How will spurs do when the season returns?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Respectfully disagree mate, we were nowhere near as bad as we were just before covid came knocking.

our defence was shit obviously but we were scoring goals and winning games. Before son got injured we were on a run of 4-5 wins I think?

Then he crocked it right before the Chelsea game when our dire form picked up again.

Agree with this. That Villa game was the turning of the tide. We were on a good run, a last minute winner boosted confidence. We should have been out of site other than for some sloppy finishing earlier in the game. The Son injury fucked us massively.

With all injured players back, and defenders actually having some proper training with JM, I think we will see an improvement.

We've had a chance to get Ndombele match fit and ready, Davies back to full fitness. Son, Kane, Sissoko and Bergwign are back from season ending injuries, Dele was playing injured. These things can't go unrecognised. We are coming back a lot stronger than other teams.

I think the Prem will be much more likely to call off the season after the two games required by the dippers to win it. If only they didn't choke the last month of football we wouldn't even be talking about it.

I’ll be fucking choked when they win it

Agree with this. That Villa game was the turning of the tide. We were on a good run, a last minute winner boosted confidence. We should have been out of site other than for some sloppy finishing earlier in the game. The Son injury fucked us massively.

With all injured players back, and defenders actually having some proper training with JM, I think we will see an improvement.

We've had a chance to get Ndombele match fit and ready, Davies back to full fitness. Son, Kane, Sissoko and Bergwign are back from season ending injuries, Dele was playing injured. These things can't go unrecognised. We are coming back a lot stronger than other teams.
I agree that time spent on the training ground with Jose should work wonders for the team, but also other clubs in most cases are getting fully fit squads back, do it's kind of hourses for courses.

I agree that time spent on the training ground with Jose should work wonders for the team, but also other clubs in most cases are getting fully fit squads back, do it's kind of hourses for courses.

Even playing field yeh, but the playing field couldn't have really got much more fucked for us, so we have more to gain than most in that respect.

Last edited:
Is the final weekend being staggered too or are all kicking off at the same time as usual? It will literally kick off if all relegation and/or CL places haven’t been settled by then.

I'm only interested in our games, and I'm not happy that I can't watch our home games at the stadium. Selfish I know, but to me, football is a spectator sport, and if there's no spectators, then suspend the season until it's safe for them to attend.

Mrs P take a First Aid course..then take your seat on the bench?
If anyone questions you just reply "Do you know who I am?"

If we have everyone fit we will be much better. The question for me is whether we will be good enough to make it to Champions League or Europa League.

If we have everyone fit we will be much better. The question for me is whether we will be good enough to make it to Champions League or Europa League.
Even if we won every match we'd only have about a 70-80% chance to finish 4th IMO. Best we can really hope for is 5th and see if the City ban sticks or not.

I am hopeful that we will be much better when things start up again with a fully fit squad. But what I am not sure about is how we will perform in a quiet stadium which I guess gives Woolwich an unfair advantage considering they play in a library every other week

Back
Top Bottom