The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't understand the fatalism from our own fans? 'Spursy', 'Spurs Way' etc. If anything this season has shown we are not the Spurs of the past and we have an amazing coach working wonders with a young squad. Our football is some of the best seen since 'Arry fakin rhannn abhat a bit' but with a lot more defensive steel and tactical approach to attack.

I don't even think I am a happy clapper! I am just enjoying what is happening, we're pulling away from 4th and if we can guarantee top 3, then see where we go from there.
just because some of us dont think we will win the title it doesnt mean we dont enjoy all of those things.

Whatever happens from now on, its been a very good season.
Just because i dont think we will win the title, it doesnt mean i am sat worrying about it & not enjoying what we have already achieved.

Leicester don't have to choke that hard. They have drawn 9 games and lost 4. They have drawn and lost a game in their last 6. They are winning games by one goal, not 2 or 3. In Leicester's last game, Crystal Palace hit the woodwork a few times and could've gotten a point and they are in terrible form. It is very possible in Leicester's next two games either Southampton or Sunderland are capable of taking a point off them because they are both in better form recently and have things to play for.

Simply put, I will not be surprised if Leicester draw and lose a game before the end of the season. I will not be surprised if we do either. I will also not be surprised if both teams win more or slip up more. It is simply a crazy and unpredictable position to be in. We have the best goal difference in the league and are now out of all competitions which were holding back our league form. We simply don't know how good we are yet. We know we are capable of winning every game put in front of us, and not just by one goal. We know Leicester aren't quite as good, but have been consistent in getting results by one goal.
We need to take it week by week, game by game. pressure will play a big part in this. Playing alternative days is a nonsense, i think we play 4 games after LC play and one (Liverpool) before.
Pelle has now scored in his last two games so bang on form. He will trouble the LC defence (he's a big lump). Southampton will play LC, coming off a great result against Liverpool so it should be interesting. Sunderland I don't give much hope to be honest (bottom v top) bread and butter for LC.

just because some of us dont think we will win the title it doesnt mean we dont enjoy all of those things.

Agree, but believing is all part of it. While its possible, it can happen. Yes you are right, its enjoyable for which ever way you want to see it, its been brilliant this season and lets hope it continue to the last game.

Because you might as well have posted "anything can happen". I could just as easily say "it is "highly possible" that we will win our last 7 games, and Leicester won't".

It's just nonsense.
come off it. Half the posts on here are similar.
Lots have said no reason we cant win all our games.
Or we could do this & they do that.
Its all just stating the obvious.

Surely that goes for every prediction in every match day thread then. Let's just shut the forum down now cos it's all bollocks.
Nah its ok if its a positive prediction.
If its a negative prediction then theirs a problem.

Agree, but believing is all part of it. While its possible, it can happen. Yes you are right, its enjoyable for which ever way you want to see it, its been brilliant this season and lets hope it continue to the last game.
true. I am just not liking our run in.
we have beaten 3 top 12 teams.
now we have to probably beat 4 out of 5.
thats a massive improvement needed.
also chelsea, liverpool & stoke away are nightmare grounds for us.
I just think its too much to ask.
but what do I know!

Remember when we first made the top four and time people put that down to the fact Liverpool were shit and Man City weren't at the peak of financial doping.

What do those people think of the fact that currently City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United are all shit and Woolwich want the managers head on a spike?

true. I am just not liking our run in.
we have beaten 3 top 12 teams.
now we have to probably beat 4 out of 5.
thats a massive improvement needed.
also chelsea, liverpool & stoke away are nightmare grounds for us.
I just think its too much to ask.
but what do I know!
Yes , but our away from is very good. We have gone to all three grounds, past seasons with a lesser competing team and run em all close. Errors from nerves always seem to be our down fall. This is something we have illuminated from our game this season so why not beat all three or at least go unbeaten ?

What all of this does show is that our loss to them at home really was a 6 pointer. Take 3 points off them & add 3 to our total...

:walkercry:

I still think we will overhaul them though & if we do, it should also be enough to see Woolwich off.

:sonlol:

I don't understand the fatalism from our own fans? 'Spursy', 'Spurs Way' etc. If anything this season has shown we are not the Spurs of the past and we have an amazing coach working wonders with a young squad. Our football is some of the best seen since 'Arry fakin rhannn abhat a bit' but with a lot more defensive steel and tactical approach to attack.

I don't even think I am a happy clapper! I am just enjoying what is happening, we're pulling away from 4th and if we can guarantee top 3, then see where we go from there.

We are "Spursy" no longer

New manager

New team

New philosophy

We are born again 'hard'!

No-one fucks with us and everyone must dread playing us

Enjoy the ride

I am having waited 55 years for a team like this

Yes we are that good and next season we will improve so I don't give a fuck how much Chavs, Citeh, ManUre spend or who is in charge of the scum

We have a settled side and Poch!

:levystare:

:pochohshit:

Just call me parrot from now on =(

We're not going to win the next 7 games. We're going to draw at least 1, possibly lose 1. It's possible we do win all 7 games, but it's not very likely.

Therefore for us to cross the 5 point gap + make up for dropped points, we'd need Leicester to lose 2 and draw 1 (Totalling 8 points dropped....gives us enough space for the 5 point gap and we can afford to lose 1 game). This puts us on level terms and means we scrape by through GD. This is probably the bear minimum we need to win the title, and seems unlikely considering Leicester have lost 3 times in 31 games.

This is why I say they've 99% won it. They lost once every 10 games throughout the season. We now expect them to lose twice in 7 games. It's almost impossible, but as Poch says, "This is futbol".
When the season comes closer to the end and LC see the finishing line, the pressure will be huge (they will start thinking, can we really win this?). Can they cope with it, we will have to see? With us, I feel we've slipped up already, losing to LC and missing a golden opportunity against the Woolwich to get all 3 points. BUT, We have a second bite so i feel we will not fail again, if an opening presents itself. A big game for us Liverpool, win this, then there could be no stopping us.

When the season comes closer to the end and LC see the finishing line, the pressure will be huge (they will start thinking, can we really win this?). Can they cope with it, we will have to see? With us, I feel we've slipped up already, losing to LC and missing a golden opportunity against the Woolwich to get all 3 points. BUT, We have a second bite so i feel we will not fail again, if an opening presents itself. A big game for us Liverpool, win this, then there could be no stopping us.

But you didn't call him "Parrot"

Is he a dead one?

:pochrolleyes:

What all of this does show is that our loss to them at home really was a 6 pointer. Take 3 points off them & add 3 to our total...
Thats why we need to respect them for being top and accept being second. They deserve to be there on merit.
The season is no where near over, 7 games is 21 points....21 points to play for.

Who knows whats going to happen in these 7 games. All I want, is to stay above the Woolwich and if that means by winning matches and we win the PL, ill take that.

This is going to be the loooooooooooooongest international break eeeeeeeeeeeeever.

The admins really should shut down the site for a week or so. Things might implode in here by next Wednesday :lloris:

They'll probably drop points to:
West Ham - Great home form, difficult team
City - I think City will be feeling the pressure for top 4
Sunderland - Will be desperate for points and home advantage

I think they'll lose 1, draw 2 at least

They're the games I've identified as being tough for the Woolwich too.

West Ham have a fantastic record against London teams this season and they will be battling for 4th spot. They could really do us a favour here.

City are beatable at the moment and I don't know if they're going to pick themselves up or just continue on their downward spiral. They also have a lot of injuries and so are very vulnerable. However, the pressure is on for them to keep hold of a champions league place so you'd hope they will find a way of turning things around for the Woolwich game.

Sunderland will be scrapping and not only do Woolwich have a poor record away to Sunderland, but Big Sam has no love for Arsene Wenger. Again, Sunderland could really, really help us out here. C'mon Jermain Defoe, net a hat-trick for your old club.

This is going to be the loooooooooooooongest international break eeeeeeeeeeeeever.

The admins really should shut down the site for a week or so. Things might implode in here by next Wednesday :lloris:

How else will I fill my time without my ability to ramble about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, fuck I'd have to talk to the wife and do things with my kids!

Happy Fucking Easter everyone. :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom