AVB'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArtyB said:
Dannyboy said:
penpen said:
Out of curiosity -- does anyone remember what the mood like when Ramos was announced, and how we felt about the caliber of players we were signing at the time, and how it compares to AVB/Vertonghen/Sigurdsson (potentially)/etc.

There was, amongst the Spurs fans I know a lot of sadness that Jol had gone, perhaps more due to the circumstances (that match where he knew he had been fired was horrible - it felt like a wake in the stadium...well, not a wake - that would be silly). Ramos came with a good pedigree in Spain and, as with any new appointment there is anticipation of something potentially great coupled with the sense that we are going backward again.

This feels different because we have a better team in many ways and much greater ability to attract players of the calibre required.

I was really excited especially when we won the Carling Cup...soon turned to shit though...so I refuse to get as excited again...
This is how I feel. I think that unless Jose Mourinho had showed up today to take over there is too much risk to get over excited. I am not convinced yet that AVB is an upgrade on Harry, rather that he is at the same level, and I'm not convinced he is wirth sacking Harry over.

So, for me, it's gonna be one match at a time. Let the ginger one prove himself to us.

AVB'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY

I'm getting more and more excited about this appointment as the day goes on. Then again im on the piss so that might have something to do with it. Didn't he look so cute in his wee Spurs training kit on the website?!

Having to purge myself of telly and radio. The media bias is fucking ridiculous today, perhaps it won't work, perhaps he'll win the quad but it's his first official day at the club and pretty much every media outlet is taking potshots.

"AVB failed at Chelsea" Big whoop Di Matteo got sacked by pissing WBA. Cappello won multiple league titles around Europe, oh he fucked up the England job though so he must be shit too. Del Bosque failed at Besiktas, what an utter melt.

I hope and pray that AVB steamrolls the league because I'm sick and fucking tired of the endless bullshit media pressure that gets heaped on us and I want (for us too) to enjoy him shoving EVERY single negative word, report and comment so far down the media's throats that they shit AVB accolades.

Stanners said:
Sky bet AVB specials for next season:

Beat Chelsea in both league games 14/1

Finish higher than Chelsea 2/1

Win a major trophy 5/1

Good odds considering that Drogba won't be there to torment us any more.

bensonrecon said:
Having to purge myself of telly and radio. The media bias is fucking ridiculous today, perhaps it won't work, perhaps he'll win the quad but it's his first official day at the club and pretty much every media outlet is taking potshots.

"AVB failed at Chelsea" Big whoop Di Matteo got sacked by pissing WBA. Cappello won multiple league titles around Europe, oh he fucked up the England job though so he must be shit too. Del Bosque failed at Besiktas, what an utter melt.

I hope and pray that AVB steamrolls the league because I'm sick and fucking tired of the endless bullshit media pressure that gets heaped on us and I want (for us too) to enjoy him shoving EVERY single negative word, report and comment so far down the media's throats that they shit AVB accolades.

They're Harry's mates so it'll be like this for a while.

Blanchflower said:
Pretty shit odds, but I think we probably will - Di Matteo won't do well long term

Don't let any chelscum hear that. The one little thing I can enjoy about the fact they won the CL is the fact they all now believe unquestioningly that they are about to go on a romp and smash the league. They honestly think Di Matteo has shown that potential. A handful of excellent cup results has convinced them he's a top level manager.

S.L.R said:
Blanchflower said:
Pretty shit odds, but I think we probably will - Di Matteo won't do well long term

Don't let any chelscum hear that. The one little thing I can enjoy about the fact they won the CL is the fact they all now believe unquestioningly that they are about to go on a romp and smash the league. They honestly think Di Matteo has shown that potential. A handful of excellent cup results has convinced them he's a top level manager.

'results' being the key word......the performances were pretty woeful

ArtyB said:
Stanners said:
Sky bet AVB specials for next season:

Beat Chelsea in both league games 14/1

Finish higher than Chelsea 2/1

Win a major trophy 5/1

Good odds considering that Drogba won't be there to torment us any more.

The best thing about Drogba going is, Di Matteo will have to use Torres. Abramovich will want that, he still hasn't had a return on that outlay...I just hope Torres doesn't hit any form soon.

But fuck Chelsea. Fuck Woolwich and fuck all the haters in the media!

The press have their own agenda, they love Harry, they love the way he'd sit down, get comfortable and chat about anything and everything. They didn't warm to AVB, he was too austere and the Great British media don't like that.

So we sack Harry for what appears to be blatantly obvious reasons, and Levy becomes the biggest supervillian since Lex Luthor and Spurs are heading for the 'dark ages'. (though personally I feel the dark ages are a significant improvement on the jurassic period) The media have a field day while a manager they like to pick on goes to the evilest club in the land.

I want this to work with AVB. I want to be the one laughing at the end of the day when it transpires his Porto success was no fluke and he is, in fact, a football genius. I want Levy to have got it right, I want our all our player purchases to be a massive success', I want siverware and titles for years to come, I want a youth academy producing the best young talent around, I want a new staduim and the moon on a stick.

Is that too much to ask?

Blanchflower said:
S.L.R said:
Blanchflower said:

'results' being the key word......the performances were pretty woeful

Agreed, except for my personal choice for joint darkest day of the season - that cunt FA Cup game.

As long as he doesnt play that suicidally high back 4 then im happy.

I think Sandro will be getting a lot more games now which has to be a good thing

Back
Top Bottom