Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bought the DVD today, just added it to my normal, weekly Sainsbury's shop, will watch it in a little while, when I've finished on here :)
Snap-only I asked the missus to add it to her weekly Sainsburys shop while I was finishing off a few odd jobs!! I'm going to give it a watch later on. Really looking forward to it after reading some of the comments on here

Snap-only I asked the missus to add it to her weekly Sainsburys shop while I was finishing off a few odd jobs!! I'm going to give it a watch later on. Really looking forward to it after reading some of the comments on here
Not only did I go to church, downloaded my 200 or so Take That photos and did my shopping before 2pm, I helped my BF pick out tiles for his bathroom and did most of the painting of my garden shed. Think I've earned a sit down today :). Enjoy the dvd

Not only did I go to church, downloaded my 200 or so Take That photos and did my shopping before 2pm, I helped my BF pick out tiles for his bathroom and did most of the painting of my garden shed. Think I've earned a sit down today :). Enjoy the dvd
Jeez Mrs P. You only need to wash the car for a full house.
Likewise. Enjoy the movie. :coys:

Throughly enjoyed the DVD. Highly recommended. He was a genius on the pitch. His goal scoring rate for a midfielder was exceptional & his ability incredible. Brought back some wonderful memories of bygone times. I remember being away in Ireland during Italy 90 with my dad when we played Belgium. We'd given up fishing for the day & found a pub to watch the game. The old man would never miss an opportunity to watch Gazza & boast to everyone that we had the best English player since...Jimmy Greaves! We had an absolute mad night with the Irish fans that night.
On another note, I'd never realised just how badly affected he was by the hacking scandal. My loathing for the press has increased ten fold in the course of watching how they destroyed him at every opportunity. And no doubt will continue to do. Cunts.

Makes my Sunday of 2 wanks and a sausage roll look slightly less productive now.

Way to put a downer on my day.

I still remember watching his free kick in 91 and then falling/being propelled down several rows of seating at Wembley (blatant I was there!!) ...the thing that stood out for me was that split second of stunned silence in the Spurs end to allow us to fully absorb what he'd just done... FOLLOWED BY ABSOLUTE BEDLAM for about 5 minutes...
and just as it died down a little, The Boy Line-Acre had put us 2-0 up...
Cue more bedlam that even took into account them scoring before HT... didn't seem to matter at the time, the one and only Spurs match where I just felt we'd win!!
My first and still favourite game. Also Alan Smith scoring taught me at the tender age of 7 that Woolwich are cunts. Win win.

I watched this yesterday. The bloke was a fucking genius. What skill. Probably the best midfielder (skill wise) this country has ever produced.

However, the film/documentary left me rather sad. He should have achieved sooooooo much more with his career.

Last edited:
Just watched it. I cried throughout. Truly fantastic player.

Loved the dvd. I met him at White Hart Lane couple of seasons ago and despite all the love in the room for him he looked a real mess. In this dvd he's looking a lot better. I always resigned myself that his life would spiral away from him but in this DVD and the interviews I ve heard on the radio there's hope he's getting his life back on track. That would be his greatest victory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom