Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not entirely sure why Spurs fans seem intent on turning this into a Lamela>Son>Lamela cunt off. Surely we should hope that both are on top form next season for us? Having them both available for selection & ready to fight for a starting spot can only be good for the club.

:pochfacepalm:

Cant understand all the applause for Lamellas at times idiocy . It's all very well going around leaving elbows and late tackles in on people but one day it will catch up with him. The last thing you need is a stupid red card in a game you have to min. I am not saying he can't go in hard but he was very lucky not to get sent off against Chelsea as was Vertonghon. A good win for Spurs but thuggery in the end will cost him and the team
Yeah there is that way of looking at it .... for me though the only thing that pisses me off is everytime he fucks over fabregas or wheel chair I have to knock down the old statue on the driveway and build an even bigger monument to the fucking legend

:lamelaaghh::dembelefingers:

I've said this before, but I really do love the will power Erik has. He's taken ridiculous abuse on social media, during matches, and from the pundits, missed a year through injury, and yet keeps his chin up, doesn't talk shit, and keeps going.

That's some proper moral fibre, yet between his hair and his cheekbones, no "proper" football fan is going to give him credit for it.

Is that him AT THE TRAINING GROUND?!

He's probably been sold and just come to say goodbye to the lads.

And, even if he hasn't been sold, he won't be here much longer as he'll definitely be sold in this transfer window. And, even if he isn't, he definitely won't start another game for Spurs. And, even if he does, he definitely won't make the Champions League squad. And, even if he does, he definitely won't play. And, even if he does, it'll only be because we're trying to keep him on other clubs' radars ahead of a January sale. And, even if he's not sold in January, it'll only be because we were unable to secure a replacement in a traditionally difficult window.

Which means he'll definitely be sold next summer.

For sure. :troll:

This is getting ridiculous.

I know I don't post that much but I am here most days and do like to read intelligent and diverse opinions and information about our players. Lamela happens to be one of my favourite Spurs players, not because I think he is the GOAT, or even that he has been the best player in this one team, but because he clearly has the passion and the heart that we demand of our best players, he worked hard to come back from what might have been a career ending injury, twice, and because with Lamela, there is ALWAYS that possibility that he will pop up with something special. I love watching him play and I hope that he sticks around and is moved more central this season where I believe he can achieve more and add more value.

NW1Spur - the stuff you write is so extremely anti Lamela that I am sure that I am not alone in wanting you to just shut the hell up already! We all get it - you think he is toilet and you think he is overrated, and you think the club should and will get rid. But every single opportunity, posting your negative drivel in his player thread, telling us all that he is about to be given the chop for 2 flipping years and yet, here is still is, and I haven't seen anything from him, or the club this season that suggests that he wont be a significant Spurs player again this season. Wanting to post nice things about any of our players is surely why we have threads for them? Yet you are ridiculing anybody that does for Lamela, the second that they do, because you think they are wrong? It's bloody ridiculous.

So please - just stop already. If you only have negative crap to say, then maybe just stay out of his thread cos I suspect that I am not alone in being tired of seeing it.

Wouldn't want to be NW1Spur NW1Spur right now....

tenor.gif

Reasons to love Lamela:

1) Has often contributed with goals or assists in big games eg City, Utd, Arse, Pool

2) Workrate is second to none across the frontline - Poch’s strategy requires players like him

3) Most importantly of all, he verbalised the same thought the whole country has when they see Wilshere: “F*ck you, p*ssy”

He’s not even a local but he knows who the enemy is - not only will he kick the sh!t out of them, he will then rub salt into the wound by winding them up after the game and then start laughing.

We’ll miss this mad b*st*rd when he’s gone.

Such a standard Lamela week where he helps us fuck both Chelsea and United, and people remember why he is such a great asset to have. Will be the usual moaning cunts the next game where he doesn't score but who cares, he is a Mourinho dream player. Long live Lamela.

I love Erik, and those who don't recognise what he gives us .....:mourcheeks:

He shouldn't have gone to ground like that though, but what the heck, we've been screwed over so many times in the past, makes a change to be on the 'right' side of decisions. Anyway, Bailly and Shaw should have seen red, so yah boo sucks!

There was a game that completely changed around this clubs fortunes under poch for me. The man city home game. We was struggling to implement pochs high pressing high tempo game. In comes lamela and he was absolutely outstanding. Everything poch wanted the team to do and be lamela was that day. All the best Erik I hope it goes well for him at Sevilla always gave 100% to this club.

Sometimes I don't get this place, really. Apparently Hugo, Toby, and Harry are the only players good enough for Spurs...and Hugo, just. All too often ready to toss out effective top of the table proven players while ogling overrated shit heaps like Zaha whose never played meaningful effective minutes for a class squad, and has already blown it once.

Sessegnon? Ok, I'll have him - but you're having a fucking laugher saying Lamela isn't up to our quality and should be replaced by a teenage stand out from the fucking championship.

:pochshock:

Back
Top Bottom