Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Points dropped by teams around us. Win for redemption from (various) Anfield injustices. Chance to gain momentum and get in to the top 4. Liverpool in poor form.

Therefore, this is a nailed on draw or narrow defeat for me. As is our way.

Hope I'm wrong.

3-1 Spurs (any ref/VAR bollocks aside)

Tanguy to run shit. Son and Bergwijn have Arnold's number he can't defend for shit. Kane smells blood.

Tits- calm them.

Liverpool in Dire form.

Dr Tottenham turning up tonight like

vince mcmahon GIF

I hope we play 3-4-3 with Højbjerg and Ndombele in the middle. Like against Sheffield United. Also hope Davies is ok enough to play. And I hope Sissoko starts on the bench, we can't keep playing with ten players and Sissoko when we have the ball, we might as well give it away and let them have another go.

If we have no natural left back then back 5 is the way to go so whoever plays LWB doesn't need to do as much defending. May mean less control in midfield but i suspect that's the plan/how it will go anyway. Could switch to 3-4-3 when we have the ball..

I would be delerious if we do to Liverpool what we did to City

If that means having Hoijberg and GOAT protecting the back 4 then fine.
If that means letting them have the ball and let them play with it in front of our back 6, fine.
If that means we get 3 or 4 really good chances and we takle omse, then fine.

A win here is more important than bragging abuot posession. It'll put us back in the top 4 and back within reaching distance of other teams.
We'll be above both West Ham and Liverpoool with games in hand.

All I really want is to see less brain farts. Dier, Aurier, everyone need to focus, do their job, keep Liverpool outside the box, not concede free kicks in the danger zone and we'll be fine,

Wish we were in the ground for this game.

Think I would have slipped out of work early, and headed up there on the Victoria Line around 4pm and cracked on the beers. These are just some of the things I miss at the moment.

Come on Tottenham!

Genuine predictions guys ? Without your Tottenham head on. I’m going to unfortunately go 1-3 Liverpool. Just can’t see anything other than a Pool win

We were going toe-to-toe against them last time we met.
Their confidence was higher and they were doing better back then. Plus we played at Anfield.

And even then, if Bergwijn would have put away even 50% of his brilliant chances we would have escaped at least with a draw.

I don't quite get the pessimism. I am not expecting that we would walk all over them nor that it will be an easy game to win. But combining what I mentioned earlier with the fact that some of our players have got 8 days of rest, and all key players came on during 2nd half in FA cup - I'd say we have all the chances of getting a result here.

COYS! Lets go, lets fight and lets give our all!

There is absolutely no reason why we can’t win this game in terms of the ability of our players and the fact that Liverpool are on a bad run. Two things worry me. Firstly I don’t want to see us sit back as this will give Liverpool confidence and secondly our players have to be mentally strong. We seem to lose the game in our heads against the dippers before we have stepped onto the pitch lately

Back
Top Bottom