Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to high school with a bunch of Koreans.

Step one in understanding Korean. "Shiba" roughly translates to shit or fuck. "Shiba loma" is some strange combination of exacerbated shit/fuck and also aggressively "fuck you" and/or "piece of shit." They use it frequently.

Culturally, Koreans are also extremely deferential to seniority. It is a major, major part of why Kim Jong Un has been so extremely ruthless after coming to power in North Korea. After coming to power as a late-20's something, he has had to forcefully surpass generations of Korean culture and purge any and all regime officials that could possibly be seen as elder transitional figures of the previous regime. Culturally, Son will probably be slavishly devoted to impressing Pochettino and conforming to his instructions. Honestly, it became a big problem in high school. The senior Koreans were fucking terrorizing the freshman and sophomore students, and because they were so insular and kept to themselves with their own language nobody realized what was going on until one of the freshmen had a nervous breakdown and was literally scared for his life to come out of the infirmary for the better part of a week. We had to kick a few of them out to disband their "Korean Mafia" as we called it.

Last edited:

Step one in understanding Korean. "Shiba" roughly translates to shit or fuck. "Shiba loma" is some strange combination of exacerbated shit/fuck and also aggressively "fuck you" and/or "piece of shit." They use it frequently.

Culturally, Koreans are also extremely deferential to seniority. It is a major, major part of why Kim Jong Un has been so extremely ruthless after coming to power in North Korea. After coming to power as a late-20's something, he has had to forcefully surpass generations of Korean culture and purge any and all regime officials that could be seen as elder transitional figures of the previous regime. Culturally, Son will probably be slavishly devoted to impressing Pochettino and conforming to his instructions. Honestly, it became a big problem in high school. The senior Koreans were fucking terrorizing the freshman and sophomore students, and because they were so insular and kept to themselves with their own language nobody realized what was going on until one of the freshmen had a nervous breakdown and was literally scared for his life to come out of the infirmary for the better part of a week. We had to kick a few of them out to disband their "Korean Mafia" as we called it.

Can't deny a word - though, what Son is praised for in Korea is his non-Korean nature; many people are surprised and fascinated to his demanding of passing to him, always eager to score, sometimes seems selfish. This is a whole new character in Korean football, as sports players have the most strict hierarchy or just to say, mafia system in Korea. That's why Son is so loved here.

I wanted to say, get off my dick bitch, did I spell that right for you there? but I didnt Lol

by the way tremendous work there translating. maybe next time you should render such when you are getting paid lol

I dont need to be paidat all, I just want the club to hire me to manage the official Korean FB page - the current person in charge is totally not qualified!!!! :bentalebscream:

He might have seen us as a team full of young guys slowly getting to their prime with no prima donnas (minus the occasional Vert outburst of course) where those other clubs have a team full of big headed pricks.

I know my Son but have to admit I am learning about Spurrs playesr match by match, but if this is how is going to be I wouldnt be too shocked to see Son with 20 plus goals at the end of season.

The influx of Koreans to this forum has been a lot more entertaining than the influx of my fellow Americans was to this forum back when Dempsey joined.

Culturally, Koreans are also extremely deferential to seniority. It is a major, major part of why Kim Jong Un has been so extremely ruthless after coming to power in North Korea. After coming to power as a late-20's something, he has had to forcefully surpass generations of Korean culture and purge any and all regime officials that could possibly be seen as elder transitional figures of the previous regime. Culturally, Son will probably be slavishly devoted to impressing Pochettino and conforming to his instructions. Honestly, it became a big problem in high school. The senior Koreans were fucking terrorizing the freshman and sophomore students, and because they were so insular and kept to themselves with their own language nobody realized what was going on until one of the freshmen had a nervous breakdown and was literally scared for his life to come out of the infirmary for the better part of a week. We had to kick a few of them out to disband their "Korean Mafia" as we called it.

That sounds about right. I cant say you are making any up. You called it the Korean mafia thing or hierarchy by seniorty that has ruined Korean football since 2002. Korean football association and the group of incompetent morons run it have shitted all over and dragged Korean football down for the past decade, but now things are looking up a bit since Korea thank god hired and gave a German coach a run for the national squad. But I am sure the KFA mafia still back there though like a fucking cancer shiba lol

Meeting the other self of Son: the agent Thies Bliemeister

“He’s one in a million talent for S. Korea. Also he got this sense of language and sociability."

Son’s German agent, Thies Bliemeister(38) was very calm. He tried to keep his objectivity when praising Son, almost made it easy to forget that he’s Son’s agent. Bliemeister was always with Son from the player’s first year of career: Son was selected for ‘Studying Abroad Programme for Elite Football Youngsters’ to join Hamburg in 2008.

Ilgan Sports interviewed Bliemeister in London, who is referred as the other self of Son. This is his first time to have in-depth interview with S. Korean media. Calling himself ‘older Sonny’, he explained the reason that Son headed to Spurs, Son’s life back in Germany and how he’s adapting to the new life in England. He also had advices for Son, while being happy for the player’s consecutive scorings. “I knew that Son was always perfect for the PL. There’s nothing happier than playing the favorite type of football in the favorite league.” he said.

◇Heung-Min is my Son

-What was the reaction of Son’s family against his PL debut goal?

“They gone speechless, being too happy for the goal. It was like myself scoring that goal. Mauricio Pochettino must have this eye for players.”

-Have you imagined this when Son first played for Hamburg Youth?

“There was this vague expectation that he’ll be a big player. Otherwise I wouldn’t have brought him to Germany at the first stage. When I first saw him I instantly knew that he’s got something different; his personality and mental strength. His techniques were completed in Germany. Any player who first met him doesn’t need a long time to get along with him. Everyone likes him and this is a huge advantage. Plus, he’s working really hard, train much harder than average player. Those realized my expectations. There are some lucky players to play in the PL, but Heung-min brought himself this far only with his own ability."

-You must be very proud of him.

“Son is like my son. It’s been almost a decade since we got to know each other: I was staying with him in his first two years in Germany without his family. Someone has to take care of 16 years old boy who just arrived to a totally different place. I was with him everyday, everywhere; eating food, playing ping-pong etc. So I know almost everything about him. Like every daddy, I hope he’d be happy. I feel great that he can play his game now.”

-It might be harder to see him for you as he moved to London.

“Not at all. From Hamburg where I live, Leverkusen and Dusseldorf (where Son used to live) both takes an hour by car. To London also takes an hour by plane. I and Heung-min’s dad followed Leverkusen's every CL game last season and S. Korea’s matches held in Australia earlier this year. I’ll visit England every week to watch him play.

◇Now I can reveal the truth

There were rumors on the procedure of transfer from Leverkusen. As he moved to London after the new season started, some people doubted his relationships with the head coach or players.

-Is that true that he had uncomfortable relationship with the head coach?

“Roger Schmidt always included Son in his starting 11 week in week out, there’s no reason for bad relationship. Son just chose to play in England, where he always dreamed of."

-What about him skipping trainings without a word?

“(Laughs) I’m not a kidnapper. Would I leave for England with the player without the club’s approval? The club emailed me allowing his medical in London."

-Why Tottenham, why now?

“We were in contact with Spurs from 2 and half years ago. Pochettino was after him for the last 3 years and the club also wanted him. Heung-min, his dad and me all thought this is the right time to move to Tottenham. While dealing with transfer, there are those final negotiations going on forever; this was the case and had to wait for a long time to finalize the deal, which didn’t make the deal before the start of season. The deal wasn’t made all of sudden: it has been a long-term plan."

-Did the player’s will influence the transfer?

“Of course. The last decision was made by us three, the player, the dad and me, but Heung-min was the first person to brought out the issue. He said “Can I move to Tottenham? I trust Pochettino and I want to play with him. I want to play for Spurs.” I respected him. It’s not daddy’s decision either. Of course his father is an important person for me, since he understands football better than anyone. More than anything, we all are family, staying 7-8 years together. We know what is the best way for Son, so we always make decisions together. Tottenham is the best place for Son to start in the PL."

-There were rumors of him to move to Liverpool.

“They watched him for a long time and wanted him. Actually Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg also wanted him. But those two are German sides; he wanted to play in the PL."

-Then why not Liverpool?

“Pochettino was the biggest reason to choose Spurs. He’s the best manager for Son for now. He’s got great personality, and very talented to improve young players. He constantly communicates with players, cares and brings out their potentials. He will make great synergy with Son.

◇Hung-min is respected by team mates

-Is that the manager’s idea to play him in various positions?

“Poch is allowing various roles to Son; as seen in the match against Qarabaq, Son scored 2 goals as the role of no. 9. People think he’s a winger, especially a left winger; it’s wrong. He used to play as no. 9 in Hamburg. As he can use both feet freely, he can play at both wings, up front, everywhere. This kind of player need experiences in various positions. I regret that he didn’t have a chance to play as no. 9 in Leverkusen. Poch has this different eye to see a player. Haha."

-Son always said that CL is the best stage to play in. But Spurs plays in Europa League.

“It is true that Son thinks playing in the CL is important: but I want him to improve step by step. There are players who move from German clubs to English clubs that can compete in the CL. But there are so many examples that they had to come back to Germany right away. At his age, playing week in week out is the most important thing. Spurs is great that he can improve while playing. They may not be compete in the Cl, but Europa is enough for him for now."

-Do you think that the PL is the better league than Bundesliga?

“I think so. I’ve been watching the games of those two. The PL plays faster and stronger games. I won’t comment more, I’m a German myself!(Laughs)”

-The Atmosphere is good for now.

“This is a big challenge for Son. Everything’s new to him. Against Sunderland he seemed a bit nervous. But he seemed happy then - to play in the PL."

-Is he adapting well to the life in London?

“I had dinner with him and his family yesterday, everyone seemed happy. Recently he got his place to live with his parents, a house with beautiful garden. He seemed happier ever to find a Korean grocery nearby(Laughs). It’s important to be with his parents, since his father is an important advisor. Whatever other people think about it, I think his father is crucial to him, witnessing his improvement. But I once again make this clear: his father does not make the decisions."

-What kind of player will he be in Spurs?

“Tottenham is a very attractive side with very young players. Including Son, important players like Kane and Erikssen are all in their early 20s. It’s hard to find any other team in the PL like this. This trio will be a tremendous one, will be very exciting to watch. Have you seen when Son scored in the Europa and the league? Every Spurs player ran to him and celebrated the goal. Since being away for the national team games, Son only spent 1-2 weeks at Spurs. It’s hard to be like this, when you spent that little time with the new team. Is it because Heung-min’s sense of humor? No, it’s that the players are respecting him."
What a cracking interview. Goes against almost everything that the British media would have you believe about our transfer strategy. Think all the bitches should read this, maybe they might take a crumb of comfort that there is a strategy in place and we have targets that are chosen to fit the Managers style of play and above all else it is the Manager that is playing a crucial role in selection.

What a cracking interview. Goes against almost everything that the British media would have you believe about our transfer strategy. Think all the bitches should read this, maybe they might take a crumb of comfort that there is a strategy in place and we have targets that are chosen to fit the Managers style of play and above all else it is the Manager that is playing a crucial role in selection.

That bit impressed me too. We all dont really know much about our club, do we? What we hear is fraud ITKs and British media which usually disrespecting us. Happy to know that the club actually do some proper works and that Poch is respected by footballers.

In the small sub section of homo erotic foot ball chants I present

Hold me baby, drive me crazy
Touch me heung min son
Make me love you, kiss and hug you Touch me heung min son

To touch me by fonda rae

Brilliant interview! Son's agent sure sounds like a decent and sensible person.

And ....

He said “Can I move to Tottenham? I trust Pochettino and I want to play with him. I want to play for Spurs.”

It's great to hear that kind of stuff.

Meeting the other self of Son: the agent Thies Bliemeister

“He’s one in a million talent for S. Korea. Also he got this sense of language and sociability."

Son’s German agent, Thies Bliemeister(38) was very calm. He tried to keep his objectivity when praising Son, almost made it easy to forget that he’s Son’s agent. Bliemeister was always with Son from the player’s first year of career: Son was selected for ‘Studying Abroad Programme for Elite Football Youngsters’ to join Hamburg in 2008.

Ilgan Sports interviewed Bliemeister in London, who is referred as the other self of Son. This is his first time to have in-depth interview with S. Korean media. Calling himself ‘older Sonny’, he explained the reason that Son headed to Spurs, Son’s life back in Germany and how he’s adapting to the new life in England. He also had advices for Son, while being happy for the player’s consecutive scorings. “I knew that Son was always perfect for the PL. There’s nothing happier than playing the favorite type of football in the favorite league.” he said.

◇Heung-Min is my Son

-What was the reaction of Son’s family against his PL debut goal?

“They gone speechless, being too happy for the goal. It was like myself scoring that goal. Mauricio Pochettino must have this eye for players.”

-Have you imagined this when Son first played for Hamburg Youth?

“There was this vague expectation that he’ll be a big player. Otherwise I wouldn’t have brought him to Germany at the first stage. When I first saw him I instantly knew that he’s got something different; his personality and mental strength. His techniques were completed in Germany. Any player who first met him doesn’t need a long time to get along with him. Everyone likes him and this is a huge advantage. Plus, he’s working really hard, train much harder than average player. Those realized my expectations. There are some lucky players to play in the PL, but Heung-min brought himself this far only with his own ability."

-You must be very proud of him.

“Son is like my son. It’s been almost a decade since we got to know each other: I was staying with him in his first two years in Germany without his family. Someone has to take care of 16 years old boy who just arrived to a totally different place. I was with him everyday, everywhere; eating food, playing ping-pong etc. So I know almost everything about him. Like every daddy, I hope he’d be happy. I feel great that he can play his game now.”

-It might be harder to see him for you as he moved to London.

“Not at all. From Hamburg where I live, Leverkusen and Dusseldorf (where Son used to live) both takes an hour by car. To London also takes an hour by plane. I and Heung-min’s dad followed Leverkusen's every CL game last season and S. Korea’s matches held in Australia earlier this year. I’ll visit England every week to watch him play.

◇Now I can reveal the truth

There were rumors on the procedure of transfer from Leverkusen. As he moved to London after the new season started, some people doubted his relationships with the head coach or players.

-Is that true that he had uncomfortable relationship with the head coach?

“Roger Schmidt always included Son in his starting 11 week in week out, there’s no reason for bad relationship. Son just chose to play in England, where he always dreamed of."

-What about him skipping trainings without a word?

“(Laughs) I’m not a kidnapper. Would I leave for England with the player without the club’s approval? The club emailed me allowing his medical in London."

-Why Tottenham, why now?

“We were in contact with Spurs from 2 and half years ago. Pochettino was after him for the last 3 years and the club also wanted him. Heung-min, his dad and me all thought this is the right time to move to Tottenham. While dealing with transfer, there are those final negotiations going on forever; this was the case and had to wait for a long time to finalize the deal, which didn’t make the deal before the start of season. The deal wasn’t made all of sudden: it has been a long-term plan."

-Did the player’s will influence the transfer?

“Of course. The last decision was made by us three, the player, the dad and me, but Heung-min was the first person to brought out the issue. He said “Can I move to Tottenham? I trust Pochettino and I want to play with him. I want to play for Spurs.” I respected him. It’s not daddy’s decision either. Of course his father is an important person for me, since he understands football better than anyone. More than anything, we all are family, staying 7-8 years together. We know what is the best way for Son, so we always make decisions together. Tottenham is the best place for Son to start in the PL."

-There were rumors of him to move to Liverpool.

“They watched him for a long time and wanted him. Actually Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg also wanted him. But those two are German sides; he wanted to play in the PL."

-Then why not Liverpool?

“Pochettino was the biggest reason to choose Spurs. He’s the best manager for Son for now. He’s got great personality, and very talented to improve young players. He constantly communicates with players, cares and brings out their potentials. He will make great synergy with Son.

◇Hung-min is respected by team mates

-Is that the manager’s idea to play him in various positions?

“Poch is allowing various roles to Son; as seen in the match against Qarabaq, Son scored 2 goals as the role of no. 9. People think he’s a winger, especially a left winger; it’s wrong. He used to play as no. 9 in Hamburg. As he can use both feet freely, he can play at both wings, up front, everywhere. This kind of player need experiences in various positions. I regret that he didn’t have a chance to play as no. 9 in Leverkusen. Poch has this different eye to see a player. Haha."

-Son always said that CL is the best stage to play in. But Spurs plays in Europa League.

“It is true that Son thinks playing in the CL is important: but I want him to improve step by step. There are players who move from German clubs to English clubs that can compete in the CL. But there are so many examples that they had to come back to Germany right away. At his age, playing week in week out is the most important thing. Spurs is great that he can improve while playing. They may not be compete in the Cl, but Europa is enough for him for now."

-Do you think that the PL is the better league than Bundesliga?

“I think so. I’ve been watching the games of those two. The PL plays faster and stronger games. I won’t comment more, I’m a German myself!(Laughs)”

-The Atmosphere is good for now.

“This is a big challenge for Son. Everything’s new to him. Against Sunderland he seemed a bit nervous. But he seemed happy then - to play in the PL."

-Is he adapting well to the life in London?

“I had dinner with him and his family yesterday, everyone seemed happy. Recently he got his place to live with his parents, a house with beautiful garden. He seemed happier ever to find a Korean grocery nearby(Laughs). It’s important to be with his parents, since his father is an important advisor. Whatever other people think about it, I think his father is crucial to him, witnessing his improvement. But I once again make this clear: his father does not make the decisions."

-What kind of player will he be in Spurs?

“Tottenham is a very attractive side with very young players. Including Son, important players like Kane and Erikssen are all in their early 20s. It’s hard to find any other team in the PL like this. This trio will be a tremendous one, will be very exciting to watch. Have you seen when Son scored in the Europa and the league? Every Spurs player ran to him and celebrated the goal. Since being away for the national team games, Son only spent 1-2 weeks at Spurs. It’s hard to be like this, when you spent that little time with the new team. Is it because Heung-min’s sense of humor? No, it’s that the players are respecting him."
What a great interview and translation job. Bravo.

That describes my high school, a boarding school in Connecticut. We were called KP (Korean Power), though.

Back
Top Bottom