Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A £15m striker who can play alongside Kane for us and "deserves a place in the XI" ? Good luck with that.
They are out there if A) a team actually has scouts and B) there is a willingness to make Kane compete for his supper. Not sure either of those exist at Spurs. Marcus Thuram went to BMG for 9M last summer from a relegated, skint, and desparate to sell Guingamp. Now of course the complaint would be that he would cost too much.

I personally feel that there has never been a true desire for a top class (in actual level or potential) CF to come here and compete with Harry.

I cannot articulate how much I hate this kind of ITK. Literally the most obvious fucking thing to guess and would also give them an 'out' because the club could always take a couple of days longer to announce it and they can still insist the medical was on Monday.

And don't forget that this kind of bullshit gets lapped up uncritically, lest Kim Jong Admin puts them up against the wall.

Spot on, that cunt A&C had me banned three times now, and i'm still back in there to lap up the comedy. All because i dared to laugh out at their "ITK" bollocks.

They have a firewall that a five year old could find a way around.

You’re beyond deluded and most likely a gooner troll

Apologies - Kane, Dembele, Erikesen, Vertonghen, and Walker weren’t at the club when he arrived.

And It wasn’t a director of football model that signed Ali, Dier, Son and Alderwield.

No it was all Pochettino - Newcastle don’t need to spend money all they need to do is let’s Poch turn them into world class stars.

The delusion of some on here is quite something. They have turned Brendan Rodgers into Jurgen Klopp with Mauricio.

Well that isn't true at all though.

He wasn't aided in any way by effective scouting. How the hell could anyone think the garbage we had coming in for him was anything close to effective. The only thing worse than the zero guys Levy brought in for two transfer windows might have been the cheap crap he skimped out on when he did blow the dust off his wallet.

Right - Ali, Son and Alderwield and the fruits of the previous regime.

When he gained greater control over this funnily enough our recruiting when to shit.

Right - Ali, Son and Alderwield and the fruits of the previous regime.

When he gained greater control over this funnily enough our recruiting when to shit.

No our recruiting is the same shit is has always been under Levy.

When you shop at the bottom of the barrel because the owner is a cheap cunt that won't risk his bonus being slightly cut, you get bottom barrel talent.

We are lucky Poch was able to get a lot out of many of those guys. I won't fault him for getting nothing out of guys that showed nothing before getting here and nothing after leaving either.

Stories abound about Coutinho agreeing personal terms with the Woolwich and plans for him to join on loan. He has to stay with Bayern though until their CL campaign is over which would be Aug 23rd if they get to the final.

No our recruiting is the same shit is has always been under Levy.

When you shop at the bottom of the barrel because the owner is a cheap cunt that won't risk his bonus being slightly cut, you get bottom barrel talent.

We are lucky Poch was able to get a lot out of many of those guys. I won't fault him for getting nothing out of guys that showed nothing before getting here and nothing after leaving either.

Bottom of the barrel talent - Berbatov, Modric, Bale, VDV, Lloris, Son, Eriksen, Alderwield , Vertonghen, Dembele just to name a few.

But it was all Poch just like it was all Redknapp before right. It’s exactly the same - Redknapp inherited the likes of Modric, Bale, King, Lennon, Dawson and was made to look better than his talent and it’s exactly the same with Pochettino.

What was Mauricio’s best achievement prior to joining us again? 8th place with Southampton. But it was all him right - absolutely hilarious.

They are out there if A) a team actually has scouts and B) there is a willingness to make Kane compete for his supper. Not sure either of those exist at Spurs. Marcus Thuram went to BMG for 9M last summer from a relegated, skint, and desparate to sell Guingamp. Now of course the complaint would be that he would cost too much.

I personally feel that there has never been a true desire for a top class (in actual level or potential) CF to come here and compete with Harry.

The bolded is such horseshit that makes so little sense. I never understand Spurs fans that hate Kane.

Thuram could have come in here last year and wouldn't have come close to coming with Kane, because he is not close to him in talent.

That isn't to shit on Thuram who is fine but there are few strikers that would be able to compete with a world class talent like Kane.

Its why Bayern never has anyone who competes with Lewandoski, why even having Jesus nobody competes with Aguero, why Benezema continues to start week after week despite RM bringing in guys to compete with him.

Bottom of the barrel talent - Berbatov, Modric, Bale, VDV, Lloris, Son, Eriksen, Alderwield , Vertonghen, Dembele just to name a few.

But it was all Poch just like it was all Redknapp before right. It’s exactly the same - Redknapp inherited the likes of Modric, Bale, King, Lennon, Dawson and was made to look better than his talent and it’s exactly the same with Pochettino.

What was Mauricio’s best achievement prior to joining us again? 8th place with Southampton. But it was all him right - absolutely hilarious.
Love this logic

Let's get Tactics Tim back. I mean the manager clearly doesn't matter lol

Time will eventually be the judge of his managerial abilities and the clock is definitely ticking.

Back
Top Bottom