Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want us out of the Europa League, not Europe. It's a shitty competition created to stroke the elite's egos, create money and with not an ounce of footballing knowledge. Why else would they allow CL teams to just pop in half way through despite failing?

Fuck the Europa League and the mentally challenged horse it rode in on.

"England finished second in Uefa's Fair Play table, earning an extra spot in the first qualifying round.

That place will be awarded to the team that finishes top of the Premier League's fair play rankings.

Liverpool lead the rankings with West Ham, Everton and Burnley in second, third and fifth."

Ahahahahaha. Would love Liverpool to get the curse of Europa. Makes it easier for us next year to get top 4.

"England finished second in Uefa's Fair Play table, earning an extra spot in the first qualifying round.

That place will be awarded to the team that finishes top of the Premier League's fair play rankings.

Liverpool lead the rankings with West Ham, Everton and Burnley in second, third and fifth."

Ahahahahaha. Would love Liverpool to get the curse of Europa. Makes it easier for us next year to get top 4.
They're getting it anyway.

All in full strength or all out with kids for me....that would be interesting.

Cant stand this half arsed appraoch we do

Agreed. With the hope of strengthening our eleven in the summer. It's still a great competition for the youngsters to play and look to impress as well as the hungrier squad players to try and stake a place in the first team.

The prize for winning the competition is too big to just half arse it, like you say.

Our best chance of the CL is winning the EL. I will rate us with maybe a 1-5% chance of finishing in the top 4. There is only 1 spot technically for us to fight. Chelsea, Man City and Woolwich will get 1. It's only a matter of time before LvG gets it right with Man Utd.

This thread is an example of throwing a grenade into a crowd and then looking away from the damage caused. At 29 pages, I'm wondering if it's worthy going back and reading the thread now, or whether it's just a sammyspurs style argument thread?

And what would that be?
6 or 7 people quoting me 70 odd times, me responding and then getting accused of posting too much?

Yeah, that sounds about right
So it's everyone else's fault?

The last time you were in the sin bin the match day thread was nice and peaceful. But you're saying that the constant multi-page arguments that happen in all the Spurs thread are the fault if everyone else, not you? You're the only constant element mate. So why does this only happen in the threads you start posting in a lot?

The last time you were in the sin bin the match day thread was nice and peaceful. But you're saying that the constant multi-page arguments that happen in all the Spurs thread are the fault if everyone else, not you? You're the only constant element mate. So why does this only happen in the threads you start posting in a lot?
I think Sammy has made some valid points in this thread.

Mainly by suggesting that questioning the manager doesn't mean you want him sacked, which people still can't seem to get their heads around.

Mainly by suggesting that questioning the manager doesn't mean you want him sacked, which people still can't seem to get their heads around.
I don't think thats it though. People can get their heads around it. None of us are saying that he's without fault at all. We all accept he's not perfect. I haven't seen a single soul say he's without fault. But Sammy has such a ridiculous way or turning everything into an argument without really picking a side. So even when he's saying he thinks poch should stay, it also sounds like he's saying "against my better judgement"
So that, if it goes right, he can come back and say "Well i was right i said we should keep him, he's working on his faults"
and if it goes wrong he can say "well i was right i said he had these problems and now he has to go"
and when everyone says "sammy you wanted him gone all along" he can say "well no, because i said i wanted him to stay, look"

And then he thinks he's brilliant and clever and right all the time. But really, he's hedging his bets. If you have every opinion, you are pretty much always going to be right.

I'm not questioning his opinion. I'm questioning why he needs hundreds of posts, littered with insults, to make it instead of just two or three?

Im not interested

And then he says he isn't interested, despite posting constantly through the whole thread. Calling people out, asking people questions. But he's not interested. Quoting everyone, starting straw man arguments. But he's not interested. Posted 15'000 times on the forum, but isn't interested. Forces his opinion down everyones throat, repeatedly, over 29 pages, despite not having anything new to add since page 4... but he's not interested.

Obviously its because everyone keeps quoting him though. Ignoring the fact... everyone is quoting him to get him to support his flaky, little bit of everything opinions.

My but you like insulting people on here rather than debate!

"Clueless"

"Buffoon"

Or were you referring to Poch?

:pochfacepalm:

Whatever I still think he's a clown and, despite me asking exactly what he's achieved as a manager, no takers!

As for Moyes he wouldn't be my 1st choice but he did ok at Everton even qualifying for the CL!

As for him not doing well at ManUre well would anyone have done better following Fergie?

If he had been backed to the tune of £165 million like LVG has then he might have had a chance!

There I've made a few points without name calling etc
Easy really!

:smesh:

Back to Poch though remember this thread towards the end of November next season when we're languishing half way in the prem!

But let's give him a chance eh!

My point about Levy is that he takes easy options, Poch, or takes a risk with damaged goods, AVB!

Tim wasn't my favourite but he had something about him unlike this clown!

:pochsmirk:

And then turns to Petty childish insults.
Can you imagine if a 40 year old man walked up to a 23 year old in real life and said "you talk like a 40 year old slut from Essex"

Back
Top Bottom