Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Potter is a positive man manager
I think he's fantastic, I wouldn't be terrified if he was made Spurs manager. However, I'd rather a manager that is even more proven, Nagglesmann is simply more proven than Potter, he is doing a better job than Potter with a similar profile squad (challenging for Bundesliga Title and semi-Finals of CL).

All the best managers get rid of the flawed players who don't buy into their winning mentality and get ones that do or make an effort to do so. It's easy these days for lazy players who get huge paychecks each week to gang up and get rid of a manager rather than make a bit of effort to buy into their winning philosophy. They know that whatever happens the owners will get rid of the manager first.
It helps when they all think the manager is a dinosaur cunt, kind of gives them a common cause.

But if you really think footballers actually turn up to their jobs every day and plan and scheme this way, then you need a tinfoil hat my friend.

1. Your name is extremely stupid especially during a World Pandemic.
2. It being the opposite approach does not mean it was the correct one you can be unhappy about pushing your body too hard and you can also be unhappy about the opposite.
1. I signed up to this forum before the plandemic occurred.
2. They come across as whingeing pricks tbh. I'm sure if it were somewhere in the middle, they would also complain.

They don’t care mate. It’s so so obvious. Harry is the only one who has any kind of professionalism about him for 90 minutes, every single match. You can add Loris to that.

The rest are absolute losers that I won’t miss for one bit.

Biggest letdown for me has been Bale. What a waster.
Would add Sonny to the list of professionals too, but yeah, agree.

I think he's fantastic, I wouldn't be terrified if he was made Spurs manager. However, I'd rather a manager that is even more proven, Nagglesmann is simply more proven than Potter, he is doing a better job than Potter with a similar profile squad (challenging for Bundesliga Title and semi-Finals of CL).

You had me until you said similar profile squad...

That does not compute.

Probably the blueprint for how a club creates talent in RBS/RBL. They have a host of players that will be sniped, including two young CBs. They have talent everywhere and that is why they are competing. Of course Julian is a huge role in that, but that side is not Brighton

His win rate was about 45 and the good perfomances can be counted on one hand. We have played some terrible football and the fans/squad is split in half. He couldn't organise the defence.

He was lucky there were no fans to watch his shocking brand of football. He sucked the life out of Spurs.

He did some good things too, but for the money he was supposed to do a bit more. 3/10.
Everything you mentioned should be a reason to sack Mourinho after the season - or at least after the final on Saturday. It seems to exist a personal vendetta against Jose in the sense that, at some point, the club decided not to give him a chance to win a title before his tenure was over. Now, I´m not saying Spurs would be favorites against City if Jose was still in charge, obviously.

But, when a club without a title for 13 years fire a manager 5 days before a final, the situation is very clear: the club´s priority is not winning that competition.

Everything you mentioned should be a reason to sack Mourinho after the season - or at least after the final on Saturday. It seems to exist a personal vendetta against Jose in the sense that, at some point, the club decided not to give Jose a chance to win a title before his tenure was over. Now, I´m not saying Spurs would be favorites against City if Joe was still in charge, obviously.

But, when a club without a title for 13 years fire a manager 5 days before a final, the situation is very clear: the club´s priority is not winning the competition.
That’s not clear at all. The team has looked totally lost. On one side you have the (past) serial winner and on the other side a team that looked finished. Now, we are hoping for a boost. Of course we want to win!

That’s not clear at all. The team has looked totally lost. On one side you have the (past) serial winner and on the other side a team that looked finished. Now, we are hoping for a boost. Of course we want to win!
Apart from the ESL, what happened after Everton that didn´t happen after United, Newcastle or, let´s face it, Dinamo? Why sack him just five days - and not 15, 20 or 30 days - before the final?

Say what you want about Jose, but he has won 12 of his 14 finals. And he was hired to win titles. So, according to you, as an strategy to win this final, the club fired a manager with his CV, who has brought the club to this final, 5 days before the game?

Let´s just agree to disagree, because it honestly makes no sense in my opinion.

You had me until you said similar profile squad...

That does not compute.

Probably the blueprint for how a club creates talent in RBS/RBL. They have a host of players that will be sniped, including two young CBs. They have talent everywhere and that is why they are competing. Of course Julian is a huge role in that, but that side is not Brighton
You said the same thing about the RBL squad when Hasenhuttl was their manager? (who I think is also good but has some big question marks over him)?

Good managers have average players turned into talked about players, that's what makes then good managers. When Poch went to Southampton people were seriously talking about Font & Lovern as contenders for best CB in the prem!! Had Lambert talked about as one of the best strikers, shaw LB, Clyn, ...most bought for millions by LFC but all bar Lallana (who's had massive injury problems) struggled after their moves. Not all of the great Monaco side that won the Legaue went on to perform as well as they did for Monaco. Same as seen by some in Poch Spurs team.

When a manager has his team playing better than the sum of it's parts the players within that system get lorded, some deservedly so, some because they are a product of that system.

Agree about the blueprint, but that blueprint isn't wholly about the manager, he too becomes a product of the system (which was orchestrated by Rangnick).

Apart from the ESL, what happened after Everton that didn´t happen after United, Newcastle or, let´s face it, Dinamo? Why sack him just five days - and not 15, 20 or 30 days - before the final?

Say what you want about Jose, but he has won 12 of his 14 finals. And he was hired to win titles. So, according to you, as an strategy to win this final, the club fired a manager with his CV, who has brought the club to this final, 5 days before the game?

Let´s just agree to disagree, because it honestly makes no sense in my opinion.
Because he was shite and hopefully it's saved us money

Back
Top Bottom