Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The home game? I can't say I remember that or any game that was "Lamela's game" where he was "da man". His good games as I remember are little to do with what he offers from an attacking view point because he generally offers very little, but his work rate, pressing etc, a few in 15/16 like Woolwich away perhaps.

I fear we're going through a phase we've seen before where we're not playing well and there's a hope that Superhero Erik Footballing Legend is going to come and rescue us. Wishful thinking I fear.

The home game? I can't say I remember that or any game that was "Lamela's game" where he was "da man". His good games as I remember are little to do with what he offers from an attacking view point because he generally offers very little, but his work rate, pressing etc, a few in 15/16 like Woolwich away perhaps.

I fear we're going through a phase we've seen before where we're not playing well and there's a hope that Superhero Erik Footballing Legend is going to come and rescue us. Wishful thinking I fear.

He was excellent in both games against Woolwich that season too and both subsequently saw us drop points once he was subbed off.

He's had plenty of great games against big clubs. He ran Man Utd ragged in the 3-0 that season too.

I'm not sure what the issue with performing well against lower clubs in anyway. Kane and Eriksen have been doing that for years.

This

I'd probably like to see him start more now because at least he might give the team some asshole which is lacking but the reality is we should have moved on long ago from Lamela, all things weighed up between a hit and miss and mostly heavily out of form Alli and the ghost of Eriksen and Lamela none of them fill me with any hope, we've stagnated to the point of desperation.

He was excellent in both games against Woolwich that season too and both subsequently saw us drop points once he was subbed off.

He's had plenty of great games against big clubs. He ran Man Utd ragged in the 3-0 that season too.

I'm not sure what the issue with performing well against lower clubs in anyway. Kane and Eriksen have been doing that for years.

Kane and Eriksen have consistently played to much higher standard than Lamela during their Spurs careers, stop kidding yourself on mate.

This

I'd probably like to see him start more now because at least he might give the team some asshole which is lacking but the reality is we should have moved on long ago from Lamela, all things weighed up between a hit and miss and mostly heavily out of form Alli and the ghost of Eriksen and Lamela none of them fill me with any hope, we've stagnated to the point of desperation.

I'd rather see him starting than Dele at the moment to be honest. But if we want to get back in the top 4 next season, Erik Lamela is not the answer.

Kane and Eriksen have consistently played to much higher standard than Lamela during their Spurs careers, stop kidding yourself on mate.

Certainly been in a while.

In fact, I'd argue Lamela has performed better per 90 against the bigger clubs than 90% of our attacking players the last 5 years.

Don't forget, this has only come up because someone with a clear agenda said he only performs well against "lower opposition" as if it was a bad thing.

Certainly been in a while.

In fact, I'd argue Lamela has performed better per 90 against the bigger clubs than 90% of our attacking players the last 5 years.

Don't forget, this has only come up because someone with a clear agenda said he only performs well against "lower opposition" as if it was a bad thing.

Who's in the 10%?

Interesting to note José talking about using Lamela for more and more minutes per game, up to 'the limit' today keeping him on for 90.

I think he'll end up being a bellwether on whether or not Poch's training regime was being a net negative on the fitness of our players. If Lamela actually goes a long while without injury from here on out, playing full games, it might just.

Interesting to note José talking about using Lamela for more and more minutes per game, up to 'the limit' today keeping him on for 90.

I think he'll end up being a bellwether on whether or not Poch's training regime was being a net negative on the fitness of our players. If Lamela actually goes a long while without injury from here on out, playing full games, it might just.
He is certainly the type of player Mourinho likes; he works hard and doesn't shy away from the defensive work, shows passion (watch his celebration after the 2-0), can be a bit nasty at times and he is reasonably skillful on the ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom