Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England win percentage with Big Sam

100 %

England win percentage with Alf Ramsey

61 %

Simple as.
You sound excited by that big Sam win percentage there buddy. Maybe you'd appreciate Winks a little more if you were previously aware that he currently has a 90% win ratio in appearances for England. A tidy ratio for goal contributions to boot!

Your memory is playing tricks! I said that Matt Le Tissier said that he didn't think PEH was the player that would take us to the next level, but that he may improve with better players. I wouldn't make such an assessment on a player I knew nothing about. I admit I wasn't too impressed by him on his debut (don't think anyone was) but think he has become a key player for us in a relatively short time.
Lol I'm pulling your leg I seriously didn't rate him. Watched at Saints against us live like three times watched three times for us. I just didn't get it. Not going to lie. However I am confident my championing of Tanguy when a large posse want him run out of town more than makes up for it.

As someone asked:

Win percentage of league games involving Harry Winks starting since 2018/19:

50%

Win percentage of league games in which Harry Winks hasn't started since 2018/19:

49%

You really do need to factor in that a significant amount of occasions the win was only achieved after substituting off Winks with us drawing or even losing, and turning them into wins without him. Think as obvious example Villa at home, 1 down with him on, replace him with Eriksen, win 3-1

And on the reverse side have been a few games where we have been winning where he didn't start (for example we brought him on at 3 up against West Ham) where he has not helped us, and in that game hindered us in holding out, and helped turn a certain win, into something else.

The occasions where he has had the opposite effect (bring him on and we get something out of it, or take him off from winning position and we don't win, are few and far between)

I believe that on points per game of all our players last season, for the period they were on pitch (i.e. take the goals scored/conceded purely for period they were on pitch), only Tanganga fared worse than Winks.

I have, and never seen him sent off.

You are criticising him for multiple sending offs when he has zero.

You believe in magic.
Show me where I said he'd been sent off?
I said something along the lines of him being lucky to have never been sent off because his tackles are dirty, dangerous clumsy and generally embarassing.

You really do need to factor in that a significant amount of occasions the win was only achieved after substituting off Winks with us drawing or even losing, and turning them into wins without him. Think as obvious example Villa at home, 1 down with him on, replace him with Eriksen, win 3-1

And on the reverse side have been a few games where we have been winning where he didn't start (for example we brought him on at 3 up against West Ham) where he has not helped us, and in that game hindered us in holding out, and helped turn a certain win, into something else.

The occasions where he has had the opposite effect (bring him on and we get something out of it, or take him off from winning position and we don't win, are few and far between)

I believe that on points per game of all our players last season, for the period they were on pitch (i.e. take the goals scored/conceded purely for period they were on pitch), only Tanganga fared worse than Winks.

I remember the Villa game well. We were shocking when he was on. The press got hold of it and turned it into a "Spurs needed Eriksen to win the game" story but tbh, anyone who passed forwards in that game would have turned the tables. Winks was so negative. Every pass went back to the CB over and over.
As soon as Eriksen came in, the ball started going forward more often than not and we opened them up with ease

Show me where I said he'd been sent off?
I said something along the lines of him being lucky to have never been sent off because his tackles are dirty, dangerous clumsy and generally embarassing.
If my aunt had bollocks, she'd be my uncle.

TatteredRealAfricanwilddog.webp

As someone asked:

Win percentage of league games involving Harry Winks starting since 2018/19:

50%

Win percentage of league games in which Harry Winks hasn't started since 2018/19:

49%
That’s because we’ve been dogshit in central midfield ever since dembele left (although PEH is an improvement). So whether or not he’s playing, he’s just replaced by another mediocre player.

Since the start of 2018/2019:

8 losses came whilst Winks was on for full 90.

2 losses came after Winks was subbed off.

22 wins came with Winks on for full 90.

3 wins came after Winks was subbed off.

Since 2018/19:

1 game we've failed to win when Winks was subbed on whilst we were winning.

0 games where where we were winning when subbing Winks off and we then failed to win.

So therefore the wins with Winks starting, where he was on the pitch whilst we were winning is 3 games less so roughly 5% less than you stated, so c. 45%,

and wins without him would be 4 games higher than you counted, so about 7% higher so c. 56% then.

This discussion is fascinating.

45% of the readers of thread had an interest after reading the first stat, after 10 posts about Winks winning percentage it is now down to 3%.

:mourcheeks:

So therefore the wins with Winks starting, where Winks was on the pitch whilst we were winning is 3 games so roughly 5% less than you stated, so c. 45%,
and wins without him would be 4 games, so about 7% higher so c. 56% then ?

Winks has started 49 games since the start of 2018/19

We have won 26 of those games, drawn 10 of them and lost 13. (So actually slightly higher than 50%)

Games he hasn't completed out of those 49:

Liverpool (H) - Subbed off on 73rd minute at 0-2 (Lost 1-2)
Man Utd (H) - Subbed off on 81st minute at 0-1 (Lost 0-1)
Burnley (A) - Subbed off on 62nd minute at 1-0 (Lost 2-1)
Aston Villa (H) - Subbed off on 64th minute at 0-1 (Won 3-1)
Man City (A) - Subbed off on 56th minute at 2-1 (Drew 2-2)
Crystal Palace (H) - Subbed off on 67th minute at 4-0 (Won 4-0)
Watford (H) - Subbed off on 70th minute at 0-1 (Drew 1-1)
Liverpool (A) - Subbed off on 63rd minute at 1-1 (Lost 2-1)
Man Utd (A) - Subbed off on 70th minute at 2-1 (Lost 2-1)
Brighton (H) - Subbed off on 68th minute at 1-1 (Won 2-1)
Norwich (H) - Subbed off on 56th minute at 1-0 (Won 2-1)
Everton (H) - Subbed off on 60th minute at 0-1 (Lost 0-1)
Leeds (H) - Subbed off on 76th minute at 3-0 (Won 3-0)
Fulham (H) - Subbed off on 75th minute at 1-1 (Drew 1-1)

Back
Top Bottom