Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this shit about Ederson being out of position. There were 3 players between Erik and the goal on the side that he scored. If Ederson had have been central there would have been an easy pass into the other corner on for the goal. People just need to accept it was a fucking good finish by the lad. Proper threaded through the eye of a needle. Came up with the goods when needed today. Well done Coco.

Most fans will always have more love and respect for players willing to die for the shirt than more talented but less enthusiastic players. Lamela was ready to go to war for Tottenham whenever he stepped on the pitch and that's not something you can say about too many of our players.

When he came on, i expected a goal every time he touched the ball. He is incredible. Such good close control and played some nice through balls. Should have scored

I want to try him as the #10 with Sissoko and Son flanking him. Superb sub appearance and on another day he leaves this game with 2 goals.

He changed the game. I think he has to start.

was superb when he came on, a breath of fresh air

What a good player. Getting better and better.

Thought he was our best player during pre-season - no surprises there

Long may this rich vein for form continue

Just saw the Inter game. Coco looks so focussed and totally up for it. Primed for a massive season.

So very glad it is coming good for him. The kid is a grafter and never gives up.

All that's missing now is a Lamela winner in a North London Derby or against Chelsea.

It amazes me that he has his doubters. Not many left on here thank god. I heard someone say this is the Lamela we signed from Roma but I disagree. This ones better. He's alot fitter, works alot harder and is alot more creative.

Not bothered where Erik starts next season as long as he starts, one of our key players for me.

Considering many on here are having digs at him, I thought I'd take a few quotes from earlier on in the season. A few says he's out best player. Others point out how much he's improved and his positive qualities. All of them say how good he is.

People on here say I'm not a fan, that I don't support the team. Then I read this thread. Many of you making up conspiracy theories, most of them pertaining to him being mentally weak. Others saying sell him. The rest saying we don't even notice his absence.

Aye, we don't miss our 2nd top scorer. We don't miss our third most assisted player. We don't miss the player who presses more than anyone. Are you guys for real? If Lamela had stayed fit (Mentally or physically) do you think we would have more or less points? Because in my eyes we'd be challenging for the title, if not leading it.

Here's a strange fact for some of you - He's been out injured for the past, what, 5 to 6 months now? He's still got the third most assists in our entire squad, 1 behind Dele Alli.

Considering what great supporters you lot say you are, why are very few of you supporting? I can't wait for him to come back and I hope he stays at the club. He's become the symbol of Poch's Spurs.

Last edited:
What I noticed was that when he missed his penalty Walker went towards the goal and walked him back to the team. Shows good team spirit to me and maturity from Walker to recognise when a team mate needs some support and going to provide it.

6U5tPPf.jpg

Lennon in the back

tGrns1g.jpg

"That boy band cunt took my position and RB partner"

This season:

Lamela
42 apps / 5 goals / 7 assists / 90 tackles / 94 crosses / 1303 passes

Chadli
41 apps / 12 goals / 5 assists / 30 tackles / 61 crosses / 1118 passes

I think Erik's all-round contribution is rather good, but his finishing product is lacking.

In fact, Lamela has more tackles than Rose (89), Vertonghen (74), Dier (57), Davies (48), Mason (87), Bentaleb (72), Eriksen (60), Kane (42), Dembele (53), Townsend (50).

Actually I can't find anyone in our squad this season with more. So those saying he is too slow and lightweight I'd suggest this stat goes some way to dispelling that myth.

The lad is clearly working his bollocks off when selected. I think with a little more variety in our play, he will find himself with a few more goals next season.

Definitely worth keeping, in my opinion. We have far more expendable players than young Erik. Who is still only 23, by the way. Has his whole career ahead of him.

The thing that I like most about Erik is that since day one he's been the subject of massive abuse from a lot of Spurs fans, week in and week out. He's seen the social media idiocy, he's heard every stupid thing shouted at him at the Lane, and he's never run away, and never responded. He just kept his head down and worked harder. The lad is made of much sterner stuff than anyone would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom