Passionate Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://imgur.com/1QoCpRN

I was in Block 36 today, right near to the visitors section and my god the noise from the Newcastle fans was deafening, for most of the first half and the entirety of the second half. I expect they had been on the piss since 6am, but even so their support was quite incredible today.

How I wish our home support was only 50% as good as theirs.

50% like a Geordie??.....GTFO with that bullshit...
you want to wear scoop neck tee's, be 120 pounds just so you have abs, stupid fucking haircut and attend a solarium 3 times a week do it on your own time mate..

I'd expect to get verbal hurled at me all day, but I'm in WHL ffs, not Lazio
You need to distinguish between idealism and pramatism. I agree with you that in an ideal world home and away fans should be able to mix, have a beer together and watch the match, but the real world is not like that. Football is a tribal game, attended for the most by people who are passionate about their team and want to see their team beat the oppostion and prove they are better and that ' prove your better' mindset also applies to singing and size and nosie of support.

They probably didn't like you because you were wearing a scarf. Were you wearing a coat too? They don't like that behaviour up there. You should have watched the game topless.

I'm sure there must be a reason for it, but I can't think why you'd sit in the away end at WHL with two neutrals?? Seemed to be a scattering of empty seats around the ground, there seemed to be most of a row in front of me in 35 but could've been a few season ticket holders who weren't bothered.

Football is all about passion. We spend every day preaching about it on this forum, bemoaning how money is sterilising the small amount that remains within our stadium.

Admittedly, with certain people there can be a very thin line between passion and aggression (especially after 10 bottles of Newcy Brown). I’m not condoning that, but sitting in the away end wearing spurs colours and applauding a home goal and then griping when their fans take offense to it! Some people aren’t real! It’s not as if tickets where hard to come by for this one. If the roles had been reversed I would have made my displeasure known.

We want our stadium to be like a cauldron boiling over. With this sort of attitude no wonder it’s more like a tepid cup of weak Earl Grey.

Sitting in the away end supporting the home team,
wearing a scarf
sat with your wife
and taking along a couple of neutrals......

Did you take a hamper with you??

I normally consider the Geordie support as highly overrated but thought they were class on Sunday. Probably the best at WHL this season.
Given how their home "support" is not really "support" these days I was very impressed. I guess most of those away fans exaggerate their behaviour to make up for home games.

alijamieson alijamieson - Just interested, are you from the UK?

Watching an away game in the home end is one thing. But watching a home game in the away end another! Also, how did you get the tickets? It might be a myth but I thought all away tickets went to Geordies with several decades of Most Loyal Supporters In The World Loyalty Points.

alijamieson alijamieson - Just interested, are you from the UK?

Watching an away game in the home end is one thing. But watching a home game in the away end another! Also, how did you get the tickets? It might be a myth but I thought all away tickets went to Geordies with several decades of Most Loyal Supporters In The World Loyalty Points.

Hi, yes I am from the UK, been a Spurs fan since I was 5 or 6. Never sat in the away end before.

My friends were guests of Gabriel Obertan, and they go to most Newcastle away games in London.

If I was watching Spurs away and there were some muppets in our section wearing home colours and cheering on the home team, I'd be pretty pissed off... and I'd probably want to see them chucked out too. Segregation and the tribalism of football fans is something that sets it apart from other sports and, at times, makes for superb atmospheres and a bit of edge. The idea that we should all sit together and share our Waitrose picnics is fucking bullshit.

Nope, but I find it kind of sad the people goading Chelsea fans for it (can't believe I just said that). But it's the same in every ground and I have a strong suspicion the majority of people who will now be goading Chelsea's support have never been to a game in their lives.

One huge help across the premier league would be safe-standing! Needs to happen because not only are people more likely to sign standing up, but almost more importantly it'll group like minded supporters together.

Hi, yes I am from the UK, been a Spurs fan since I was 5 or 6. Never sat in the away end before.

My friends were guests of Gabriel Obertan, and they go to most Newcastle away games in London.
I have to be honest - your confession stuck me as being either from someone a) who has never been to a top flight game in the UK before, b) Someone with thinking issues c) someone on a wind up.

No one can be that ignorant of the ramifications of doing that and not need a nurse or a lot of medication.

Back
Top Bottom