Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Howedes will be his replacement, in an ideal world. Howedes if a left footed CB, who is better than Vertonghen and with his buyout clause of 18m, it should be a wash in spending. If Howedes doesn't have that 18m buyout clause then no way will we get him.

Not sure where all of this Howedes talk is coming from. All signs point to him being very happy at Schalke, having been there since 2001. He is also their club captain. He has spoken of leaving at some point, but I can't see him leaving Schalke for the time being. He is also right footed.

Not sure where all of this Howedes talk is coming from. All signs point to him being very happy at Schalke, having been there since 2001. He is also their club captain. He has spoken of leaving at some point, but I can't see him leaving Schalke for the time being. He is also right footed.

Howeded is right footed? Didn't he play LB at the world cup? I made the assumption of him being left footed by him playing LB at the world cup.

Oh my god do people think we're going to sign howedes?

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

In the first edition of his irregular program, "The White Hart Dane Show", Christian Eriksen had this to say about his Tottenham compagnaro Jan Vertonghen:

Christian Eriksen said:
I think Jan is getting more giggly all the time.

Jan getting "more giggly?" What does this mean for Tottenham stalwart Lewis Holtby, now on loan at HSV. Lucky Lew was once regarded as the giggliest player at the Lane.

Also will never forget his blase attitude lining up against Quiverpool last season under Sherwood.
Doesn't matter who was the manager, you still need to put effort in, he is mentally weak unlike Lloris.
Hate seeing Vertonghen in the captains armband, much rather Fazio if need be as hes more vocal on the pitch.

Also will never forget his blase attitude lining up against Quiverpool last season under Sherwood.
Doesn't matter who was the manager, you still need to put effort in, he is mentally weak unlike Lloris.
Hate seeing Vertonghen in the captains armband, much rather Fazio if need be as hes more vocal on the pitch.
He seems to be somewhat of an enigma. Could be the dogs nuts but....
:vertna:

I am a big fan of vertonghen, i like how most of our defenders seem like midfielders or wingers who were just stuck in defense. If only for the comic value

Started off the season slagging him off.
Felt a bit of optimism mid-season
Became impressed with him
End the season slagging him off.

No where near as good as people think.

Judging by the reception/support we got Down Under, I reckon we'll relocate there for a season while the new stadium is being built...
#youllsee ... :levystare:

I'm actually glad he openly said that he's staying.
He does have his ups and downs ... but I like having him in the squad.

He's a solid defender imo, and with Wimmer coming in and competing, I think we could see some more exciting stuff from Verts.

Back
Top Bottom