Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering that last night was his 8th premier league appearance, I was actually pleased with how he got on. Was a bit nervous about him and Bentaleb (though happy Poch had the balls to choose them), and I don't think either of them fucked up for Chelsea's goals. Certainly not the first two, anyway.

Not to mention that the initial promise we showed in the first 15/20 minutes was partly down to them.

Any updates on the injury front. Really wouldn't want to see him out for long... seems to make us tick in the middle.
Courtesy of JDK JDK . Obviously not official.

image.png

Got to admit that I was a bit worried, as he really seemed in a bad way when he went down, however he did managed to hobble off and was able to put a bit of weight on it, so glad to hear that he wasn't too badly hurt, think we would miss him quite a bit.

Mason's face/body language probably made it look worse as well as you can imagine the fear he'd be going through knowing the amount of injuries and setbacks he's had to go through to get into the starting eleven.

Mason left a huge void in the midfield. Crazy to think that no one gave him a chance this year before preseason and now looking at our roster, we really don't have another player like him in the squad. Wonder if Holtby could be that guy if he isn't already sold.

I'm still in shock this guys come in and done so good. Just goes to show that players really do develop at different rates. Hope ta fuck he keeps improving as he's become very important for us.

Mason left a huge void in the midfield. Crazy to think that no one gave him a chance this year before preseason and now looking at our roster, we really don't have another player like him in the squad. Wonder if Holtby could be that guy if he isn't already sold.
He had injury problems so i cant even have a dig at AVB for ignoring him, had he been fit he would have played under Tim for sure (See Harry and Nabil - (to much derision))

He had injury problems so i cant even have a dig at AVB for ignoring him, had he been fit he would have played under Tim for sure (See Harry and Nabil - (to much derision))

Sorry, when I said "no one" i was more speaking about the fans. He's now a lock for Premier League games. He impressed in preseason, but with the surplus of midfielders we have I don't think any of us could have expect him to be an every game started. Credit to him for never giving up and fighting for his place.

Sorry, when I said "no one" i was more speaking about the fans. He's now a lock for Premier League games. He impressed in preseason, but with the surplus of midfielders we have I don't think any of us could have expect him to be an every game started. Credit to him for never giving up and fighting for his place.
Credit also to Poch for having faith and playing him against Woolwich, talk about thrown in the deep end

The only criticism of Mason that I have seen is that he runs out of gas a little towards the end, don't know if that true but his passing has impressed me hugely, seems to be one of our few midfielders who can hit the ball forward a lot with accuracy and doesn't slow the game down for us.

Back
Top Bottom