Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertoghen, Wimmer, Alderweireld, Dier and Fazio.

From memory we have never had a better centre half group than this. Maybe back to King, Dawson, Naybet (I can't even remember if he was good for us)

But that's what Dier is. A centre half. Not a centre midfielder, and through no fault of his own he's clearly going to be used there given the amount of minutes he's had pre season

I really didn't think he was that bad. Besides his bad challenge and the first goal, I'll still say that was more on rose, he was fine distributing.

I think people are harping on him because we need a CM and because he doesn't look smooth out there.

Gotta say, Bentaleb has been one of our worst players this preseason. Just relax and give the lad a chance.

Vertoghen, Wimmer, Alderweireld, Dier and Fazio.

From memory we have never had a better centre half group than this. Maybe back to King, Dawson, Naybet (I can't even remember if he was good for us)

For the five minutes when King and Woodgate were both healthy we really had something.

But yeah, CB is definitely the strength of the squad.

IMO the first goal was not really Diers fault. The TV pundits (live and the halftime talking heads) blamed Rose but I think it was Eriksens fault.

He did the most girly attempt of a closedown/block. I claim he Ole's players past him. This one was an "I'm free!" Are you bring served maneuver.

So ultimately it's pochs fault. Walker shepherded him away from the wing, and Eriksen had bags of time to close down and he was lazy.

Eriksen should have a free role behind Kane and have NOTHING TO DO WITH TRACKING BACK. He's terrible at it.

Thought he had a good game. Good to see he is looking less like a lost boy like he did last season. Probably not the answer for DM but he is a great utility player

IMO the first goal was not really Diers fault. The TV pundits (live and the halftime talking heads) blamed Rose but I think it was Eriksens fault.

He did the most girly attempt of a closedown/block. I claim he Ole's players past him. This one was an "I'm free!" Are you bring served maneuver.

So ultimately it's pochs fault. Walker shepherded him away from the wing, and Eriksen had bags of time to close down and he was lazy.

Eriksen should have a free role behind Kane and have NOTHING TO DO WITH TRACKING BACK. He's terrible at it.
Why have you come back? Prick. didn't you get the message before? Rose didn't even fucking play. Fuck off.

On the eye he doesn't look the part but he really did his job well. He's technically sound and he's a great presence in the CM and on set pieces. Love the bit of nastiness he shows as well.

He looked a lot better yesterday than he did in preseason.

ZDHXI1W.gif

Where did you come from Eric?

Random but I've an idea for a chant. Been desperately trying to fit a name into this and Dier's seems to work best.

'What's that coming over the hill? Is it Chimbonda? No it's Di-er'
Etc.

Was always one of my favourite songs when I was much younger, just an idea anyway.

Back
Top Bottom