Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he finds form he's still a good squad player at the very worst. I understand that he hasn't fulfilled his potential, but quite frankly the hate he gets is OTT. He always puts in 100%, and before he went out with his dodgy hips was our best player along with Rose that season .

Last edited:
He's been a terrible buy on paper. Was our record signing for years and barely played and when he did, he did very little of what we signed him for.
Supposed to be a direct attacker, playing off the right, cutting in and scoring 10+ goals a season and opening up defences.
Ended up being "good at pressing" and "tenacious" in the 7 games a season he played.

He looked a bit different yesterday. He looked older, bigger, like he's bulked up and he's had a late growth spurt. Always thought he looked a bit girly almost. He's 6ft tall so a bit of build on him and he could be a wrecking ball. Thought he also was one of our best players in the first half. Attacked more than most and contributed well.

No doubt that'll be his last game before he comes back from a minor injury in late November. He'll be like a new signing by then.

If he finds form he's still a good squad player at the very worst. I understand that he hasn't fulfilled his potential, but quite frankly the hate he gets is OTT. He always puts in 100%, and before he went out with his dodgy hips was our best player along with Rose that season .

What season was that exactly?

Errr the one before his hip ops ;)

But yea' 2015/16 I think.

He wasn't our best player in 15/16, he really really wasn't. Not even top 5. Kane, Toby, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele... Probably more, ahead of him.

He's good at friendlies, I'll give him that. And can often be sharp at the start of the season because he plays so little international football, unlike the majority of our players.

He wasn't our best player in 15/16, he really really wasn't. Not even top 5. Kane, Toby, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele... Probably more, ahead of him.

He's good at friendlies, I'll give him that. And can often be sharp at the start of the season because he plays so little international football, unlike the majority of our players.
Perhaps it was the season before, and I don't want to get into a spat about it really. I'm not trying to convert the haters. The season In mind he was incredibly consistent and himself and Rose were the real drive behind much of our play.

I really do not rate Lamela.
Always injured.
Always sliding in and causing needless fouls when opposition is going nowhere.
SO one footed.
ALWAYS comes inside and congests the middle of the pitch giving us no width.

just meh.
He has some issues, sure, but there's so much shit in this post.

Always injured: Yes, agree. But that's not necessarily his fault or a reason not to rate him. I'm sure he's more frustrated than anyone that his body hasn't been able to do what he'd like it to do.

Always sliding in and causing needless fouls when opposition is going nowhere: Don't know if you've noticed mate, but we're an high pressing, extremely aggressive team under Pochettino, and Lamela is the best of all our forward players in this area. He's committing fouls because he's ALWAYS working his arse off trying to win the ball and make it difficult for the opposition to play out from the back. This is not a problem at all, he's never been sent off. In fact, this should be a reason to rate him, not the opposite.

One footed: Sure, although I think he's got better with his right foot since he first arrived. Not an issue for me because he always finds a way to get onto his left.

ALWAYS comes inside and congests the middle of the pitch giving us no width: This just shows you have absolutely no understanding of the role he's being asked to play. He's not a winger. We've never played wingers under Pochettino. He's excellent in central areas at finding that creative through ball or playing quick one touch passes with the likes of Dele and Eriksen. This assessment is a problem with your understanding of the game and his role, not a reason to not rate him.

last few games Lamela looks like the player we wanted to when we got him,
why who has put a rocket up his behind & told him to pull his finger out

last few games Lamela looks like the player we wanted to when we got him,
why who has put a rocket up his behind & told him to pull his finger out

Idk why people are all the sudden hyped. He has been this dynamic, flying by the seat of his pants player since he got here. The challenging season he was one of the players of the year. He just has an injury history that has disrupted his funk.

Back
Top Bottom