Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good signing if this happens. Understand why people are underwhelmed but fairly sure the reason has nothing to do with them knowing anything about the player.

Agreed.... Just the small issue of finding said multitalented player that is top 4 quality, happy with less than 75k a week and is willing to play for a team not in the CL.

EDIT: Oh and i forgot - Whose club are willing to take 25% less than their valuation for them.

Easy Peasey Daniel Levy.

:pochsulk::levyeyes:

At least it's only the 17th of June :pochlol:

It's been amended, I was about to do it but case must have stepped in. Now Kieren Trippier instead of kieren trippier, you happy now amigo?

:kaneear:
WHATS WRONG WITH BIG FONTS ?
N3c2JpB.gif

No Premier League player misplaced more passes last season than Kieran Trippier (625). Graziano Pellè next on 423.

I wouldn't read too much into that. If you watch how Burnley played last season it was more or less the defense passing to Trippier and Trippier playing a long ball up front to Ings who would knock it down. No surprise that he has a high number of missplaced passes considering that.

As pointed out above, his average pass distance is 25 metres, 27 yards. Mostly long balls that didn't find their target.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into that. If you watch how Burnley played last season it was more or less the defense passing to Trippier and Trippier playing a long ball up front to Ings who would knock it down. No surprise that he has a high number of missplaced passes considering that.

As pointed out above, his average pass distance is 25 metres, 27 yards. Mostly long balls that didn't find their target.
Based on his crossing statistics, I'd think several of his misplaced passes are crosses defended by the opposition team. Nothing wrong with losing the ball if you in the opposition half and are trying to create a goalscoring chance.

Unless you are Barcelona of the tiki taka era, nobody would get good passing accuracy when attacking and creating goalscoring opportunities. I am sick and tired of watching Walker running all the way up field, delaying the cross till he is blocked and finally passing it to a central midfielder.

I can't prove this but I would say Walker maybe has put in 10 decent crosses in the last 3 years. If Trippier's crossing is decent, he adds another incredible dimension to the team and with Rose that is another piece in the puzzle that Poch is trying to solve, with the full backs attacking wide making the inverted wingers run into the box and having several attacking options.

Based on his crossing statistics, I'd think several of his misplaced passes are crosses defended by the opposition team. Nothing wrong with losing the ball if you in the opposition half and are trying to create a goalscoring chance.

Unless you are Barcelona of the tiki taka era, nobody would get good passing accuracy when attacking and creating goalscoring opportunities. I am sick and tired of watching Walker running all the way up field, delaying the cross till he is blocked and finally passing it to a central midfielder.

I can't prove this but I would say Walker maybe has put in 10 decent crosses in the last 3 years. If Trippier's crossing is decent, he adds another incredible dimension to the team and with Rose that is another piece in the puzzle that Poch is trying to solve, with the full backs attacking wide making the inverted wingers run into the box and having several attacking options.

Really ? :avblol:

I'm all delirious watching Spurs carefully engineer some passing to finally isolate a striker, winger, fullback or attacking midfielder one-on-one against opposition defender, only for the Spurs player to make a Cruyff turn and play the ball backwards. Delirious. :avbwtf::avbwtf::avbwtf:

Last edited:
Makes sense. Trippier has an insane number of chances created/assists and a high number of misplaced passes. So obviously lots of long balls/crosses which was Burnleys style.

With us I would imagine it would be few long balls but lots of crosses from Trippier. With Kane up front that's gold dust as he is very good in the air and we kind of need a good crosser in the team who is not Eric Dier.

This signing seems very good in terms of pressuring Walker and offering us a new dimension. Although another attacking full back like Rose would mean we should hopefully get a good DM to cover and keep the balance of the team ok.

Makes sense. Trippier has an insane number of chances created/assists and a high number of misplaced passes. So obviously lots of long balls/crosses which was Burnleys style.

With us I would imagine it would be few long balls but lots of crosses from Trippier. With Kane up front that's gold dust as he is very good in the air and we kind of need a good crosser in the team who is not Eric Dier.

This signing seems very good in terms of pressuring Walker and offering us a new dimension. Although another attacking full back like Rose would mean we should hopefully get a good DM to cover and keep the balance of the team ok.
Exactly this. It's a great example of a transfer where the value isn't just in the player brought in, but the service he'll provide to those around him (and that's without touching upon the 'Davies effect' he may very well have on Walker).

Finally. Finally we may be thinking carefully about a signing in terms of how he'll fit within our system rather than 'well he played well for someone else'.
I pray Liverpool and United continue to do the latter.

Exactly this. It's a great example of a transfer where the value isn't just in the player brought in, but the service he'll provide to those around him (and that's without touching upon the 'Davies effect' he may very well have on Walker).

Finally. Finally we may be thinking carefully about a signing in terms of how he'll fit within our system rather than 'well he played well for someone else'.
Well in Quiverpool's case if you play well against them, Rodgers will look to 'snap' you up ie Bogdan, Benteke interest even though he doesn't fit their style!

Interesting because you could argue he isn't good for us either, as here we have a defender who made more mistakes than walker last season and had made less tackles. Now if we had a stable back 4 then brilliant!

But last season we conceded more goals than any team bar Newcastle, Leicester, Aston Villa and QPR. We finished 5th yet conceded the same amount of goals as Burnley and more goals than Hull.

As for Davies effect, its been overrated. Rose was the player of the season at sunderland and Neville highlighted him as a good defender on MNF that season. Yet the overreaction to his poor performances in a period where the whole team was terrible under Sherwood, made out as if he was terrible, people forget he played well under AVB at the start of the season before getting injured.

When you consider we are signing a defender for less than half Falcao's loan fee at United last season who will also score more goals than him, you can see why Levy's all over this.

Back
Top Bottom