Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This ISN'T about the player's lads. IT'S THE MANAGER!

It's both mate !

Players where just as shit for Poch for a year!!

Mourinho didn't help matters today but he's not the one on the pitch misplacing simple passes, not showing for the ball, running down blind routes, underhitting or overhitting every cross or not playing the right ball.

A good team will overcome a shit manager most of the time, see AVBs Bale and Demebele inspired season. A crap team needs all the help it can get from the manager and it's blindingly obvious that this team has 6 or possibly more players in its first XI who ain't top 6 quality never mind top 4

He's just a very limited football player, not good enough to be a starter, shouldn't be on 100k. As I've always said about him, good sub to bring on when we're a goal up and there's more time and space, downright liability when you're trying to go ahead, always wants more time than is available.

It's both mate !

Players where just as shit for Poch for a year!!

Mourinho didn't help matters today but he's not the one on the pitch misplacing simple passes, not showing for the ball, running down blind routes, underhitting or overhitting every cross or not playing the right ball.

A good team will overcome a shit manager most of the time, see AVBs Bale and Demebele inspired season. A crap team needs all the help it can get from the manager and it's blindingly obvious that this team has 6 or possibly more players in its first XI who ain't top 6 quality never mind top 4
Under Poch you saw us with highly mobile interchanging attackers, this comes about by training with situations a) how to create them b) and then execute them

Jose only does drills without the ball and only does defensive drills. There is ZERO (and always has been) training on attacking, his philosophy is to have his attacking players free from set patterns of play, he leaves it up to them.

Our only attacking phase that coached is the use of Auier. That's it. And even that I'd guess isn't only how to get the ball to him, not where they should be running to (drop for a pullback, front post or near post), all players look to run anywhere into the box. Our counter-attacks reflect the lack of coaching more than anything, no one knows where each other is running to.

These players need help and they ain't getting it.

Under Poch you saw us with highly mobile interchanging attackers, this comes about by training with situations a) how to create them b) and then execute them

We didn't see any of that in the last half last season or the start of this season.

After losing Dembele, having Eriksen pout, having our fullbacks stop being threats we saw a huge reduction in our play going forward and attacking.

Sadly Lamela comes under the category of ‘puts the effort in’ - which is simply not enough. We bought him as a mercurial, creative replacement for Bale. He has had his moments, but ultimately I remember him mostly in games for his pressure and work ethic. Not enough to start, rarely enough to come off the bench.

Saying that, we could have a thread open complaining about every player in the team at the moment. EVERYONE is miles off the mark.

Lamela has a lot of quality, sure he constantly held the ball too much but he didn't have many clear passing options as the whole team played like it was a friendly game. Yes, his performance was poor, but it also applies to the rest of the team. I'm more worried about the team's overall performance the last few games rather than a specific player's performance.

Lamela has a lot of quality, sure he constantly held the ball too much but he didn't have many clear passing options as the whole team played like it was a friendly game. Yes, his performance was poor, but it also applies to the rest of the team. I'm more worried about the team's overall performance the last few games rather than a specific player's performance.

Lamela shouldn't play #10, but he's a good right winger. I trust him more than Moura or Aurier as a RW.
I know for sure he can make better cross than Aurier in the right wing, and he's much better passer and defender than Moura.

I can live with Lamela as a depth player to bring on for fresh legs when up or to try and force an error with his pressing when down, however he has started committing a lot more fouls lately and if he can't control that then I am not sure he can play in either role giving away so many free kicks. He also has to be told to move the ball quicker. I wish it was like hockey or basketball where you could pull him off and sit him for awhile after each time he does that.

I just don't see much of a market out there to sell him for but if someone is willing pay something decent then I am fine selling him on to upgrade his spot or replace it with a younger guy with upside.

There is not much reason to see him starting anymore. Too reckless and too much of a ball hog/stop.

He's just a very limited football player, not good enough to be a starter, shouldn't be on 100k. As I've always said about him, good sub to bring on when we're a goal up and there's more time and space, downright liability when you're trying to go ahead, always wants more time than is available.
He gives out bad passes so he could catch up on our fast breaks. Almost like a defender at times

Lamela unfortunately has been one of the reasons why we never won anything in recent years. Shit adds up

Lamela unfortunately has been one of the reasons why we never won anything in recent years. Shit adds up

Lamela always had and has a minor role in the games, he spent too much time injured, it's not easy to come back, you need time, i think he should go to another team where he can play more regularly. But i don't think Lamela was one of the main reasons for the drought, too harsh in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom