The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After May 2nd, it's going to be ours to lose, lads. They'll draw with Swansea and lose to Manure, while we win our next two. Heck, if they lose to Everton too, we might even do the barcodes a favor and let them win to stay up. For Andros' sake, if nothing else.

Leceister turn up nearly every week. Why do you think you will drop points against one of Swansea, Everton and Chelsea.?. They have nothing to play for.
Because firstly without Vardy we are a different team. Last season when he missed some games we were awful - completely ineffective. Swansea - we have a decent chance yes but they are good and can turn over top teams on their day. They have done it this and last season. Our games lately have relied on literally a couple of chances which we have taken. When Vardy hasn't scored he has assisted and his pace has a massive influence on games as it stops opposition sitting high up the field.

Utd - They have hit some form (and even on form you destroyed them by the way) and now truly have everything to play for. Refs always go their way at home. They can press as we won't have Vardy to peg them back. It will be defending for 90 minutes and naturally they will get a goal or two so that one is a near certain loss.

Everton - law of averages they have to win sometime and they will come to us and sit back (if Vardy is back) as a draw is ok for their manager at the leaders and to stave pressure off. He knows if they come at us we will hit them on the break and score. We have struggled in all of the 5 wins lately when teams have sit back.

Chelsea - Their fans will naturally want us to win it and they make that clear on their forums. You simply hate each other but many of them hate Gooners more. Either way their players are not locals and will want to finish the season with a win. Even when we beat them at home it was very tough and they had chances. If you destroy Chelsea then I will fancy our chances but if you don't then we certainly won't.

I predict we will get 4 or max 5 points so if it is 5 then that makes you needing 10 points to take the title, which is comfortable for you in your current form. Teams will be terrified of you at the moment.

I predict win v swans, loss at utd, point v scousers and point or loss at your rivals.

Even we beat swans and scousers and get point at Chelsea that still leaves us short.

That is why I believe you will win it. not winding anyone up but being honest and having a discussion here about it.

You see our results each week and think crikey LC never lose and keep winning, same as we see with your results. Big, Big difference is you are winning comfortably whereas we are only just getting there and that can't hold.

If Vardy wasn't stupid on Sunday then who knows as it may still have been a point or if we had won then yes it would be a different story with 7 points and 4 to play but as it is that has all changed.

I do feel if we win on Sunday then for 24 hours the pressure is well and truly back on you, should you then beat WBA it is on us for the next 6 days until Utd and if we fail there (which we will) then your Chelsea game is perhaps the biggest decider of the season for both of us - you win and the title will be yours, you lose then it will be ours

Because firstly without Vardy we are a different team. Last season when he missed some games we were awful - completely ineffective. Swansea - we have a decent chance yes but they are good and can turn over top teams on their day. They have done it this and last season. Our games lately have relied on literally a couple of chances which we have taken. When Vardy hasn't scored he has assisted and his pace has a massive influence on games as it stops opposition sitting high up the field.

Utd - They have hit some form (and even on form you destroyed them by the way) and now truly have everything to play for. Refs always go their way at home. They can press as we won't have Vardy to peg them back. It will be defending for 90 minutes and naturally they will get a goal or two so that one is a near certain loss.

Everton - law of averages they have to win sometime and they will come to us and sit back (if Vardy is back) as a draw is ok for their manager at the leaders and to stave pressure off. He knows if they come at us we will hit them on the break and score. We have struggled in all of the 5 wins lately when teams have sit back.

Chelsea - Their fans will naturally want us to win it and they make that clear on their forums. You simply hate each other but many of them hate Gooners more. Either way their players are not locals and will want to finish the season with a win. Even when we beat them at home it was very tough and they had chances. If you destroy Chelsea then I will fancy our chances but if you don't then we certainly won't.

I predict we will get 4 or max 5 points so if it is 5 then that makes you needing 10 points to take the title, which is comfortable for you in your current form. Teams will be terrified of you at the moment.

I predict win v swans, loss at utd, point v scousers and point or loss at your rivals.

Even we beat swans and scousers and get point at Chelsea that still leaves us short.

That is why I believe you will win it. not winding anyone up but being honest and having a discussion here about it.

You see our results each week and think crikey LC never lose and keep winning, same as we see with your results. Big, Big difference is you are winning comfortably whereas we are only just getting there and that can't hold.

If Vardy wasn't stupid on Sunday then who knows as it may still have been a point or if we had won then yes it would be a different story with 7 points and 4 to play but as it is that has all changed.

I do feel if we win on Sunday then for 24 hours the pressure is well and truly back on you, should you then beat WBA it is on us for the next 6 days until Utd and if we fail there (which we will) then your Chelsea game is perhaps the biggest decider of the season for both of us - you win and the title will be yours, you lose then it will be ours
dan-skinner-house-fools.jpg
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU twat!

I really hate this notion that any team will lay down and lose because they have "nothing left to play for" or because it will one up their rivals. Losing is such a horrible feeling and especially on the last day of the season. No player ever likes to lose, and no fan should ever like to lose. If us winning on the final day meant guaranteeing Woolwich the title, as much as it would displease me to see them win it, I would equally hate to see us lose. I hate seeing Spurs lose more than anything in the fucking world.

I really hate this notion that any team will lay down and lose because they have "nothing left to play for" or because it will one up their rivals. Losing is such a horrible feeling and especially on the last day of the season. No player ever likes to lose, and no fan should ever like to lose. If us winning on the final day meant guaranteeing Woolwich the title, as much as it would displease me to see them win it, I would equally hate to see us lose. I hate seeing Spurs lose more than anything in the fucking world.

It is noble to think that all competitive sports people hate to lose or would never throw a match. Unfortunately there are shades of grey for this sort of thing. Just look at the 'alledged' accusations about doping. Nothing is proven however if rumours of that sort of thing get out. There must be some truth in it.

It is noble to think that all competitive sports people hate to lose or would never throw a match. Unfortunately there are shades of grey for this sort of thing. Just look at the 'alledged' accusations about doping. Nothing is proven however if rumours of that sort of thing get out. There must be some truth in it.

Are you suggesting that just because a rumour of a team doping exists, that there must be some truth to it?

I think you've been exposed to Sausage Vince too long. :pochserious:

Do you think John McGinn is the greatest young midfielder of our time and that Leicester are only in first because they know how to beat the drug testing?

I've never seen McGinn play, so have no opinion other than what is repeated on here.

Leicester are top because they have won more games than us and have had the 'odd' decision go in their favour.

Fair play to thefightingcock for letting Leicester fans have a voice on here - over at Foxes talk (if you can call it talking) they are deleting all spurs chat.

Sure sign of nerves!

COYS!

That means they are getting nervous. Simple as. Ironically, they don't want a fox in amongst the chickens, unsettling them. As the week has gone on the more I am convinced that they are going to drop points against Swansea. Swansea have game changers like Siggy and they don't need to worry like usual about Vardy's pace and clinical finishing. I could see them winning it actually, with Huth or Morgan getting sent off and a penalty given - they'll be under scrutiny now in a way they haven't faced before, and I think other referees will a) want to back up their colleague by showing again that Leicester are cheats and b) they won't want the criticism of not having control of the game like Moss, so they will deal with any grappling, shirt pulling etc., nice and early. Swansea to win 2-1 in my opinion. We'll blow West Brom away, no doubt about that. The gap will be just 2 points with 3 games left and we'll easily overhaul them then.

Lawrenson said in his prediction that he was there last week and that the atmosphere before the game was weird. It is going to be ten times worse this weekend. It isn't about whether they sing or whatever, it's just that everyone can sense the fans nerves regardless. That will translate to the players who will already be feeling the pressure and who will be scared of being the player who fucks up.

That means they are getting nervous. Simple as. Ironically, they don't want a fox in amongst the chickens, unsettling them. As the week has gone on the more I am convinced that they are going to drop points against Swansea. Swansea have game changers like Siggy and they don't need to worry like usual about Vardy's pace and clinical finishing. I could see them winning it actually, with Huth or Morgan getting sent off and a penalty given - they'll be under scrutiny now in a way they haven't faced before, and I think other referees will a) want to back up their colleague by showing again that Leicester are cheats and b) they won't want the criticism of not having control of the game like Moss, so they will deal with any grappling, shirt pulling etc., nice and early. Swansea to win 2-1 in my opinion. We'll blow West Brom away, no doubt about that. The gap will be just 2 points with 3 games left and we'll easily overhaul them then.

Lawrenson said in his prediction that he was there last week and that the atmosphere before the game was weird. It is going to be ten times worse this weekend. It isn't about whether they sing or whatever, it's just that everyone can sense the fans nerves regardless. That will translate to the players who will already be feeling the pressure and who will be scared of being the player who fucks up.
The atmosphere was subdued because all the happy clappers were damp?
Are we listening to Lawrenson now-I hope he has it spot on? He is probably right but I feel LC will get the 3 points and so should we. The following week will be crucial week.

Back
Top Bottom