Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Instead of removing the disagree button.....

How about every time you do a disagree it lowers your own reputation by 2 so there's a consequence to being lazy and not replying and just clicking X.

Eventually spammers will have neg rep and quite possibly they are the ones most bothered by forum ratings so will be a bit more frugal with their disagrees
If anything - this thread proves the people most bothered by ratings are the ones moaning about disagrees. People disagree with each other all the time - it's the nature of debate - what's the big fucking deal if a few emotionally immature, insecure, low self-esteem individuals can't deal with 'confrontation'? Imagine the shock they'll get in the real world when the Bank 'disagrees' to grant them that home loan - would they want the Bank closed down as well? If anything this is teaching them invaluable life lessons and they should be grateful as such

:townhmm:

If anything - this thread proves the people most bothered by ratings are the ones moaning about disagrees. People disagree with each other all the time - it's the nature of debate - what's the big fucking deal if a few emotionally immature, insecure, low self-esteem individuals can't deal with 'confrontation'? Imagine the shock they'll get in the real world when the Bank 'disagrees' to grant them that home loan - would they want the Bank closed down as well? If anything this is teaching them invaluable life lessons and they should be grateful as such

Lol, that's hillarious!
And I think you protest a wee bit too much.

You're probably going to go on a disagree campaign against me now lol, but I can't help myself

Tee-hee-hee :)

Arcspace the unappreciated enlightened one....

From afar... within his Lego Zen Temple, perched upon the highest peak..... He shines like a beacon of reason and rationale, piercing the dimmest corners of this murkily lit TFC Forum....

No thread or poster... no matter how old or new, shall be able to resist his wisdom.

And that you have decided not to charge for these invaluable life lessons is truly humbling.

But in seriousness, to try to reason your points....

People disagree with each other all the time - it's the nature of debate

Well I think you provided your own counter point here... "debate" isn't hitting X

what's the big fucking deal if a few emotionally immature, insecure, low self-esteem individuals can't deal with 'confrontation'?

Well the counter argument... as it's sooooooooooooo unimportant.... what's the big fucking deal if it's removed?

Imagine the shock they'll get in the real world when the Bank 'disagrees' to grant them that home loan - would they want the Bank closed down as well? If anything this is teaching them invaluable life lessons and they should be grateful as such

Well that's really not a fair or true comparison.

A fair comparison would be walking into 10 banks.
Finding the same guy at each place and getting rejected at each place with no explanation while he sits there with a smug look on his face, doing his best impersonation of a bond villain.

Having studied your response in detail, I have concluded your (mental) age is no more than 15 and for that alone, I'm out. With all due respect, mate. Evidently, I'm not the only one who believes it should remain - so perhaps you should summon for questioning the other 20-odd posters. Hey ho.

This debate (for me anyway) isn't about people being bothered when they get disagreed with. It's when good posts get nothing but neg rep, which is entirely counter-productive and a misuse of the button itself.

As you yourself has admitted, you use it to "disagree with that persons existence on this forum in general, not that particular post" - if we all did that the forum would be littered with X's that have absolutely no relevance to posts by users whatsoever

Your comment of "people disagree - it's the nature of debate" sums it up. That's not debate, is it - that disagreeing and not putting your counter views across for debate. It's utterly pointless, in my view.

I don't think disagree needs to be removed, but the use of it (if possible) should be limited in some way to prevent people using it as you often do. Not gonna fall out with anyone over it, and I have no personal dislike for you, but I think it's just fucking stupid, if anything.

This debate (for me anyway) isn't about people being bothered when they get disagreed with. It's when good posts get nothing but neg rep, which is entirely counter-productive and a misuse of the button itself.
Why - it doesn't change the content of a supposedly quality post - it's meaningless 'bantz' or whatever description you wish to attribute. You can still read it and enjoy - why does some stupid graphic at the end of ti bother you so much? This is a football forum - people are bound to disagree on matters.

Again, looking at the poll - an opinion shared by many (unless it's all my multis voting)

I only have one

Why - it doesn't change the content of a supposedly quality post - it's meaningless 'bantz' or whatever description you wish to attribute. You can still read it and enjoy - why does some stupid graphic at the end of ti bother you so much? This is a football forum - people are bound to disagree on matters.

Again, looking at the poll - an opinion shared by many (unless it's all my multis voting)

I only have one
Yes, but you are not disagreeing with that post, which is the purpose of the tool.

It doesn't bother me so much. As I've already said, I'v just giving feedback to Admin Admin . It gets misused, therefore what's the purpose of it? That's what I'm asking.

I don't think we need to be rid of it, I use it myself, but I follow up with a post explaining why I've disagreed (unless the post is clearly there to antagonise people).

It gets misused, therefore what's the purpose of it? That's what I'm asking.
I don't think Internetz banter constitutes mis-use, mate. If it was abusive - sure, but it's nothing more than the equivalent of poking in the ribs the fat guy sitting in front of you at school. And that's only 20% of the time - rest is a genuine 'disagree' with what's written.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...__Judgement_day_in_Spurs_CPO_battle/#comments
BkiAnOb.jpg

:adethumbup:

I was actually reading that blog in Paddington this morning when I came across Arcspace's comment. I nearly choked on my burrito. Had to make some excuse to my mate, as he is unaware of my internet life.
I later saw that Arcspace posted the above link in the New Stadium thread

i vote to bring back the dislike button so I can wind spammyspur up again lol

that shit was priceless :paulinholol:

but seriously if you get your thong in a twist over sum cunt like arseface trolling you with a little x at the bottom of your post it's time to take a wee break from da ruff and tumble world of the interwebz

these twats tell me ta grow up for posting juju shit then throw their toys out over a fucking little x or thumbs down lmfao get over yourselves you fecking twats

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom