Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, don't get into the cunting off aspect of this forum very often I'm in no mood for your shit. Your posting is absolute tragic. You know absolutely nothing and are one of the most negative cunts I've ever seen.

I understand you may be rebelling against your family or something and have taken to supporting Spurs instead of City for the moment but you have to understand Spurs aren't like City. Today we trotted out five academy players and two more that we bought for sub five million before the age of twenty. Spurs have to develop players and if you don't understand the disadvantage of having a 23.1 average team versus a massively experienced Chelsea team then you are fucking thick.

This young team will develop massively over the next couple of years with a quality coach and we are going to be a squad to be proud of.

As for you, just fuck off. Obviously we didn't get the result we wanted today but Chelsea scored two deflected goals and that was the difference. No one is having your negative shit. You are the new Gibbs. Find somewhere new to peddle your utter drivel.
I can't agree enough. The age plays so much of a difference in cup games and late season games. We'll see a difference in the next few seasons I'm sure.

I thought we were pretty good. Kane found it difficult against two massive handy cunts on his own. Townsend is dangerous until his final ball, but got us forward a lot. Bentaleb was excellent. Rose and Walker better going forward than back. We just don't have a plausible plan B when Harry gets marked out, or when we don't get a free kick just outside the box.

Losing to a team that cost fortunes more than ours, with us having five Academy players on the park is nothing to be ashamed of. We couldn't get over the final hurdle, but had a better run than another 90 teams.

TTID / COYS

You'll also notice we were the better team, like liverpool when the lost 2-0 last year we played the football today not them.

They parked two buses and hit the long ball counter attacks as if they were the cheaper team and even their two goals were lucky deflections. Maybe next time we play chavs we have to learn to win the game rather than play football.

As Mourinho himself said '19th century football' and unfortuatly it worked.

This young team will develop massively over the next couple of years with a quality coach and we are going to be a squad to be proud of.

So, out of Townsend, Mason, Rose and Nabil who'd you reckons going to score the most goals? And here lies the issue.

You literally rambled on without even touching on the topic at hand. Yes, they will develop. Into world class players? I doubt even the most optimistic can hope for that.

Unless we can buy players who can score goals, we're fucked next year just like this year. By all means, have another emotional rant and disagree that a team with 1 striker needs more goals though.

Whats the problem fella we lost as i and was expected to nothing unusual there.

I think several factors:

1) We sensed blood after spanking them 5-3.
2) Matic suspended.
3) We're a better team now than under Arry, AVB, Timmy.
4) KANE.

Then again, maybe a little fatigue from Fiorentina mid-week crept in, despite the rotation.

So, out of Townsend, Mason, Rose and Nabil who'd you reckons going to score the most goals? And here lies the issue.
Even in the most successful teams, a winger, 2 DMs and a left back aren't expected to rattle in boatloads of goals. Look at Chelsea - Hazard gets a few, Matic and Ramires very little and the Spanish bloke none at all. Goals are scored by strikers and central attacking midfielders. That's it.

The four guys you mentioned are more than good enough to be involved in the squad of a title challenging team. And I'm sure they'll get better.

I think several factors:

1) We sensed blood after spanking them 5-3.
2) Matic suspended.
3) We're a better team now than under Arry, AVB, Timmy.
4) KANE.

Then again, maybe a little fatigue from Fiorentina mid-week crept in, despite the rotation.

Better team again today but
Mourinho did his normal park the bus and counter attack, fell into his trap, God
Chavs are a boring football team.

good game overall. Main thing I would have changed was townsend...belongs no where near our starting 11. Doesn't bring much of anything...arguably you can say he can run the touchline and whip a cross, but even then, he is too inconsistent to warrant that one trick.

Even in the most successful teams, a winger, 2 DMs and a left back aren't expected to rattle in boatloads of goals. Look at Chelsea - Hazard gets a few, Matic and Ramires very little and the Spanish bloke none at all. Goals are scored by strikers and central attacking midfielders. That's it.

The four guys you mentioned are more than good enough to be involved in the squad of a title challenging team. And I'm sure they'll get better.

That's fine, I realise this and accept it.

JDK said we had a young team. I said youth doesn't solve all your issues; we don't score enough goals. He rattles on about youth while throwing a tantrum. It doesn't matter how young they are or how much they will develop; we still don't have enough goals in our team and it's a weak squad.

Didn't realise saying we needed to buy players (And quality ones at that) was so controversial.

Back
Top Bottom