Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They don’t care mate. It’s so so obvious. Harry is the only one who has any kind of professionalism about him for 90 minutes, every single match. You can add Loris to that.

The rest are absolute losers that I won’t miss for one bit.

Biggest letdown for me has been Bale. What a waster.
Agree.

I'm not upset Jose is gone but some of the details that have emerged confirm what we already knew.

There's a poisonous group of losers within the squad that need to be weeded out.

Apart from the ESL, what happened after Everton that didn´t happen after United, Newcastle or, let´s face it, Dinamo? Why sack him just five days - and not 15, 20 or 30 days - before the final?

Say what you want about Jose, but he has won 12 of his 14 finals. And he was hired to win titles. So, according to you, as an strategy to win this final, the club fired a manager with his CV, who has brought the club to this final, 5 days before the game?

Let´s just agree to disagree, because it honestly makes no sense in my opinion.

You’re looking at it the wrong way. How bad must things have been between manager and players that a sacking was necessary 6 days before a final?

Read what he wrote....
I did thanks. That was how I was able to respond to his post. I was just wondering why it mattered so much that a thread was in a certain place on here. Or at least enough to bother mentioning it. Seems a bit childish to me.

And I doubt that moving this thread will be enough to disassociate Jose from this club. Doubt it would help in any way at all. But maybe a good reason to have a further negative dig. Which I assume is what you are also doing.

Looks like your new leaf has been turning again over the past couple of weeks. Onto ignore you go.

Last edited:
Agree.

I'm not upset Jose is gone but some of the details that have emerged confirm what we already knew.

There's a poisonous group of losers within the squad that need to be weeded out.
100% mate. Will Levy act though?

Not likely.

I’m definitely not looking forward to watching players like Doc, Winks, Sanchez, Dier anymore.

Last edited:
I did thanks. That was how I was able to respond to his post. I was just wondering why it mattered so much that a thread was in a certain place on here. Or at least enough to bother mentioning it. Seems a bit childish to me.

And I doubt that moving this thread will be enough to disassociate Jose from this club. Doubt it would help in any way at all. But maybe a good reason to have a further negative dig. Which I assume is what you are also doing.

Looks like your new leaf has been turning again over the past couple of weeks. Onto ignore you go.
I had no negative dig at you. I wasn't rude. I just suggested you red the post you were responding to again as it seemed clear what he was talking about.
Apologies but maybe dial back the sensitivity settings if you're upset by that?🤔

You’re looking at it the wrong way. How bad must things have been between manager and players that a sacking was necessary 6 days before a final?
I don´t know, I think people are blind. They hate Jose, so everything else it´s fine.

For example, The Athletic said Jose asked his players to eat healthy food and some players got offended by it.

The Athletic also mentioned that, after Jose was fired, players like Tanguy, Bergwijn and Danny Rose (!!!) celebrated his sacking eating McDonalds.

People were laughing about it, like these players are right in their attitude - when actually this is a disgrace from a professional perspective.

Dele Alli was laughing about something after another two points lost against Everton - just after the game. People didn´t care. Winks was also laughing, on the bench, against United.

It´s alright, because Jose is a cunt.

I won´t even mention Kane, Sonny, Lucas, Hojbjerg. Davies, Reguilon, Dier, Tanganga and others who made posts for Jose after his sacking, because it´s a fact that some of the other players clearly didn´t want him, etc. I´m not debating this.

But come on, is the manager wrong when he asks players to stay healthy? Are the players right not to give a fuck?

The same logic, in my opinion, applies to this final. It´s a real chance for the club to win something after 13 years. Think about the year 2034... Anyway, Jose is a manager who has won 12 of his 14 finals, and he was the manager who brought Spurs to this final. Instead of keeping him until the final, the club decided to put someone who is not a manager in his place and just hope for the best.

People are celebrating, like this is a good think. I really don´t think it is.

Last edited:
I don´t know, I think people are blind. They hate Jose, so everything else it´s fine.

For example, The Athletic said Jose asked his players to eat healthy food and some players got offended by it.

The Athletic also mentioned that, after Jose was fired, players like Tanguy, Bergwijn and Danny Rose (!!!) celebrated his sacking eating McDonalds.

Wait, you believed that? That wasn't in the athletic. That was a parody account making a joke (and a borderline racist one).

Jesus, people are so easily fooled.

Wait, you believed that? That wasn't in the athletic. That was a parody account making a joke (and a borderline racist one).

Jesus, people are so easily fooled.
You mean both, or just the McDonalds part?

Jose asked his players not to eat fast food and they got offended by it. That´s still a fact, right?

And it´s still wrong, don´t you think?

People didn´t care at all.

People were laughing about it, like these players are right in their attitude - when actually this is a disgrace from a professional perspective.

Dele Alli was laughing about something after another two points lost against Everton - just after the game. People didn´t care. Winks was also laughing, on the bench, against United.

It´s alright, because Jose is a cunt.

I won´t even mention Kane, Sonny, Lucas, Hojbjerg. Davies, Dier, Tanganga and others who made posts for Jose after his sacking, because it´s a fact that some of the other players clearly didn´t want him, etc. I´m not debating this.

But come on, is the manager wrong when he asks players to stay healthy? Are the players right not to give a fuck?

The same logic, in my opinion, applies to this final. It´s a real chance for the club to win something after 13 years. Think about the year 2034... Anyway, Jose is a manager who has won 12 of his 14 finals, and he was the manager who brought Spurs to this final. Instead of keeping him until the final, the club decided to put someone who is not a manager in his place and just hope for the best.

People are celebrating, like this is a good think. I really don´t think it is.

That is the modern player, I’m afraid. That is why Mourinho failed here, his methods don’t work with the players of today. Today there aren’t many players like Carvalho, Zanetti, Essien, Drogba etc. Like he said himself, “same coach, different players”. He hasn’t moved with the times.

You mean both, or just the McDonalds part?

Jose asked his players not to eat fast food and they got offended by it. That´s still a fact, right?

And it´s still wrong, don´t you think?

People didn´t care at all.

No, unless someone real reports it. If you're referring to this that Bus Conductor posted, it's all a complete parody. The Athletic never reported any of this:

That is the modern player, I’m afraid. That is why Mourinho failed here, his methods don’t work with the players of today. Today there aren’t many players like Carvalho, Zanetti, Essien, Drogba etc. Like he said himself, “same coach, different players”. He hasn’t moved with the times.
I can´t really say much against this, at least until he finds a way to be really successful again.

On the other hand, it doesn´t make the players right - which is my point, entirely.
No, unless someone real reports it. If you're referring to this that Bus Conductor posted, it's all a complete parody. The Athletic never reported any of this:

I´ve seen it in many different places, but okay. Let´s assume it´s all fake. Dele Alli and Winks examples are still valid. What Lloris said about some of the squad players is also valid. There are plenty of non professional behavior around, and people choose to ignore it, because they hate Jose - and now Jose is gone, so they´re happy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way, this guy basically says what I´m saying since Monday. The decision of sacking Jose just before a final doesn´t make any sense:

Back
Top Bottom