get some chants started but no-one was interested at all, which was probably a reflection of the general mood in the stadium and the malaise that was happening on the pitch during the second half.

I am not sure if you attend away games, but the home fans being out sung is not something localised to Spurs.

Almost every home ground in the perm is a morgue these days. It is tragic.

We've always been pretty loud at away games, assume that's because we are all together. But you're right, the atmosphere has been pretty rubbish recently, apart from the odd game, Ledley's testimonial springs to mind!

I am not sure if you attend away games, but the home fans being out sung is not something localised to Spurs.

Almost every home ground in the perm is a morgue these days. It is tragic.

I do a few away matches each season and thinking about it you are spot-on. A very sad indictment of modern football, I'm afraid to say.

I think the only PL exception must be Crystal Palace, who seem to have a fantastic home support. From what I have seen and heard on TV, their fans go absolutely wild even when their players come out of the tunnel, let alone score.

I do a few away matches each season and thinking about it you are spot-on. A very sad indictment of modern football, I'm afraid to say.

I think the only PL exception must be Crystal Palace, who seem to have a fantastic home support. From what I have seen and heard on TV, their fans go absolutely wild even when their players come out of the tunnel, let alone score.
Wait until the novelty of being in the PL wears off and they will soon be like the rest of us ;)

i thought they were pretty quiet first half, only burst into life after their first goal, and i was in block 32, and didn't think that the atmosphere was too bad today, us and people closest to us on the shelf were singing

Back
Top Bottom