Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

therefore entitled to very little credibility when telling every other fan that their opinions are wrong.

The thing is I do not tell every other fan they are wrong.

I simply back my opinions strongly and dont tend to waver because a few people chase me around the forum with a hard on.

You cant handle that you are a sheep, who obeys a manager like a robot on the basis they have more experience. You are a yes man, with no respect for your own view.

"Oi, you....Im cutting your wages in half"
"Why"
"Cos I have more experience than you"
"Ok"

:memeokay:

Last edited:
The thing is I do not tell every other fan they are wrong.

I simply back my opinions strongly and dont tend to waver because a few people chase me around the forum with a hard on.

You cant handle that you are a sheep, who obeys a manager like a robot on the basis they have more experience. You are a yes man, with no respect for your own view.

"Oi, you....Im cutting your wages in half"
"Why"
"Cos I have more experience than you"
"Ok"

:memeokay:
As if forcefully touting your own opinions about a football team on the Internet without wavering is some kind of virtue that should be respected. Yes, you are very rude and close-minded when it comes to the opinions of others. Therefore you are obviously a very impressive and powerful man with no tolerance for weakness. A model of strength, conviction, and integrity.

What a vivid imagination you have, Internet Guy.

As if forcefully touting your own opinions about a football team on the Internet without wavering is some kind of virtue that should be respected.

Nope. Thats your projection. I dont crave your respect

Yes, you are very rude and close-minded when it comes to the opinions of others. Therefore you are obviously a very impressive and powerful man with no tolerance for weakness. A model of strength, conviction, and integrity.

You only know my views on Spurs.

What a vivid imagination you have, Internet Guy.

Another preacher man toss pot who cant see himself in his own posts

images

Sammy, no one cares.

An opinion can't be right and can't be wrong. Fuck off blowing your own horn 24/7. You've been on a melt down for weeks now, give it a rest.

Out of the 9 posts on this page, 5 are from you.
You've posted 57 times in this thread alone.
It takes 1 post to state your opinion. Maybe a reply every so often. But 57 fucking times?
You have issues.

Anyone who has ever glanced at this forum in the past 3-4 months knows what you think. We all get it, we just don't agree. Change the record.

Last edited:
We have sometimes played decent football showing the system and ethos Poch wants to play, not that often really though. We've been flat and toothless in lots of games, effects of his fitness and attacking philosophies have not been apparent in these matches. So he needs time, he needs 'his' players etc. All very well and we have no choice now, we have to stick with him but, for all the clamour that he's an amazing coach, why then can he not get the best out of more players in our squad or, get them to adapt to his system or sometimes adapt things for them? Just not seeing any of that to be honest.

He's put Mason in who I'm still not convinced of for first XI week-in-week-out. Bentaleb and Kane were played by previous managers and have maybe come of age, he's played them allowing them to develop further - a natural upward-curve of maturity and experience can bring improvement anyway.

In other words, it could be like the analogy somebody used about Harry having an instant effect because we were underachieving and Tim the same at Villa, some of our young players are coming of age so Poch has presided over them improving. If he gets credit for playing them so they can improve then fair enough but, maybe some is just by default because he doesn't fancy Kaboul, Ade, Capoue, Soldado, Dembele etc?

Defensively we are even more poor than usual - regression.

We'll finish with less points than previous years - regression.

We could finish 5th which would be progress, most likely 6th which is parity but 7th isn't beyond us yet.

We still have significant changes to make to the squad now Poch has decided there are several who he wants and who he doesn't (who he can manage and who he can't maybe??) - further transition.

We haven't sacked Poch for not finishing top 4 - progress.

Another season of transition to come with a changing squad, this will no doubt be the main excuse for short-comings next year and then we can start judging properly in season 3, is that fair???

I really wanted to back Poch, but the inconsistency is startling. We've had massive problems breaking down lesser teams at home, and its been a problem for years that has yet to be fixed. When that changes, we can finish higher. We dropped waaaayyyy too many points we shouldn't have this season. So its great to see the performances at home against Woolwich, Chelsea and even City a couple days ago. But until Poch can get that intensity for the Crystal Palace's, Hull's and Aston Villa's we're gonna stay where we re because that s where we deserve to be. Let's see if he can get that next year. If he can't is there any evidence he ever will? And at that point what do we do?

It's his first season you impatient tarts.

So what, it's Koeman's first season and they've immediately progressed post-Poch with plenty of new players.

It's LVG's first season and ditto.

Smaller club, bigger club. New managers, new players, positive effects and league progress within a season.

Nobody has said sack Poch or that he isn't up to it but saying we don't know if he is or he will be yet is perfectly fair. We must give him time regardless and all hope he is the real deal.

So what, it's Koeman's first season and they've immediately progressed post-Poch with plenty of new players.

It's LVG's first season and ditto.

Smaller club, bigger club. New managers, new players, positive effects and league progress within a season.

Nobody has said sack Poch or that he isn't up to it but saying we don't know if he is or he will be yet is perfectly fair. We must give him time regardless and all hope he is the real deal.
And yet, we're still above Koeman's impressive first season. We gonna credit Poch for that or nah?

Funny that 99% of it is from people who claim this place is better off without me

:dwi:

Trust me, this place would be better off without you. You've been quoted 53 times because:

A) You had insightful and interesting opinions people wanted to respond to;
or
B) You're a dick who has quoted other people about the same number of times and they have all responded to the alerts by telling you to fuck off.

You actually think it's A?

Right. It's not you that's the problem, you're just a victim. You are deluded beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom