Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela and Sissoko will be the next 2 players to be sold and upgraded on to improve the overall squad

Both pretty avg generally with 1 good game in every 4-5 outings..Mou must have some replacements in mind to bring up whenever Levy is in his next "spend" mood (hopefully in the summer)

I don’t think he’s greedy.

I think he doesn’t see the passes he should be making, or is playing too safe.

Which ever way it’s fucking frustrating watching him sometimes, he’s way more frustrating than any other player.
I think the opposite is true. To me, it seems that he sees the pass ok but hangs on to it too long trying to take out all of the defence in one pass, drawing the defenders to him so that the attacker has more space.
Problem is that 9/10 times he leaves it too late to make the pass.

Either way it is very frustrating as you say.

I think the opposite is true. To me, it seems that he sees the pass ok but hangs on to it too long trying to take out all of the defence in one pass, drawing the defenders to him so that the attacker has more space.
Problem is that 9/10 times he leaves it too late to make the pass.

Either way it is very frustrating as you say.
Whenever he has the ball, he creates havoc for both teams on the pitch. He's able to draw in multiple defenders but at the same time, our own players are busy trying to get out of his way. The end of his runs inevitably end up in a deflection or with a hard foul and a couple players on the ground. Frustrating yet entertaining.

I'll admit it: I love Lamela as an impact sub. I like watching him run on, shooting dark matter laser beams at whichever unfortunate being he's set his sites on. His crazy dribbles and runs, usually to nothing, at least make the opposition cack themselves a bit. He looks like a zombie with shark eyes and I wouldn't want him sold. Not at the moment.

Loved how he brought his aggression when he came on. He gave us a bit of bite and a different mentality when he came on. We looked soft before he came on and our players were just taking a beating and getting bruised up.

Back
Top Bottom