Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't - this is where we differ. We have to tighten our belts now, and we will have to tighten our belts further when it is built because the extra revenue generated will be used to pay for it. Fair enough, but don't expect a financial epiphany anytime soon. There are £50 notes falling from the football skies at the moment, but for some reason we will never benefit from it. That moment when we are able to ramp up our intent with some serious cash spending will never come. We're putting all that money into Enic's pockets. Surely this is obvious by now? How many excuses are you prepared to swallow - tomorrow will never come with these Enic people - at least not for us.

My thoughts entirely. How much true investment has there really been? while ENIC balance the books the net value of the club has risen exponentially, and will receive another boost after the new stadium is here. When they eventually sell they'll walk away with a very tidy profit on what they originally paid.

This place used to be fun but these days its full of boring cunts debating pointless shit. We're tottenham fans, not enic fans. Im yet to understand the merit in any argument that presumes the people in charge of the club, don't want us to win every game. Every single point of view that is anything close to suggesting Levy doesnt want us to win as many games as possible should result in that person being banned from the internet for a good few months to think about what they're doing with their lives.

But if people feel strongly about something that they feel affects the club as a footballing experience then surely they are entitled to air their views. U can always skip posts that get your goat. It's a forum , full of insight, shit , frustration, joy & silliness. That's what forums are all about. It's not worth getting wound up about really.

But if people feel strongly about something that they feel affects the club as a footballing experience then surely they are entitled to air their views. U can always skip posts that get your goat. It's a forum , full of insight, shit , frustration, joy & silliness. That's what forums are all about. It's not worth getting wound up about really.
No i get that, but what i don't get, is the insane paranoia and conspiracy theories. Every time we lose a game its Enics fault for some reason, like everyone at the club just doesnt want to win every game.
It make absolutely no sense really. All this talk about ENIC in it for the money. Well, yeah they are really, because if they were to invest and then lose money, they'd have done an awful and pointless job. Give me an owner trying to balance the books any day. Its had us playing in europe consistently for how long now?

The fact is, every team loses games. Its unavoidable, its sport. What is the point in jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers at the people that would benefit most from us winning? People going on about "We're starting the season with signings still to be made, Enic fuck us over again". I mean, you don't have to have many braincells to see thats a bollocks opinion to have.

Basically, i think theres just too many cunts that think real life works exactly like a playstation game.

No i get that, but what i don't get, is the insane paranoia and conspiracy theories. Every time we lose a game its Enics fault for some reason, like everyone at the club just doesnt want to win every game.
It make absolutely no sense really. All this talk about ENIC in it for the money. Well, yeah they are really, because if they were to invest and then lose money, they'd have done an awful and pointless job. Give me an owner trying to balance the books any day. Its had us playing in europe consistently for how long now?

The fact is, every team loses games. Its unavoidable, its sport. What is the point in jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers at the people that would benefit most from us winning? People going on about "We're starting the season with signings still to be made, Enic fuck us over again". I mean, you don't have to have many braincells to see thats a bollocks opinion to have.

Basically, i think theres just too many cunts that think real life works exactly like a playstation game.
It's not a conspiracy theory - that's just daft. Some think Enic/Levy make life more difficult for the manager and team with their parsimony, that's all - but you're right - it is boring.

I have no interest in defending the owners. Theres enough things they've fucked up on that you shouldn't have to make up shit to throw at them.
But they haven't took money out of the club. Every time someone mentions unchallenged the idea gets reinforced. That was the only reason I commented.
I couldn't care less about you angrily circling around the around an internet forum spouting abuse at all that comes in front of you so I'll leave the rest of your points there.
I think we could be pals as long as enic/Levy is off the topic of conversation...

Here's a gif of a dog having fun to cheer everyone up.

Don't mention it.

giphy.gif

It's not a conspiracy theory - that's just daft. Some think Enic/Levy make life more difficult for the manager and team with their parsimony, that's all - but you're right - it is boring.
I dont understand why people don't just wanna watch and enjoy a bit of football anymore. Now we have to have mass debates and fucking youtube channels and all this bullshit.

I dont understand why people don't just wanna watch and enjoy a bit of football anymore. Now we have to have mass debates and fucking youtube channels and all this bullshit.
I know. I have an opinion on this as you've probably noticed, but thinking back it is ridiculous going on about chairmen and the like. I think it's the silly amount of money in the game that causes it - we all want Tottenham to have their share of the big fat pie - and when we think we're not getting it we look at who's holding the purse strings.

I'm so disgusted with myself at the amount of cliches in that post, I'm going to take myself out to be shot.

Fucking ENIC and their stupid fucking transfer policy. They are destroying the team completely. There is no passion in the team. No excitement among the supporters. One major signing will lift the entire club and they are doing nothing. The morale of the club support has never been this bad in the last 17 years I have supported Spurs. Even if the club was not doing well on the field, there was always something to make the fans excited. The match days were fun and now I can sense it is just a "going through the emotions" feel in the fans. The club has not prepared for the season and it is telling.

And despite liking Poch for his youth policy, I fear this team is going in a very bad direction. Whether that is due to the transfers not backing him I am not sure. More than the individual players, what is important is to have an identity as a team. A particular style that is drilled into the players so that they can play to their strengths. There is absolutely no identity about the team. Slow passing, Kane stranded alone with no support, no pace, etc. Kane is arguably one of the best strikers in the league and how many times did he get the ball in the attacking third so far this season? Absolutely nobody is able to get him involved on a consistent basis.

I think Poch will be sacked in a few months for not getting the results. Why do we even pretend that we are going to challenge for the top 4 spot? The board can have some self respect and just come out and say that they are not interested in the football results as they just want to make money from all the real estate business that they are doing with Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom