Would you still sign Berahino?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you pay for Saido (if anything)?

• Total voters
He's not playing, the manager probably wants him to go, the player wants to go...

I'd put money on him leaving in January.

Whether we'l sign him though, is a different matter - I can see United signing him because they are so shit up front at the moment.

Skybet: Tottenham 8/11 - Stay WB 5/4 - Lowest odds for other Club is Watford 10/1 MU not even quoted

fair point.. but those possible signing have to hit the ground running so to speak .

I'm not expecting superstars for £20-30m, however a couple of clever cheap signings who will be able to slot right in would be of massive benefit. Can we rely on Carroll & Pritch to drag us through the tail end of the season when we need to be picking up massive points? I'd rather they got their experience and run outs in the Europa or FA Cup.

Clearly there is a plan in place and Mitchell seems to be doing a good job scouting players in his black box. It was certainly the case with Alli and he's been a fine addition that has gone straight into the first team.

I'm not expecting superstars for £20-30m, however a couple of clever cheap signings who will be able to slot right in would be of massive benefit. Can we rely on Carroll & Pritch to drag us through the tail end of the season when we need to be picking up massive points? I'd rather they got their experience and run outs in the Europa or FA Cup.

Clearly there is a plan in place and Mitchell seems to be doing a good job scouting players in his black box. It was certainly the case with Alli and he's been a fine addition that has gone straight into the first team.

if there not better than we already have nor proper cover for the likes of kane the no!!..thinks its fair to say we've got browny points for buying average players for the sake of buying them..
alli had near a whole year to come to terms with what we and the prem where all about.. bit different from signing someone in the jan window and immediately coming under pressure to produce !

Only I never mentioned anything about changing our teams identity and everything though did I.??
There are going to be times when we are losing or getting over run and need to change things and he would be an ideal player for that.
Not once did I mention about him walking straight into our team.. The first 11 and tactics almost pick themselves..

So you'd rather buy a back up who can only play well when kane plays? And it does force us to change our identity. We can't play the same way if we change our formation.

As for "when we are losing we need to throw another forward on" sort of mentality. That's throwing your gameplan out of the window and just hoping shit falls into place. I doubt the team trains in 4-4-2 very often so changing it mid game to get a goal is more likely to cost us a goal realistically.

We should be looking for players who can play as a lone striker or part of a more fluid front 4. Not a goal poacher. We had a goal poacher. It wasn't good for either party.:soldadowatch:

So you'd rather buy a back up who can only play well when kane plays? And it does force us to change our identity. We can't play the same way if we change our formation.

As for "when we are losing we need to throw another forward on" sort of mentality. That's throwing your gameplan out of the window and just hoping shit falls into place. I doubt the team trains in 4-4-2 very often so changing it mid game to get a goal is more likely to cost us a goal realistically.

We should be looking for players who can play as a lone striker or part of a more fluid front 4. Not a goal poacher. We had a goal poacher. It wasn't good for either party.:soldadowatch:

I didn't say we shouldn't also buy a lone striker did I ???

If you are 2-0 down then surely your game plan is already out the window?? or do teams set out to go 2-0 behind?

No way. Think his attitude sucks at the moment. Wouldn't want him sulking if he doesn't play every week.

We need team players, not jumped up little scrotes like him.

I'd be very wary of him. Poch has worked so hard to create a real club ethic and Berahino is clearly very self interested. I just don't want anyone messing with the cohesion and morale that our whole squad has worked so hard at.

I didn't say we shouldn't also buy a lone striker did I ???

If you are 2-0 down then surely your game plan is already out the window?? or do teams set out to go 2-0 behind?

I've seen teams go 3 or 4 goals down and come back without going 2 at the top or changing their style before. I feel going with what you work on is more powerful than "throwing on ighalo"

It is cute how you think we will sign not one but two strikers though.

