The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's 57 mate. Hard to believe I know. Certainly got no friends though.
Wait just a god damn minute...

57?

Heinz has 57 varieties...

illustration_57varietes_stamp.ashx

And what's one of their most popular products? Ketchup.

54d8cd91e26f9_-_esq-heinz-ketchup-57-102711-5jqxqw-lg.jpg

Ketchup... Ketchup. CATCH UP.

We're gonna catch up with Leicester.

And Roy Ibbo knew all along.

Well played, sir. Well played.

gif8.gif

Me, I'm still worried about Woolwich.
Maybe as this is ingrained in my Spurs supporting psyche.
As much as it may be a dream for LCFC die hards to see their team in pole for the title, it's also a dream to think of Spurs challenging.
The experience of seeing an exciting Spurs side is nothing new. However, coupled with seeing a strong, stubborn, defensively sound, non defeatist Spurs side -which doesn't capitulate when the pressure is on - can be described as chimerical.
Woolwich have to face Palace, WBA, Sunderland, Norwich and Villa. The only team I have any doubt about them with is Man City. Yet, on paper, there is no reason why they could not win every game.
I expect them to win at home tomorrow and be 3 points behind.
Those 12 points ( not factoring Man City) I expect them to invariably get will take them to 74 points. If they beat Man city 77, draw 75.
I can also see their GD improving.
We need to then get 13 points or more from our 15 to get 78. 12 as maybe our GD will still be superior.
This is paramount in my mind. Making sure those cunts finish below us.
I would love to win the title. Believe me that would be the ultimate. However, finishing above those cunts would just be as significant personally.

We have a better record v Stoke away than at home since 09/10. We have only beaten them twice at home in last 7 PL games, lost 2 and drawn 3.
At theirs ( not including this season's fixture) we have lost twice & won 4 times. Last year they did the double over us. We lost 3-0 at theirs and lost 2-1 at home. So, not at all predictable.
Chavs, well you know our record there.

We have been in the position before. However much I look at our team and see a difference to our teams of old, with much more resilience and fight, I still have that nagging thought that Woolwich have a track record of getting the breaks and results in run ins.
In my view, finishing above them is paramount.
They have had the pressure take right off them by everybody.

PS: I ain't given up on the league, but if we win all our games LCFC only have to get 9 points from 15. It's not impossible though.
Also, we can do nothing about it but try to do our best. Only they and the teams that they play can have a say in their results.
We have to make sure we concentrate on our results because we do have a say in whether we stay above those cunts.

Last edited:
Tools like this make me want to hate Leicester, but then I remember he is just a sad little 12 year old with no friends and not all their fans are like this.
There are five games left. If Leicester win it I will congratulate their fans except those that are cunts about it for no reason and gloating before they've even finished the job. There are five games left for fuck sake. FIVE. and because of what they mean they are the hardest games yet, prior form is largely irrelevant. Forget the trophy a second, you have to try and win the next game first. West Ham are decent, much more together than the last five teams you've played. Look forward to you posting on here tomorrow after you've dropped points and start shitting yourself about the next four games being even tougher because of the pressure that creates.
Believe me - I am worried already and even if we win tomorrow I will still be worried as you can just as easily lose 4 on the bounce in this league as you can win 4 on the bounce. Couple of ref decisions or woodwork etc. I wish my fellow so called LC fans would piss off to be honest as you aint genuine fans and have clearly only jumped on the wagon this season. I bet most of you are the ones loving Pearson even though I knew he was shit last season and wanted him out. I bet you went mad when he was sacked yet he was a prick.

Like I sad before we both have weird fans but I am pleased it appears to be out of us and Spurs as both would be good for the premier league. I just hate the way the fan base has changed and is now full of thick glory hunters with no real idea about football. Anyone gloating at the moment is a twat in my opinion as we have won f..k all at the moment so please sod off and whoever ends up winning the league then the appropriate fans can celebrate////

Believe me - I am worried already and even if we win tomorrow I will still be worried as you can just as easily lose 4 on the bounce in this league as you can win 4 on the bounce. Couple of ref decisions or woodwork etc. I wish my fellow so called LC fans would piss off to be honest as you aint genuine fans and have clearly only jumped on the wagon this season. I bet most of you are the ones loving Pearson even though I knew he was shit last season and wanted him out. I bet you went mad when he was sacked yet he was a prick.

Like I sad before we both have weird fans but I am pleased it appears to be out of us and Spurs as both would be good for the premier league. I just hate the way the fan base has changed and is now full of thick glory hunters with no real idea about football. Anyone gloating at the moment is a twat in my opinion as we have won f..k all at the moment so please sod off and whoever ends up winning the league then the appropriate fans can celebrate////

...yes... you can... so why haven't your lot yet? C'mon... give us a bit of hope here! A coupla demoralising LCFC defeats on the spin wouldn't half liven things up a bit!

...surely you want a bit of excitement come May...?

As much as it may be a dream for LCFC die hards to see their team in pole for the title, it's also a dream to think of Spurs challenging.
The experience of seeing an exciting Spurs side is nothing new. However, coupled with seeing a strong, stubborn, defensively sound, non defeatist Spurs side -which doesn't capitulate when the pressure is on - can be described as chimerical.
Woolwich have to face Palace, WBA, Sunderland, Norwich and Villa. The only team I have any doubt about them with is Man City. Yet, on paper, there is no reason why they could not win every game.
Those 12 points ( not factoring Man City) I expect them to invariably get will take them to 74 points. If they beat Man city 77, draw 75.
We need to then get 13 points or more from our 15 to get 78. 12 as maybe our GD will still be superior.
I would love to win the title. Believe me that would be the ultimate. However, finishing above those cunts would just be as significant personally.

We have a better record v Stoke away than at home since 09/10. We have only beaten them only twice at home in last 7 PL games, lost 2 and drawn 3.
At theirs ( not including this season's fixture) we have lost twice & won 4 times. Last year they did the double over us. We lost 3-0 at theirs and lost 2-1 at home. So, not at all predictable.

We have been in the position before. However much I look at our team and see a difference to our teams of old, with much more resilience and fight, I still have that nagging thought that Woolwich have a track record of getting the breaks and results in run ins.

PS: I ain't given up on the league, but if we win all our games LCFC only have to get 9 points from 15. It's not impossible though.
Also, we can do nothing about it but try to do our best. Only they and the teams that they play can have a say in their results.
We have to make sure we concentrate on our results because we do have a say in whether we stay above those cunts.
We have consistently done well away this season and have improved our home games!

We have consistently done well away this season and have improved our home games!
I know, that's my point.
I remember being 4 points ahead of Woolwich ( 7 in front of Chavs) with a game in hand in March 11/12 and finishing 1pt point behind them in 4th.
I remember being 4 points above them at the beginning of April 12/13 and finishing 1 pt below them.

I see, the facts back it up, but it's ingrained in my psyche.

Oh, and Newcastle away last game won't be easy. Especially if they need the win to stay up.
They have more threat than Norwich, sunderland or Villa imo.
Oh, and Woolwich have Villa, You may as well just chalk those points up now.

Last edited:
Oh, and Newcastle away last game won't be easy. Especially if they need the win to stay up.

To be fair, I think those points were 'chalked up' when the fixtures were announced last June!

We have a better record v Stoke away than at home since 09/10. We have only beaten them twice at home in last 7 PL games, lost 2 and drawn 3.

You have been thinking? Lets see where we are after the stoke game. Both LC and Scum will have played also. A big weekend of football which will throw up an odd result, lets just hope its not uurs.

You still here?

I know, that's my point.
I remember being 4 points ahead of Woolwich ( 7 in front of Chavs) with a game in hand in March 11/12 and finishing 1pt point behind them in 4th.
I remember being 4 points above them at the beginning of April 12/13 and finishing 1 pt below them.

I see, the facts back it up, but it's ingrained in my psyche.

Ive been waiting for them to climb above us since they got knocked out the CL but surprisingly we keep winning. We are not the same team as those seasons past.

You still here?
Like our team yes I am..... making the most of this season as it will probably never happen ever!!! again so enjoying every moment of it and the only other fans who can appreciate how I feel are the other team's fan who are in a similar position - which is you mate so yes I am still here and hopefully we are both still here at the end of the season. As you have not won the league in many a decade I thought you would enjoy some decent footy banter and appreciate the nervousness of both sets of fans. If you are one of those fans who tells everyone to f off then fair play and I will happily leave the forum so you can sit there and slag everyone off.

However, I have read many posts on here from decent Spurs fan and it is due to those guys that I still admire your team and in some ways getting to know them makes it easier to think we may lose the title to you. Rather you than Woolwich or Man City. I honestly wish you good luck but I wish us more luck. Either way this will be a season to remember for both of us so make the most of it mate and don't have such hatred.

Like our team yes I am..... making the most of this season as it will probably never happen ever!!! again so enjoying every moment of it and the only other fans who can appreciate how I feel are the other team's fan who are in a similar position - which is you mate so yes I am still here and hopefully we are both still here at the end of the season. As you have not won the league in many a decade I thought you would enjoy some decent footy banter and appreciate the nervousness of both sets of fans. If you are one of those fans who tells everyone to f off then fair play and I will happily leave the forum so you can sit there and slag everyone off.

