Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's bollocks and you know it is Sammy:

No its not. I would look at Jennings much differently if he had never worn a Scum shirt for EIGHT years and played for them against us.

article-2533515-1A67B3C200000578-200_634x417.jpg

Cup holders Tottenham celebrate as the ball trickles past keeper Pat Jennings and into the goal

3318515529.jpg

If that doesnt taint your view of him, and you think of him exactly the same as if he spent those 8 years at Spurs, then quite frankly you have a warped vision of what a legend is.

He was told he wasn't wanted. He went to work somewhere else. Should he have retired instead (back in the days when footballers weren't earning a million a month), or move to a nearby employer, who wanted to employ him so as not to uproot his family? Each to their own, but the suits cunted him off. Most people think he's a Spurs legend. But if some people think otherwise, then fine.

What? Know your history mate. We told him to fuck off. As legends go there are few men who come any more deserving than him.

He shit on over 50,000 ( yeah over 50,000 in those days) fans who used to sing his name, I do know my fucking history, I was a kid who was one of them.

He shit on 50,000 Spurs fans who used to sing his name, and yes, I do know my fucking history, I was one of those kids in the 50,000

He shit on over 50,000 ( yeah over 50,000 in those days) fans who used to sing his name, I do know my fucking history, I was a kid who was one of them.
I'm sorry for the "history" quote on my origional post mate. I woke up this morning with PMT (pre match tension) and you were digging at one of my heroes. I still disagree with your stance though. I too was one of the kids in the 50,000 & this great man is one of my all time legends and nothing will change my mind on that.:adebaehug:

I'm sorry for the "history" quote on my origional post mate. I woke up this morning with PMT (pre match tension) and you were digging at one of my heroes. I still disagree with your stance though. I too was one of the kids in the 50,000 & this great man is one of my all time legends and nothing will change my mind on that.:adebaehug:

No prob, we're all entitled to our views.

No its not. I would look at Jennings much differently if he had never worn a Scum shirt for EIGHT years and played for them against us.

article-2533515-1A67B3C200000578-200_634x417.jpg

Cup holders Tottenham celebrate as the ball trickles past keeper Pat Jennings and into the goal

3318515529.jpg

If that doesnt taint your view of him, and you think of him exactly the same as if he spent those 8 years at Spurs, then quite frankly you have a warped vision of what a legend is.
That's fucking harsh. The club acted with incredible short-sightedness with Jennings - all he wanted was a contract, and the board (we) wouldn't give him one. In those days, as you know damn well, players earned not a lot. In 1972 Martin Peters was our highest paid player on £200 a week FFS. Getting your admittedly sharp teeth into Jennings does you no credit IMO. I know for a fact that you go where the money is, and, as a professional that's what you'd expect, but some of your rhetoric concerning some of our ex-players, is ridiculous. Bale, Berbatov, Modric or any of those cunts, I agree with you, but Jennings, who was a million miles from financial security at the time, can hardly be blamed for trying to extend his career - what the fuck did you expect him to do? He went (however how much it hurt) to the people who offered him the most money; maybe £500 a week? I don't know, but the 'fans' weren't going to buy him beers and let his kids sleep on their sofas. Legend for me.

And you stick up for that clown Adebayor? - I suspect you don't actually feel like it, but it fits with your contrary standpoint on nearly everything. (yeah, I know etc...) I'm a cunt. I like filling in the answers, it saves time. I'm a cunt, so was Pat Jennings. But you brother? You are beyond reproach - and Spurs' biggest fan. Football was different then - that's why Pat has to eke out a living meeting and greeting Spurs 'fans' every other week at WHL. He never did anything so bad as to deserve that.

Last edited:
That's fucking harsh. The club acted with incredible short-sightedness with Jennings - all he wanted was a contract, and the board (we) wouldn't give him one. In those days, as you know damn well, players earned not a lot. In 1972 Martin Peters was our highest paid player on £200 a week FFS. Getting your admittedly sharp teeth into Jennings does you no credit IMO. I know for a fact that you go where the money is, and, as a professional that's what you'd expect, but some of your rhetoric concerning some of our ex-players, is ridiculous. Bale, Berbatov, Modric or any of those cunts, I agree with you, but Jennings, who was a million miles from financial security at the time, can hardly be blamed for trying to extend his career - what the fuck did you expect him to do? He went (however how much it hurt) to the people who offered him the most money; maybe £500 a week? I don't know, but the 'fans' weren't going to buy him beers and let his kids sleep on their sofas. Legend for me.

And you stick up for that clown Adebayor? - I suspect you don't actually feel like it, but it fits with your contrary standpoint on nearly everything. (yeah, I know etc...) I'm a cunt. I like filling in the answers, it saves time. I'm a cunt, so was Pat Jennings. But you brother? You are beyond reproach - and Spurs' biggest fan. Football was different then - that's why Pat has to eke out a living meeting and greeting Spurs 'fans' every other week at WHL. He never did anything so bad as to deserve that.
I don't see him sticking up for Ade more so showing that you all are also being hypocritical. The majority of our fan base hate Ade cause you used to play for them..

The only difference is Ade hasnt been as good or as achieved as much with Spurs as Jennings did during his years and also that he played for us first not the other way around.

I don't see him sticking up for Ade more so showing that you all are also being hypocritical. The majority of our fan base hate Ade cause you used to play for them..

The only difference is Ade hasnt been as good or as achieved as much with Spurs as Jennings did during his years and also that he played for us first not the other way around.
Jennings is Spurs: Big difference between being forced to look after your family and just getting money under false pretenses.

I was thirteen when Pat left and it felt like my world had fallen apart, it took awhile for me to forgive him but I did when the truth came out. I remember at the time that cunt terry neil left first and he took pat and that cunt willie young with him. Strewth I got into some right big tear ups at school over all that.

LOL....just watched the video.

Maybe all the people who are acting like Jennings would have ended up in Cardboard City had he not joined the Scum missed the part where they said Man U, Villa and Ipswich wanted him.....but he chose the gooners.

He did it to piss off the club. Sorry, but that meant a slap to all those fans at the time, who idolised him and had fuck all to do with the board.

And as for the Ade comparisons...yeah, I'll defend him all day long. He LEFT the Scum, and joined us.

Pat Jennings LEFT us, and joined the Scum.......slight difference if you are a Spurs fan.

LOL....just watched the video.

Maybe all the people who are acting like Jennings would have ended up in Cardboard City had he not joined the Scum missed the part where they said Man U, Villa and Ipswich wanted him.....but he chose the gooners.

He did it to piss off the club. Sorry, but that meant a slap to all those fans at the time, who idolised him and had fuck all to do with the board.

And as for the Ade comparisons...yeah, I'll defend him all day long. He LEFT the Scum, and joined us.

Pat Jennings LEFT us, and joined the Scum.......slight difference if you are a Spurs fan.

He didn't leave us, we left him.

Boltonspurs: 8 years and 237 appearances suggests you are in denial

article-1103246-0019974000000258-865_224x423.jpg

Pat-Rice.jpg
I'm not in any such thing. I'm merely pointing out that he was too young to retire & had a young family to support. The club he loved didn't want him & even Keith Birkenshaw admitted it was wrong to get rid with hindsight. They fancied Barry fucking Daines over Pat Jennings. Their bad. Maybe he didn't want to leave his settled home to go to some shitty club up north? Maybe his family was settled & he was a family man first & foremost? Maybe he was offered a deal that nobody in his position could refuse from Woolwich? What does he do nowadays & where does he do it? You're cunting him off with no knowledge of the facts behind his decision. You're entitled to your opinion though, oh Internet warlord. But of all the loud mouth, boring cunts on here, you top the list when the mood takes you. Another one who will argue all day just to provoke a reaction. Good for you. Now go & find some pictures of disabled kids to post to show just what a hero you really are.

Not his biggest fan, but now that he's here until June at least - why not try and make use of him? Throw him on the bench at least - look at some of the names last night, ffs. He could grab us a late goal, who knows. Plus it would keep his stock decent for the potential summer sale

One for Poch to review urgently, imv

Last edited:
If he thinks that he still has a chance to win a new contract, if even he doesn't, he could be a fantastic player for us.

So, yes, Poch should have him on the bench as an option if he trains well.

Back
Top Bottom