Funny how there's so many experts on Berahino's attitude on this forum

the prospect of us signing Jackson Martinez or Alexandre Lacazette is even funnier

I'd have said the same thing about us signing eriksen or vdv to be honest...

why? everyone knew Eriksen was going to leave Ajax, he hardly had any time left on his contract and had been linked with so many clubs beforehand, that's why he was so cheap. VDV was out of favor at Madrid and that's why we got him on the cheap

Martinez just went to Atletico in the summer for 35m euros and Simeone loves him. why would he leave a team in the CL that he just joined to join Spurs?

Lacazette is just as expensive and has had plenty of offers to leave Lyon already from top clubs in the summer. Us signing him at all let alone in January isn't realistic at all.

why? everyone knew Eriksen was going to leave Ajax, he hardly had any time left on his contract and had been linked with so many clubs beforehand, that's why he was so cheap. VDV was out of favor at Madrid and that's why we got him on the cheap

Martinez just went to Atletico in the summer for 35m euros and Simeone loves him. why would he leave a team in the CL that he just joined to join Spurs?

Lacazette is just as expensive and has had plenty of offers to leave Lyon already from top clubs in the summer. Us signing him at all let alone in January isn't realistic at all.

It's pretty simple really. Had it not been for Bale starting to break through, vdv probably would have been our best player that season. Even though he was out of favour at Madrid, he was still a talented enough player to go anywhere at that cheap price.

As for eriksen you're right. Everyone knew he was going to leave ajax. But for years he has been a top rated prospect with a lot of big clubs interested in signing him. Even city made a solid offer and would have paid him probably double what we are, yet we signed him.

I don't see Martinez or Alexandre Lacazette being out of our range at all. The French league is abysmal and there is a good chance we could get a cl spot this year, so I doubt Lacazette would be too big a problem.

Martinez has just moved but had we moved for him in the summer, we may have landed our man. Chances are he wasn't the type of player Poch wanted though.

It's pretty simple really. Had it not been for Bale starting to break through, vdv probably would have been our best player that season. Even though he was out of favour at Madrid, he was still a talented enough player to go anywhere at that cheap price.

As for eriksen you're right. Everyone knew he was going to leave ajax. But for years he has been a top rated prospect with a lot of big clubs interested in signing him. Even city made a solid offer and would have paid him probably double what we are, yet we signed him.

I don't see Martinez or Alexandre Lacazette being out of our range at all. The French league is abysmal and there is a good chance we could get a cl spot this year, so I doubt Lacazette would be too big a problem.

Martinez has just moved but had we moved for him in the summer, we may have landed our man. Chances are he wasn't the type of player Poch wanted though.

VDV went at a knockdown price and so did Eriksen... Martinez or Lacazette won't. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

the French league is abysmal? guess we should go ahead and sign PSG's best players too. Not like Lacazette didn't already fire Lyon to the CL last year. The fact that the league is poor (not abysmal) also doesn't address the fact that bigger clubs than ours will be in for him who are regularly in the CL and can offer higher wages

So are we going to bench Kane for this new 30m+ striker you say isn't out of our range or are we signing this 30m striker for the bench? Assuming Levy even wants to spend that much on a striker considering what happened last time. Atletico paid Martinez release clause of 35m and Martinez said he wouldn't have gone to a non CL team too, so no it wasn't him not suiting Poch, we wouldn't have got him either way.

Seems pretty realistic considering we have to pay off our new stadium too

I've seen teams go 3 or 4 goals down and come back without going 2 at the top or changing their style before. I feel going with what you work on is more powerful than "throwing on ighalo"

It is cute how you think we will sign not one but two strikers though.

Once again, I never said I think we will.. I said I would like.. Big difference..

I think maybe you should read what I write more carefully to save any confusion..

Once again, I never said I think we will.. I said I would like.. Big difference..

I think maybe you should read what I write more carefully to save any confusion..

No point mentioning what you would like though if it isn't going to happen. I would like us to sign Messi, Neymar and Suarez to play with Kane. You don't hear me banging on about it though. :harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom