Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People moaning about EL mid-week games disrupting our season but they want us to qualify for the CL so we can play mid-week games again

:avbfacepalm:

I, for one, am not moaning about playing mid-week. I would love to be playing Inter Milan, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening. Not playing Outer Mongolia FC on a Thursday evening.

I, for one, am not moaning about playing mid-week. I would love to be playing Inter Milan, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening. Not playing Outer Mongolia FC on a Thursday evening.
The week day is irrelevant - if we play Wednesday we get the same rest, since the format alternates

Considering our current coefficient - we'd have at least 1 wank team in our CL group and 1 top-seeded team

I agree. But unfortunately the players cannot grasp this. When they play Thursdays they are fucked on Sundays.

Don't you play more games in the EL than CL and all thoughs long distance games to the middle of nowhere must have some effect, whatever the reason it's depressing.

People moaning about EL mid-week games disrupting our season but they want us to qualify for the CL so we can play mid-week games again

:avbfacepalm:

The bigger point is saying they don't want to qualify then the first thing they use against trolling arse fans is the fact we have won it twice, don't discredit the competition! The problem is we need to dump 6 players and get about 4 in Poch likes to be able to give players (mainly Kane) a rest, then playing Thursday much easier

Not sure if the point has been made already (can't be bothered to sift through the trolling and in fighting to see) but - how galling is it to have to watch a cup final, that the respective fans of both participants would donate vital organs to witness live - only to see the corporate hospitality seats empty for vast periods of the game.
Why don't they simply take the freeloading arseholes to a big room, full of vats of prawn sandwiches and champagne and a big screen showing money being counted, and let real football fans sit in the seats and watch the game?
The scenes of empty rows and sections of seats pretty much encapsulates what is wrong with todays football.

Does anyone else feel that if we do miss out on the top 4 it would be better to miss out on the Europa League also?
I ask this because the EL has disrupted our season this time around and it's not the first time.
We cant go for top 4 without dropping into the EL if we fall short. So NO. We need to stop picking and choosing our games. we would all want CL and we will achive it if we are good enough.

great day until the football... wonder where i've heard that before...

seen plenty making excuses and trying to take positives, fact is chelsea did what was needed to win the final, we might have played ok in the 1st half but i'd take playing fucking awful in a cup final any day and winning the thing, than losing. hard to be at all positive after losing to that lot at Wembley, again.

Back
Top Bottom