The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeh I am proud to be spurs too, always have been. The pressure did get to us when we should have won. Not critising the team but this kind of thing happens to us a lot when we are at crunch times in whatever we may be going for. To say because we have never been top or 2nd thats why we shouldn't be disappointed is wrong. Leicester and spurs position has been helped by the big boys falling flat this year. May not get this close again.

I hope we can finish 2nd. The 3 points also would have guaranteed us at least 4th but that's still a concern if we let this result get to us. Just hope poch can get em up for the last 3 games whatever the Leicester result

What do you mean me may not get this close again? You're obviously not seeing what I am seeing. We've got the best defence, best attack, youngest squad, a progressive highly likeable coach, stadium development. We are building and we can only get better with another year's experience with this side. We're about to get CL proper, not qualification. That will be a big attraction when going to get players this summer.

The supposed 'big boys' have all got major rebuilding to do still, we will still be there next year.

Yeah - not sure we have any ex-player close enough to the club with gravitas to pull it off.

This is where United / Liverpool / Scum excel.....they've each got half a dozen doing their bit in the media.

Perhaps someone like Jenas who is building a good media career? Imagine if Carragher or Neville came out and said you know what as 'professionals' we'd never say such things.

Sorry-Not up with the thing?

In all honesty, I'd rather see Newcastle go down for their shocking treatment of Alan Pardew and their terrible treatment of Jonas Gutierrez. The Adam Johnson thing was iffy on Sunderland's part, but they needed to back their player as innocent until proven guilty, just like the law does. Sunderland have been struggling for years but I don't hate them. Newcastle deserve to drop twice because their owner is a cunt and so are their fans.

In all honesty, I'd rather see Newcastle go down for their shocking treatment of Alan Pardew and their terrible treatment of Jonas Gutierrez. The Adam Johnson thing was iffy on Sunderland's part, but they needed to back their player as innocent until proven guilty, just like the law does. Sunderland have been struggling for years but I don't hate them. Newcastle deserve to drop twice because their owner is a cunt and so are their fans.

Pardew the victim? That's a bit different? :pocheyes:

Pardew the victim? That's a bit different? :pocheyes:

Honestly, the way the fans treated him and were calling for his head before he sent them on a very good run of form was disgusting. I'm not a huge Pardew fan but no manager needs that treatment from the fans when they have a chairman like that stepping all over their toes. I'm surprised he didn't take a shit on the centre circle of St James Park before going to Palace.

Honestly, the way the fans treated him and were calling for his head before he sent them on a very good run of form was disgusting. I'm not a huge Pardew fan but no manager needs that treatment from the fans when they have a chairman like that stepping all over their toes. I'm surprised he didn't take a shit on the centre circle of St James Park before going to Palace.

His run of form would be followed by very, very poor runs of form. They weren't complaining the year he got them 5th. However after that there is a rinse and repeat cycle, have a run of good results followed by falling away badly.

Look at the state of Palace now, he seems to have teflon coat to critcism. Although those 'alledged' new tabloid stories probably not helping.

Is it any different to how Woolwich fans are treating Wenger now?

His run of form would be followed by very, very poor runs of form. They weren't complaining the year he got them 5th. However after that there is a rinse and repeat cycle, have a run of good results followed by falling away badly.

Look at the state of Palace now, he seems to have teflon coat to critcism. Although those 'alledged' new tabloid stories probably not helping.

My best friend is an Woolwich fan, as much as that pains me to say. I've asked him about it and the general feeling among fans is that Wenger is still very good for them as a club. He's been a great manager and a better servant, but his transfer dealings, especially with more defensive minded players is definitely lacking. He got much less stick than Pardew did for Newcastle, but the point I'm making is Pardew very much struggled because of Mike Ashley. Yet the fans were very vocal about their detest of Pardew, then he starts winning and they start signing his praises.

My best friend is an Woolwich fan, as much as that pains me to say. I've asked him about it and the general feeling among fans is that Wenger is still very good for them as a club. He's been a great manager and a better servant, but his transfer dealings, especially with more defensive minded players is definitely lacking. He got much less stick than Pardew did for Newcastle, but the point I'm making is Pardew very much struggled because of Mike Ashley. Yet the fans were very vocal about their detest of Pardew, then he starts winning and they start signing his praises.

I think Pardew struggled because of his comments and actions, there is a litany events and charges against him. I'm not sure that is wholly down to Ashley who seemed to pretty much back him in the face of a lot of negativity from their own fan base.

Part of me would like Poch to come out with a Fergie vs Keegan type rant about the lack of integrity of the league / teams not trying against Leicester.

It would be classless and against his character, but it kind of needs to be said - and there would be no way anyone could say it isn't true given Hazard and Fabregas' comments.

We have dropped points at home in games we were leading in (newcastle, Woolwich, west brom). 7 points dropped right there. West Brom also took points off Leicester. Yes Leicester beat us but the games where they were a goal up they saw through til the end where as we seem to always need to score 2-3 to win games. Sometimes just need to ditch the pretty football and dig deep, keep the ball at the other end and just keep it. We can't do it. Great season but maybe we will learn from this

Part of me would like Poch to come out with a Fergie vs Keegan type rant about the lack of integrity of the league / teams not trying against Leicester.

It would be classless and against his character, but it kind of needs to be said - and there would be no way anyone could say it isn't true given Hazard and Fabregas' comments.
Talksport are trying their best to highlight the point but no one is willing to listen?

Pardew also was a complete thundercunt regarding Gutierrez, just like Ashley. That alone damns the man in my view, although his shite management would also do so.

My best friend is an Woolwich fan, as much as that pains me to say. I've asked him about it and the general feeling among fans is that Wenger is still very good for them as a club.
I hear the opposite from Woolwich fans-especially after LC this season. They want change, they can see it happening at Chavs/City/Liverpool and us .They don't care about top 4 because they always fail and as with us EL, It just gets in the way of PL form. They seem fed and and need a new era to start. Hopefully ours is happening and stay behind.

I hear the opposite from Woolwich fans-especially after LC this season. They want change, they can see it happening at Chavs/City/Liverpool and us .They don't care about top 4 because they always fail and as with us EL, It just gets in the way of PL form. They seem fed and and need a new era to start. Hopefully ours is happening and stay behind.

I can only repeat what I've heard. He goes to plenty of matches and has plenty of friends who are also fans of the club. As much as a loud minority cry Wenger out, a large amount of them realise that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I can only repeat what I've heard. He goes to plenty of matches and has plenty of friends who are also fans of the club. As much as a loud minority cry Wenger out, a large amount of them realise that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
A few years ago, that was the opinion I believe . Now I hear from fans that go, the opposite-they seem fed up and short changed. We all know if AW stay they will not improve.

images

Is your friend black?
Does your friend wear glasses?
Does your friend drown in Woolwich merchandise?
a-very-angry-claude-demands-chan-310x310.jpg

Back
Top Bottom