The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

good result with Woolwich losing. I think Leicester are going to go on to win the title, but if they let the pressure gett o them then we will pounce. Assuming they hold it together, second place would be a fantastic result for us this season, and set us up well for next season.

for just a short time today i was a hammer fan, I got home it was nil 1 put the kettle on for a cuppa returned to the living room nil - 2 dam started running the shower 1-2 HT returned in time for 2-2 sat and watches 3-2 goal go in ran round the living room with my towel swinging around my head looked out the window to see my mate next door cutting the grass !! looking at me as he turned round !!

no just a typo, meant to say "losing points".

25874cda669daab3312554643d42f4ba.672x368x61.gif

:pochlol:

ALL we can do today is win our game... we can't influence whatever Leicester do (partly 'cos they play first) but because of that we can't let whatever result they do get affect us later...

If they win, we can't be down about it, a 10 point gap will only stay that way unless we cut it back down to 7... ad besides, we've still got PLENTY to play for (2nd being the last position we do have a say in our own destiny!) The title isn't ours to lose, as it stands, it's Leicester's... let them deal with that!

If they lose/draw (drop points basically) today, then as 'useful' as that would be, it's only relevant if we better their result!
We can't get distracted by what they do, or don't do... I'd almost hasten to suggest Poch doesn't let the players know the score beforehand... though I guess, in the modern age of technology, that's gonna be nigh on impossible!

If we both win today, it's not quite 'as you were'...:pochserious:
...'cos there's one less game to do anything about it... :pochserious:

if we get a better result than them, it's game on... :pochohshit: :pochlol:

if they better our result, then that's where I start getting all weepy! :pochfacepalm: :pochsulk:

If we can win 4 of our last 6 matches which I think is the most I think realistic then I see that being good enough for 2nd. Only 16 points or more would scare Leicester now and we'll.....hmmmm....

However if I were a fan of United or in particular Woolwich, I would be hugely frustrated if not angry.

Next season there are likely to be 7/8 teams in contention (not Leicester for me but West Ham) with big teams and effectively 4 managers who would have had a whole pre-season behind them it can only get very much harder and if there was a season for them surely this was it.

So if we get 2nd and given our squad and expectation then arguably ours will be one which is easier to reflect on.

If we can win 4 of our last 6 matches which I think is the most I think realistic then I see that being good enough for 2nd. Only 16 points or more would scare Leicester now and we'll.....hmmmm....

However if I were a fan of United or in particular Woolwich, I would be hugely frustrated if not angry.

Next season there are likely to be 7/8 teams in contention (not Leicester for me but West Ham) with big teams and effectively 4 managers who would have had a whole pre-season behind them it can only get very much harder and if there was a season for them surely this was it.

So if we get 2nd and given our squad and expectation then arguably ours will be one which is easier to reflect on.

Thing is Lecister will have to juggle European Football next season which as we all know massively affects form.

At the same time the likes of Man United, West Ham will have to deal with the shit shower that is the EL and trips to Russia obviously depending on 5/6th place finish.

We on the other hand get the Champions League which means we can buy better players than if we are in the EL.

It will hurt not winning the title but if fingers crossed we at least get 2nd we put ourselves I a great place for next season.

Dark horse for next season must be Chelsea given they have no European Football.

the only team#s i can see realistically taking points off of leceister are West Ham and Manu who still have the incentive of a top 4 finish to chase.Swansea and Everton will roll over. Unless of course Everton turn up which is very hit and miss under Martinez. Chelsea are scum and will lose end of season.

I'm going to make a bold/rash/biased prediction here & say it will go down to the last game of the season whereby we can finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd depending on results.

And we will win it on GD...

I have a dream.

YESSSS THIS. We are not a team who should be beating ourselves up about the way the season has gone. We're performing fantastically, have greatly exceeded all of our expectations at the start of the year, have the youngest squad, and are generally recognised as being the best side teams have played (certainly according to many managerial quotes post-match).
This was a year that a team like Man City or Chelsea could have won the league at a canter. But they didn't...

Thing is, the team who had a settled squad, and a settled manager, is Woolwich: they are the ones who this season provided the best opportunity to win the league and they couldn't even do it this time around.
I know there have been times that we said their fanbase has been in turmoil, and the infighting is at an all-time high, but this really is the case right now. If we finish above them, we break them.

Same goes for United, who despite spending even more money and keeping the same manager have somehow contrived to do worse than last season. Hilarious.

Here's hoping Leicester do a Spieth.
Just watched the end of the Masters with my dear pa.

XS5LK.gif

Whilst it is hugely unlikely, teams have had similar points to make up with 5 games left. Lets fucking go for it. As Dier said in his post match interview, all we can do is give our all. Whatever happens with the title, it still will have been a great season.

Last edited:
We aren't going to win folks.

I relished the demolishing of United yesterday, and though I now think we could win all our remaining fixtures, Leicester are simply not going to lose three. I can see them losing to Spam and United but not too Swansea or Everton, and Chelsea on the last day, are going to be on holiday.

So, it will be heartbreaking to be so close, but nothing to be ashamed of. We would have done very well, and they honestly deserve it if they remain ahead of us.

Just need to continue to apply the pressure and finish in second.

Leicester have a tricky run in, I disagree with the motd hosts assessment that ours is more difficult. Although like Timmy said they HAVE to lose to West Ham for us to have any chance, so come on you Hammers? It's very unlikely but there is a possibility, I still can't believe the team between us and the title is Leicester City..:pochfacepalm:

the only team#s i can see realistically taking points off of leceister are West Ham and Manu who still have the incentive of a top 4 finish to chase.Swansea and Everton will roll over. Unless of course Everton turn up which is very hit and miss under Martinez. Chelsea are scum and will lose end of season.

Here I thought, your big selling point as to why we cannot possible win the league was that we draw too many matches, especially against top teams :chadliwtf:

Whatever could have changed recently :kanehand:

Oh well, good to see that you're adaptable enough to remain negative nomatter what :dembelefingers:

Sad, just sad:vdvcry:

5 wins equals 15 points, would 80 be good enough for us to win the league?

Our remaining five games are winnable, why not create yet more history by finally winning a Premier League game at the dump that is Stamford Bridge.

Let's just concentrate on beating those who are put in front of us.

Back
Top Bottom