Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd be up for removing disagree, it doesn't really add anything. It's not negative either tbf, it's a neutral rating so doesn't effect rep scores.

If it's not really adding anything to the board and some people are just using it to annoy other people then there is definitely an argument to say bin it.
Why should a selected few be used as the basis for how the forum functionality is dealt with? Unless the poll has a minimum of 30 votes - I'd say the results would be mostly biased by the same old self-appointed moral paladins and common cock-sockets who dominate every such discussion about Internet rep and organise binnings via PM. The same kind of people who create secret forums to moan about shit on here. The same kind of people who complain about threads being constantly taken off topic while they have fuck all to add themselves but simply like to moan, and moan like grumpy old men

Oh, and make the poll public, please

Why should a selected few be used as the basis for how the forum functionality is dealt with? Unless the poll has a minimum of 30 votes - I'd say the results would be mostly biased by the same old self-appointed moral paladins and common cock-sockets who dominate every such discussion about Internet rep and organise binnings via PM. The same kind of people who create secret forums to moan about shit on here. The same kind of people who complain about threads being constantly taken off topic while they have fuck all to add themselves but simply like to moan, and moan like grumpy old men

Oh, and make the poll public, please

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

I voted remove as I don't feel it really adds anything useful, however I can't say I care that much and occasionally it raises a chuckle seeing a completely passive post be disagreed.

The biggest irony is that you and your lady-chums have become a parody of the very people you've set out to complain about. I doubt you'd ever be able to comprehend that though.

Why not just say you'd be lost without the disagree button, just like you had a momentary flap when the dislike button was taken away. Before you realised you could press disagree instead.

It's like your only outlet for how angry you are with the world, it would be kind of cruel to take it away from you really.

Yeah, but what about the tension downstairs?
NSFW Female Appreciation Thread

Also i have had Case install a mains current into my mouse, at every disagree i get an electric shock. That way i feel the physical pain, as well as the mental torture i feel each time someone on here doesn't agree with my righteous, just and totally correct appraisal of football.

Why not just say you'd be lost without the disagree button, just like you had a momentary flap when the dislike button was taken away. Before you realised you could press disagree instead.

It's like your only outlet for how angry you are with the world, it would be kind of cruel to take it away from you really.
It is you and your mates who keep starting threads and complain about it daily - I'd say the impact is far greater on your behalf seeing you virtually have little else going for yourselves bar internet rep. You're literally part of every such thread. Always. Like a fly on shit.

I'd say remove all rep completely - bet that will be the end of you? How sad

It is you and your mates who keep starting threads and complain about it daily - I'd say the impact is far greater on your behalf seeing you virtually have little else going for yourselves bar internet rep

I'd say remove all rep completely - bet that will be the end of you? How sad

Yeah!

Because it's seen, rightly or wrongly, as antagonistic. If someone feels strongly enough to 'disagree', surely a few words of explanation aren't too much to expect. A 'disagree' invites further comment, an 'agree' doesn't.

I actually voted to keep the disagree button but you might have changed my mind somewhat. I always saw disagree as a useful in terms of someone making a wild or cunty remark or of course a Woolwich troll hitting the forum but I guess even the most outlandish dick comment deserves a reply.

I think it would be easier if people knew how to use the disagree button, i.e click it when you really disagree with an opinion and then expain why, but it does feel like a misused tool, used more out of personal dislike rather than actually disagreement.

Is it possible for posts to be automatically removed after a certain amount of disagrees? That could be of some use for the wanker trolls from other clubs.

Back
Top Bottom