Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have already shown it multiple times in the thread by pointing out what happened in the games we played since the break.

Sorry reading is so difficult for you.
So you stand by the claim we created nothing....which you have confirmed more than once already.....despite us scoring goals?

Wow, you talk about cherry picking, whilst conveniently ignoring this fact.

"With 25 points from their last 24 games, Tottenham have been in relegation-battling form for the last nine months. "

Nine months under Poch, which is in effect a whole season.

Edit: This is an unarguable fact, which can not be disputed or argued about. If you can't accept that then there is something seriously wrong. I loved Poch, didn't want him sacked, was gutted when he was but even I could understand the reason for it.

Would that be our first away win in the PL for 11 months, oh that’s right it was wasn’t it

Another BS sound bite that people love to point to.

Who cares how long it was since our last away victory, they don't count anymore than home victories. And Jose did his fair share of losing both home and away.

He has shown he is fine losing home or away or I imagine if we play at a neutral site I am sure he will be fine losing there as well.

"With 25 points from their last 24 games, Tottenham have been in relegation-battling form for the last nine months. "

Edit: This is an unarguable fact, which can not be disputed or argued about. If you can't accept that then there is something seriously wrong. I loved Poch, didn't want him sacked, was gutted when he was but even I could understand the reason for it.

Don’t bother, I’m out with this weirdo.
Apparently it’s ok to go five years without an away win because it’s only 3pts like at home

When we were ever in a relegation battle under Poch? Not once. Not even remotely close.

Jose was here for the majority of the season and got us to 6th. He had more than enough time to get us to top 4 but couldn't.

Poch's start had nothing to do with us scoring 0 against Bournemouth, nothing to do with drawing Burnley, twice losing to Chelsea with a chance to pass them. Poch had zero to do with Jose being unable to defeat Norwich in the FA Cup despite being a serial winner or that we were blown out by RB in the CL.

The idea that under Jose were winning ugly is crap. Under Jose we were average at best. We lost/drew plenty of games we should have won and lost the "big" games he was supposedly brought in to win.

Sure it wasn't great under Poch at the end but shitting on Poch doesn't change the reality of what we were under Jose.

Don’t bother, I’m out with this weirdo.
Apparently it’s ok to go five years without an away win because it’s only 3pts like at home

Who said it was ok to go five years without an away win?

As always with you feel free to show the quote.

We finished top 4 under Poch when most of the lack of away wins happened. That is a useless stat that is used to try and diminish the fact that we did have success under Poch even at the end when he was supposedly so bad.

But much like bringing up the "serial winner" BS the Jose lovers love to bring up garbage like this to distract from what actually happens on the field because by doing that their man looks bad.

Did you read my edit in my last post re Poch ?

You're cherry picking is outstanding.

I'm out

I saw your edit but it really has nothing to do with Jose playing ugly but winning.

I have also said I was fine with Poch being fired. I hated it but it was the right decision at the time.

That doesn't change that the team has not looked any better with Jose in charge than they did with Poch at the end. It doesn't change that Jose isn't "winning" or that we should accept his style because of the results because the results have been poor.

I saw your edit but it really has nothing to do with Jose playing ugly but winning.

I have also said I was fine with Poch being fired. I hated it but it was the right decision at the time.

That doesn't change that the team has not looked any better with Jose in charge than they did with Poch at the end. It doesn't change that Jose isn't "winning" or that we should accept his style because of the results because the results have been poor.
But they have been better than under Poch's last 9 months

But they have been better than under Poch's last 9 months

Poch routinely finished top 4 so no they haven’t.

They were slightly better than the worst stretch under Poch.

They still went out early to a weaker team in the FA, failed to reach top 4, failed to win the big games to get into top 4 and were easily defeated by a 2nd tier team in CL.

Poch routinely finished top 4 so no they haven’t.

They were slightly better than the worst stretch under Poch.

They still went out early to a weaker team in the FA, failed to reach top 4, failed to win the big games to get into top 4 and were easily defeated by a 2nd tier team in CL.

WTF man?

If we were doing as well as poch at his best, he would still be manager and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
We sacked him because he downed tools and was dragging the team into the bottom half of the table.
We compare Mourinho's PPG to Poch's over this season and it's higher.
That's the only measure.

Poch 12 games 14 points, 14th position and on a downward trajectory. 1.16 ppg
Mourinho - 26 games 45 points, 6th position, steadily upward trajectory, 1.7 ppg

There was also a noticeable rise in the number of clean sheets. Mourinho also achieved a higher PPG ration without Kane for a chunk of that. In fact, he had more injury problems than Poch had but achieved a higher PPG.

So really, in every fair comparison, it was an improvement. and that's with him having started a season in November when a lot of damage had already been done to the squad, the confidence and the morale.

Poch 12 games 14 points, 14th position and on a downward trajectory. 1.16 ppg
Mourinho - 26 games 45 points, 6th position, steadily upward trajectory, 1.7 ppg

There was also a noticeable rise in the number of clean sheets. Mourinho also achieved a higher PPG ration without Kane for a chunk of that. In fact, he had more injury problems than Poch had but achieved a higher PPG.

So really, in every fair comparison, it was an improvement. and that's with him having started a season in November when a lot of damage had already been done to the squad, the confidence and the morale.
Can we not do this again :avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom