Would you still sign Berahino?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you pay for Saido (if anything)?

• Total voters

Millbanks

Spurs - Champions Cup of Europe Winners 2011
His demise since our bidding saga in the summer is well documented, with just 3 Premier League goals so far this season.

Now, I don't recall many not wanting him on the books when our genuine interest was shown, but I'd be interested to know what people think now, given -

- His behaviour following Jeremy Peace's bid rejections
- His lack of form, and possible fallouts with Pulis this season
- West Brom's refusal to utilise him, despite the team missing his goals
- Spurs' togetherness since August, will he fit in

Is he a bad egg? Is his talent outweighed by his poor behaviour? Will he upset the balance of the squad? Would he be willing to play second fiddle to Kane?

He really is a catch 22 in my eyes, and I'm not sure I'd be so keen to take him now. I'd be more inclined to see who Poch and Mitchell can find elsewhere if we're spending big bucks.

What do we think chaps?

Last edited:
He was refused a move, simple as that. Imagine being stuck in a job you weren't enjoying when you could have potentially moved to a better looking job in the summer, earned a lot more money and had a lot more success? and was then told you simply ain't moving and are going to stay somewhere you don't want to be?

As far as I am aware, he hasn't come out and refused to play? Correct me if I am wrong though. He has still made himself available, going by his twitter and other social media he is still working very hard and keeping himself fit so if we do end up signing him he won't be out of shape of unfit and he should be ready to slot right in.

I don't think he's a bad egg. I think it's all a myth the whole "bad attitude" thing - sure what he said on twitter was perhaps unprofessional but I don't think he has a bad attitude. It's not got to the stage where Pulis has headbutted him whilst naked in the showers.

I think he'd be a welcome signing. He is quick, a very good finisher, can play up top on his own and can also play outwide. Also knows players at the club from playing in the U21s so would be a welcome fit in my opinion.

In my opinion, the asking price in the summer was just a tad too much and I found his attitude and lack of profressionalism a bit worrisome.

With that said, would he mind playing back-up striker to Kane? I'm not convinced he'd like that so much, especially given his attitude towards Pulis as of late. I do think he'd mesh well with the rest of the team and he certainly has the talent and ability we're looking for.

All in all, given his age and ability, I think if we could get him for relatively cheap and if didnt mind playing back-up to Kane, then I'd say go for it.

As far as I am aware, he hasn't come out and refused to play? Correct me if I am wrong though. He has still made himself available, going by his twitter and other social media he is still working very hard and keeping himself fit so if we do end up signing him he won't be out of shape of unfit and he should be ready to slot right in.
He hasn't said he wouldn't play, no. But if you believe Pulis, he certainly hasn't put his head down and got on with it either. This weekend he said he was lucky to make the bench!

I'd take the gamble for anything up to around £15m, but no more than that.

In what way?

It was just something about his demeanor that just rubbed me the wrong way. Probably frustrated with the game, but I found his constant complaining about nearly every call against Watford a tad annoying...just get on with game. His little jab at Carroll's face was a bit much as well, borderline red in my opinion.

With that said, he's probably the only striker so far this season to seriously give our back line a hard time. I love his physical precense and talent for finding the back of the net, I'm just not convinced on his attitude.

I like the idea of Berahino. Just as Toby and Jan's time as Belgian teammates has resulted in a special partnership, I could see Kane and Berahino developing a great understanding. May be wishful thinking, but I think Harry could bring the best out of him.

Of all the names on the social media, my choice would be Jackson Martinez.

He didn´d adapt to La Liga and Atletico playstyle but he is a deadly striker that can also play super well with his back to the goal, helping the ball circulate and creating space for the wingers.

I´d like Berahino, but my choice would be a no-brainer if we have a chance to get him.

I like the idea of Berahino. Just as Toby and Jan's time as Belgian teammates has resulted in a special partnership, I could see Kane and Berahino developing a great understanding. May be wishful thinking, but I think Harry could bring the best out of him.

Completely agree. I'd like to think Kane could be a positive force on Berahino and with Poch's training and Kane's influence, I'd be interested in seeing what we could get out of it.

I just think anything over £15m is too much.

Our targets toward the end of the summer window seem to have been Berahino and Wanyama - if we can get both of them in January we'll be very good.
You'd still take Wanyama? I'd rather leave that position for our current crop to fill. I personally don't think he'd add much quality in ratio to his cost.

100% yes I would want berahino. Would be an absolute perfect signing. He's young, quick, talented and currently the best realistic striker option available. Pochettino will bring out the best in this guy I tell you now and he will flourish under his training methods.

Berahino clearly dosen't want to be at westbrom and can you blame him? A club going no where and with a manager that constantly throws him under the bus? I have lost count the amount of times Pulis has come out in interviews expressing his anger at berahino. If you have a problem then deal with it internally. We never heard pochettino come out blasting Adebayor etc personally did we? The quicker we release berahino from the hell hole that is westbrom the better.

You'd still take Wanyama? I'd rather leave that position for our current crop to fill. I personally don't think he'd add much quality in ratio to his cost.

Definitely. So many of the PL games come down to an outright scrap in the middle of the pitch, that's why Dembele and Dier have become virtually indispensable.

Wanyama would offer cover for both of them and also for the centre backs, as Dier would be able to be moved back.

Back
Top Bottom