The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a lot of that is down to a keepers confidence in his defense. Gomes, for example, was always charging out and flapping at the ball but i think that's because he had no confidence that his defense would deal with the threat. If the keeper comes out and misses the ball completely then there's an open goal behind them, so TBH i'd rather see the keeper stay between the sticks, especially when their reflex saves are a first class as Hugo's.

Well, noone wants a new Gomes situation. However there's a middle ground. Yes, he should and mostly can trust the defenders to deal, and as such he shouldn't be coming for balls through traffic way out in the area just for the sake of it. The problem is, I've noticed any number of times in recent matches where the balls been played into the six yard or very close to it, where I'd expect any keeper to take charge and deal with it, but Lloris isn't. If he doesn't start doing that we're going to get pounded with balls into that area on set pieces, and we're in the trouble.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the spursyest of them all, one of the best spurs bars in America where I get to meet so many good fans, I am officially banned.

The result was my fault, I should have known at the Seattle 3-3 draw I first saw there, or the 2-2 comeback by Stoke this season or the many others in between I am a catastrophe of a fan

Oh and Spurs were shite too, hopefully this will be the stark result that gets Poch to shake them a bit.

The unbeaten run starts again here, as I will go back to sitting at home watching with my cornflakes

Ridiculous, I say the exact opposite. Just keep showing up until we win or until we're in the relegation zone

Regarding the photo, didn't think it would cause such controversy. I was piss drunk at a wedding and had no idea so many folks take such great offense to hair gel and a tux. Either way , It will come down.
Put it back on. You can have whatever you like as your avatar. It's a forum. Don't let any amount of drunken pisstaking make you think anyone really cares, or that their opinion should matter.

This thread is more disgraceful than the result.

Word of advice Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - don't venture into this thread. It gets proper low...even by TFC standards. You'll be bitterly disappointed in the behaviour of some on here.

If EVER there was a good time to have no midweek match to give Poch a week to work with these players, this is it!

And a transfer window looming.........unfortunately Townsend and Carroll need to go, we need another striker and a central midfielder.

We seemed all over Berahino and Wanyama in the summer, they would be upgrades on the squad.

No ex-players are forgotten.

You've misjudged how good Lamela is though by a long way, you should've let that go months ago.
I respected Dawson as a fine leader and wore the badge proudly. But he had clear outages in his game which I was vocal about and I got slated for it.

Fair enough on Lamela. He has looked much better this year and i still ride him a bit. Obvious overkill. Fishing at times but likely an unfair perspective. I still want to see him score more Prem goals which is expected for me from one of the two attacking wingers.

Put it back on. You can have whatever you like as your avatar. It's a forum. Don't let any amount of drunken pisstaking make you think anyone really cares, or that their opinion should matter.

This thread is more disgraceful than the result.

Word of advice Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - don't venture into this thread. It gets proper low...even by TFC standards. You'll be bitterly disappointed in the behaviour of some on here.

Peoples calling me gay and queer over a photo of me at a wedding where I'm having a little bit of fun. That's on them.

Agreed the behavior by me here was poor. Joe and Eddie wanted to tussle so I responded and went down to their level. Apologies.

Last edited:
Ive just been told by my 84 year old mother in law," what happened to Tottenham,? they are not ruthless enough"

That sums it up for me. Then she followed with," I used to love Malcolm MacDonald "?

Popping in this thread like...
giphy.gif

At least it got rid of that bigot Spursinho Spursinho . Dude's an embarrassment.

Tom Carroll eh? Just not good enough.

Unbeaten run had to end at some point, fucking spursy that it ends when we need the win most. At least the players recognize what's wrong. Rome wasn't build in a day and this team still has much learning to do.
We seemed to resort to a lot of longballs yesterday, and I was really dissapointed about that. We need to move the ball quicker around the penalty area as well, we've seen glimpses of us being capable of doing so, but we have to do it on a consistent basis

I'm a Yannick Bolasie-fancier. If someone can put a nice big bow on him and deliver him to Hotspur Way as a late Christmas present to the Poch, I'd be much obliged.

ArcspacE ArcspacE once you've been given the reigns, could you add +10k to my rep? Please? My new years resolution is to impress more people on here and I think i've got a fighting chance with you in charge.

*I don't feel like sifting through the thread to find it again but that Benjamin downloading chicken meme was top notch

ArcspacE ArcspacE once you've been given the reigns, could you add +10k to my rep? Please? My new years resolution is to impress more people on here and I think i've got a fighting chance with you in charge.

*I don't feel like sifting through the thread to find it again but that Benjamin downloading chicken meme was top notch
You're one of the first to go in the ArcspacE ArcspacE ran TFC. Burgermunchers like ourselves are gonezo. Apparently he doesn't like cheeseburgers (which is a shame).

The three things Arc hates: the scum, gooner multi cunt trolls, cheeseburgers

What an absolutely terrible thread on TFC. An abomination.

Wonder if most of it can be thrown in the forum toilet thread.

Maybe we should do ratings for threads like players performances.

This thread 1/10. Funny at the start, sad reflection at the end, total joke in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom