Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well said. No gripe with him regards going QPR / Qatar etc. We gave him the contract. Main issue is he has been wank at football recently. Needs to improve!

Which he will stand a far greater chance of doing if the supporters stopped booing.

I get that it is one of the ways that fans can put across their displeasure but it pisses me off.

"The stories that he was bringing Newcastle players into the changing room and there was a row with players – that never happened." Brad Freidel

It will be ignored, and put down to PR.

Some people will never accept him, because of the gooner thing. Thats why they also despise Harry Kane, Clive Allen, and Pat Jennings, and would still hate Adebayor if he scored 20 goals between now and May.

:pochbye:
I think Pat Jennings will always be one of the greats at Spurs!

I'm not a fan of Ade and I just think he needs to go at this point. Honestly, I just feel like we've moved on without him, and he's just not a part of the team anymore. That's just personal feelings though, and it would be really pretty terrible if he continues to get booed at this point. I didn't really have a problem with it when it first happened, but if he were to play tomorrow and gets it again, it would be a fucking disgrace.

Didn't really like him until I saw an interview and e came across as a nice bloke. If he was a bad influence in the set up, I doubt he would still be picked and the manager would have wanted him out at all costs. MP demands loyalty.
I just think he ain't been performing well. I honestly believe the man is really overrated for how inconsistent he is.
Players rarely possess loyalty to a club. Most look out for themselves and their main interest is performing well to earn as much as they can for themselves and their family.
I would love it if he started to turn it on and helped us climb the table. It can only be beneficial to Spurs. However, I wouldn't be that upset if he left.
Too right I would be pissed if he left for Spam on loan, we paid his wages to help them out. Thats why Gold's statement 'their(sic) are some people you just can't do business with' sticks in my throat.'
Does he really expect us to finance their strengthening and at the same time weaken ourselves.
If it doesn't benefit us, he can stay. It's also in his best interest to do well when he's on the pitch. Otherwise their may be no suitors. I mean Spam were not willing to pay us the amount we paid for him were they. They wanted freeness.

As for booing a player or the side. Never have done it and never will. I just don't see what it achieves.
I seem to remember the same kind of thing happening under Burkinshaw -when we were going through a bad patch and the jitters spread at home. I think it was Everton at home, he went public in the programme urging the fans to get behind the team. We did that day. Think it was 3-3

Everyone pays and if they think it's the correct way, then that's up to them.

I'm not a fan of Ade and I just think he needs to go at this point. Honestly, I just feel like we've moved on without him, and he's just not a part of the team anymore. That's just personal feelings though, and it would be really pretty terrible if he continues to get booed at this point. I didn't really have a problem with it when it first happened, but if he were to play tomorrow and gets it again, it would be a fucking disgrace.
Agreed. Any bellend who's hatred for Ade overrides the need to support Spurs against Woolwich needs to give their ticket to someone else. It's fucking Woolwich, no booing. It'll just play in to those cunts hands.

I feel like booing Adebayor is like New Years Eve - everyone says they hate it yet so many seem to get involved.
Will never understand booing, I don't see what it could achieve apart from make the entire team underperform, flatten an atmosphere and generally cause bad Juju... And let's face it, there's been enough of that.
:adegrin2:

I feel like booing Adebayor is like New Years Eve - everyone says they hate it yet so many seem to get involved.
Nah, just a few cunts can seem like a majority. I bet it'll be fine tomorrow though if he got game time because I'd be willing to bet a lot of the twats booing will have Stub Hubbed their tickets for tomorrow, being what they are.

Yet look at his reason for joining Woolwich, to deliberately fuck us over. (i love the one haircut shovel handed irishman for the record)

I don't.
For the very reason you mention, always sickens me he's treated as some sort of Spurs legend when all he did was show Cuntbell how to do it.

Jennings would never have left Spurs if he hadn't been pushed out. So he will always be a legend in my eyes. With regards to Ade, whilst he is playing for us, always want him to do well. But he is one frustrating player.

I don't.
For the very reason you mention, always sickens me he's treated as some sort of Spurs legend when all he did was show Cuntbell how to do it.
Apparently Jennings is a regular at WHL and is justifiably treated as a legend. Perhaps they know something you don't? But every fan (if that is the right analogy) is entitled to their opinion, including the right to boo Ade if they want I suppose.

Oh look, Brad giving the same respect to Tim Sherwood as me. He was the first one to really try and show us what our academy can do and the rest of you forget that. Yeah he was a mug but credit where credits due.

Apparently Jennings is a regular at WHL and is justifiably treated as a legend. Perhaps they know something you don't? But every fan (if that is the right analogy) is entitled to their opinion, including the right to boo Ade if they want I suppose.
He does the "legends" tour of WHL from time to time iirc. The big man is most certainly a legend in my eyes. The way he was treated was shabby. A blot on our great history.

Back
Top Bottom