However, I have read many posts on here from decent Spurs fan and it is due to those guys that I still admire your team and in some ways getting to know them makes it easier to think we may lose the title to you. Rather you than Woolwich or Man City. I honestly wish you good luck but I wish us more luck. Either way this will be a season to remember for both of us so make the most of it mate and don't have such hatred.

You assume a lot from a simple remark made in jest? (you seem to need reassuring-why?)

"the only other fans who can appreciate how I feel are the other team's fan who are in a similar position" NO we are not in the same position, in your mind maybe?

"hopefully we are both still here at the end of the season". I hope you're not?

"If you are one of those fans who tells everyone to f off then fair play." No- otherwise I would have mentioned it?

"I will happily leave the forum so you can sit there and slag everyone off" Your choice to leave (your choice to be on here) and NO I don't slag everyone off?

"However, I have read many posts on here from decent Spurs fan and it is due to those guys that I still admire your team and in some ways getting to know them makes it easier to think we may lose the title to you." Utter drivel.

"Rather you than Woolwich or Man City" Agree.

"make the most of it mate and don't have such hatred" blasphemy!!!

Oldschool is alright. You're tough on these Leicester boys MrS. :eriksenlol:

My comment were made in jest-he has over reacted.
They can be a little prickly at times and seem to need reassurance.

He does seem to want to exchange pleasantries but I feel they (LC supporters) are being a little smug.

Old school said...."I will happily leave the forum so you can sit there and slag everyone off"
Whats it to him what I do on here, Its a Spurs forum ????

Last edited:
So, how dirty do we all feel having to support West Ham this weekend? Fingers crossed!
I've often wondered how folk can be a member for ages and contribute so little... then I remembered the FBA thread existed.

E96u07u.png

:eriksenlol:

On point though, yes I will feel very dirty "cheering on" West Ham today. :memeokay:

Surprised you can cross your fingers, looking at that thread.

Oldschool is alright. You're tough on these Leicester boys MrS. :eriksenlol:
MrS is great. He made it clear to me early on that he absolutely detests any form of friendliness between fans and he patrols these boards like the chuminess police, looking for any kind of evidence of it so he can stamp it out immediately. But never abusively, which I kind of admire.

The fact that he'll hate this post makes me laugh, which I could do with today, being somewhat nervous.

I've often wondered how folk can be a member for ages and contribute so little... then I remembered the FBA thread existed.

E96u07u.png

:eriksenlol:

On point though, yes I will feel very dirty "cheering on" West Ham today. :memeokay:

Surprised you can cross your fingers, looking at that thread.

Cheering on another London team? Filth.

Mind you, if you were playing a combined 11 made up of Forest and Derby and managed by Mark McGhee, I'd be cheering them til I couldn't speak.

You assume a lot from a simple remark made in jest? (you seem to need reassuring-why?)

"the only other fans who can appreciate how I feel are the other team's fan who are in a similar position" NO we are not in the same position, in your mind maybe?

"hopefully we are both still here at the end of the season". I hope you're not?

"If you are one of those fans who tells everyone to f off then fair play." No- otherwise I would have mentioned it?

"I will happily leave the forum so you can sit there and slag everyone off" Your choice to leave (your choice to be on here) and NO I don't slag everyone off?

"However, I have read many posts on here from decent Spurs fan and it is due to those guys that I still admire your team and in some ways getting to know them makes it easier to think we may lose the title to you." Utter drivel.

"Rather you than Woolwich or Man City" Agree.

"make the most of it mate and don't have such hatred" blasphemy!!!
The issue is yes this is a Spurs forum but I prefer to debate with opposite fans as it is good footy banter. I don't see you on our forum so I come here. I enjoy talking with opposition fans to see their perspective. Afterall, it is only by chance where we were born that we support our teams - with the exception of glory Manu and Scouse fans who come from all over. If you were born in Leicester then you would be on my side and vice versa if I was from north London.

I mistakenly thought we were in the same boat - two so called smaller clubs sticking up the big so called four!! so yes I hope we are both still up there at the end - us in 1st and you in 2nd and you will want the opposite. I have no malice against you as I don't know you. I have seen twat fans from all clubs including ours so if you are a decent fan then I like you, if you are a twat fan then I don't.

Like I said before I have enjoyed reading comments from many a decent spurs fan on here and it is interesting to see your perspective and I thought you would find it the same to see our perspective and not the drivel from the twat LC fans - but the genuine ones.

Back
Top Bottom