'Highest ever profit by English Club' - Guardian on us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Useful info from the Guardian regarding all Prem clubs accounts from last season

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/29/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

They take a dig at us though, quelle surprise!

'The first is the £80m profit, the largest ever made by an English football club; Spurs say this was effectively the proceeds of selling Gareth Bale to Real Madrid which was then reinvested in new players. Spurs’ TV income was up £32m, they held the wage increase to only £4m, and put £35m in the bank. Such riches rather undermine Spurs’ plea they could not afford£16m agreed for public infrastructure works, which Haringey council waived.'

Re the £16m, they've already acknowledged the Bale money being key to the profit figure, and conveniently ignore the money the club has put into the local community, just so they can have a pop at us.

I doubt we'll show much of a profit at all for the accounts 2014/15 as the amortisation for the players we bought out of the 'Bale money', continues to kick in.

Last edited:
There's a lot of lazy journalism in that article. Woolwich get a complete breakdown of income but a couple of clubs later everything is conveniently bundled 'commercial activities'. Tends to suggest either they don't know all facts and so are guessing or are reluctant to disclose the exact nature of commercial capital, Etihad 'sponsorship' for instance.
:chadliwtf:

There's a lot of lazy journalism in that article. Woolwich get a complete breakdown of income but a couple of clubs later everything is conveniently bundled 'commercial activities'. Tends to suggest either they don't know all facts and so are guessing or are reluctant to disclose the exact nature of commercial capital, Etihad 'sponsorship' for instance.
:chadliwtf:
Yep Dixie, lots of stuff not to like in the article. It acknowledges West Ham's 'stroke of fortune', but could have chosen far stronger words to describe the hundreds of millions of pounds effectively gifted to West Ham. Instead they prefer to go after us for £16m we didn't have to pay, it's not as if Haringey actually gave us £16m

But it is a useful article as well, as it neatly shows all the 'headline accounting figures' for that Prem year, though weak on some of the details.

Yep Dixie, lots of stuff not to like in the article. It acknowledges West Ham's 'stroke of fortune', but could have chosen far stronger words to describe the hundreds of millions of pounds effectively gifted to West Ham. Instead they prefer to go after us for £16m we didn't have to pay, it's not as if Haringey actually gave us £16m

But it is a useful article as well, as it neatly shows all the 'headline accounting figures' for that Prem year, though weak on some of the details.
According to Wiki a Man City supporter. Hmmm...

According to Wiki a Man City supporter. Hmmm...
He is an ex lawyer turned jorno and is one of the best jorno's in the business. He is also one of Citeh's biggest critic's as well as a fan. His book Richer Than God is well worth a read.

A lot of what he writes focusses on the "social impact" of football even more so now the game is awash with money. He has written a couple of times already about our new stadium and the impact on the local business in Tottenham, so I'd expect a few more over the next couple of years.

Basically he is an investigative jorno, one that actually gets off his arse, and looks at the murky world of football finance.

Well that's the news all us fans have been waiting for. Can't express how proud i am to support the most profitable team in the league....suck on that Goons. You have take ur FA cup final and shove it up ur Woolwich! #winning

P.s. The above paragraph is a work of fiction and in no way represents my true opinion or excitement levels regarding our profitability

So. We won the profit margin trophy after all then. Is there room in our trophy cabinet to put it.? Maybe we can have an open top bus parade or something

DVD of Daniel squinting at Excel.

levy2.gif

Personally I think the record breaking profit has come at a good time what with the finances needed for what will be the most expensive club football ground in the UK.

However I do want to see a successful transfer window, in both outgoings and incomings.

They don't need to be top dollar signings, so long as key area's are addressed and it doesn't look like we are fobbing off the manager with wank players he doesn't want / need.

No surprise there then, the club was always beefing up its balance sheets in order to finance the new stadium. Just like when the debt figures were released a short while back and people similarly raged against the audacity of us not carrying tens of millions in debt.

Relax people. Very little to see here.

Majority of Football league clubs working on the theory of Jam today are leading to the poor house, if our stadium gets done I figure our wealth will be depending on who runs the purse strings, so let's accept Levy & co are running a steady ship Coys

Back
Top Bottom