'Highest ever profit by English Club' - Guardian on us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you have a link to something which publically discloses that? The only info I can find is the declaration that he and his family are "potential beneficiaries of a discretionary trust which ultimately owns 29.4% of the share capital of ENIC International Limited", which is as clear as mud regarding what the discretion involved actually is.

That restriction makes a great deal of sense, and explains both his pay as a director, and his approach to the club.

I read it on a club statement somewhere - might have been the last accounts or comment on the stadium.

That wasn't my question although I can't see anything else... The question was was bar Spurs does enic do?
It depends on what you mean by "ENIC." There's ENIC International, and also the broader ENIC Group above that. ENIC International is basically the vehicle which controls Spurs. ENIC Group is something more expansive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIC_Group (an overview).

Then, if you want to chase matters further down the rabbit hole, on Joe Lewis' part, his ENIC holdings are a part of the Tavistock Group which he controls.

Also another thing, isn't Joe Lewis more "asset-rich" than anything. £1billion art collection, holdings groups, investment companies, hospitals and gold courses. Doesn't strike me as a man that has a billion cash on the hip to chuck at a football club he owns 70% of 85% of.
Even if he did, it would have to go through tavistock, to enic. Its no where near as easy as people make out.

Also another thing, isn't Joe Lewis more "asset-rich" than anything. £1billion art collection, holdings groups, investment companies, hospitals and gold courses. Doesn't strike me as a man that has a billion cash on the hip to chuck at a football club he owns 70% of 85% of.
Even if he did, it would have to go through tavistock, to enic. Its no where near as easy as people make out.
I'm pretty sure enough of Tavistock Group is paying dividends and the like that Joe is not hurting for cash on hand when he needs it.

You really have chosen the wrong team mate. What attracted you to Spurs in the first place?
" The Spurs Way "
A legacy of swashbuckling troopaudours .
In the vigor and zeal of Bill Nick , Arthur Rowe , Keith Burkinshaw , El Tel .
2 heroes of Argentina , a flawed Geordie genius, Nice one Cyrill , Jimmy Neighbour,
Alfie Conn , meat hook , ". To do is to dare" not empty words .
Never excepting 2nd best even if we failed.
A father that carried his loving son on his shoulders and stood proud together in the Paxton .
A feeling built on "the game is about glory"
Seeing the North Bank filled with Llillywhites .
Gazza fee kick , Rickys wonder winning goal , Parks save , etc etc etc.

Since you ask .

" The Spurs Way "
2 heroes of Argentina , a flawed Geordie genius, Nice one Cyrill , Jimmy Neighbour,
A father that carried his loving son on his shoulders and stood proud together in the Paxton .

Since you ask .
As the great man himself once said

"Being second best isn't good enough for Tottenham Hotspur. We have to be the best. The best in the land"

" The Spurs Way "

Since you ask .
so nothing in the last 20 years then ?

newsflash for "the game is about glory" crew

There's over a hundred other clubs who want to win too we aren't special at all

Tottenham Hotspur like every other club is like Triggers broom, the players, manager, soon stadium will all change, yet its still his broom, the only thing stays same is the fans over a long period of time, so we have no divine right at all. Blackburn have been more successful than us in terms of trophies in last 20 years, I wonder if they think they should be 4th too?

newsflash for "the game is about glory" crew

There's over a hundred other clubs who want to win too we aren't special at all

Tottenham Hotspur like every other club is like Triggers broom, the players, manager, soon stadium will all change, yet its still his broom, the only thing stays same is the fans over a long period of time, so we have no divine right at all. Blackburn have been more successful than us in terms of trophies in last 20 years, I wonder if they think they should be 4th too?
Nah.. your wrong there mate. Tottenham Hotspur is not the same as 100 other clubs. And our expectations should be higher. We are fucking Spurs mate. We're a class apart. We should always be aiming for the stars. Better to fail aiming high, than succeed aiming low. As I said, We're fucking Spurs, and we should never be happy to accept being also rans

Nah.. your wrong there mate. Tottenham Hotspur is not the same as 100 other clubs. And our expectations should be higher. We are fucking Spurs mate. We're a class apart. We should always be aiming for the stars. Better to fail aiming high, than succeed aiming low. As I said, We're fucking Spurs, and we should never be happy to accept being also rans

I agree and no other club will accept being also rans either, they all want to be aiming for the stars too, like Bournmouth have inspired themselves to do.

Good thing for us we are better than most of the other teams in the country, sadly for us there are 5 with more supporters and more money than us too, so will be tough to break into that group who also consider themselves to be a class apart

Back
Top Bottom