Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going to be out until after the international break with a knock.

According to Transfermarkt he is only 3 games away from having missed 100 games for Spurs through injury.

Still love him.
Thing is even with a slight injury he makes himself available. Happened last season as well, which Jose praised him for.
It does show, even with our new depth, how much Jose rates him. He's been playing with a slight injury for a few weeks and Jose still includes him, rather than resting him and bringing someone else in.
He's a player you can trust and is honest with his managers.

I noticed that in Jose's press conference when talking about the 3 players out with injury he made a point of praising Lamela IMO.
I wonder if it was a little dig at Aurier, "A little problem, that HE decided, with the medical, that he didn't want to risk"

love lamela he would die for the shirt! he seems to of lost a bit of quality on the ball from when he first arrived, but hes made up for it through workrate.
Agreed. He’d bleed for the shirt unlike others I can think of who don’t seem to give a shit.

He’s a very underrated player in my opinion and we’ll miss him when he’s gone. Before then, let’s hope he can find some more form and stay injury free because he offers us a hell of a lot on his day.

Hopefully he comes back after the international week.
I think I would rather play him against Chelsea, City and Liverpool. He works hard off the ball, but provides a bit of injection to our forward play.

Think I'd like to see Bale come on from the bench in those games.

I would consider using him as a number 10 off the bench. Not sure he offers much out wide nowadays but in the middle his energy and ability to press can give us something given that he can actually move the ball forward albeit in his own sweet time.

Fuck me, I love Erik Lamela.

The guy absolutely bleeds Spurs.

Imagine coming to a club replacing prime Gareth Bale, who at the time had the world record transfer fee, and fans expecting you to fully replace him (which we all bloody did).

Most players would shirk and run from that. Not fucking Coco.

He's never been near the output of Bale. He's always showed brilliant flashes but never been near.

Fans got on his back, whether because of unrealistic expectations or because his output just wasn't there who knows.

He never complained, he never stopped trying. He went through injury, drops in form, multiple managers who fucked around with him, but Coco never did anything but give his 100 fucking percent. Every time he came on the pitch.

He's never, ever going to be a nailed-on starter for Spurs. That doesn't matter to Coco. He's fighting his heart off to be here, with every minute he gets.

He's always been in the shadows. Kane, Vertonghen, Dembele etc. have always overshadowed him as far as fan favourites go, but that doesn't stop Coco from giving everything he has for the shirt.

When we win the title (not if), I'm going to love it for Harry, for Hugo, for Jan, for Toby, for players who have given their all for this club, but the player I'm going to love it most for is Erik Lamela.

Fuck me, I love Erik Lamela.

The guy absolutely bleeds Spurs.

Imagine coming to a club replacing prime Gareth Bale, who at the time had the world record transfer fee, and fans expecting you to fully replace him (which we all bloody did).

Most players would shirk and run from that. Not fucking Coco.

He's never been near the output of Bale. He's always showed brilliant flashes but never been near.

Fans got on his back, whether because of unrealistic expectations or because his output just wasn't there who knows.

He never complained, he never stopped trying. He went through injury, drops in form, multiple managers who fucked around with him, but Coco never did anything but give his 100 fucking percent. Every time he came on the pitch.

He's never, ever going to be a nailed-on starter for Spurs. That doesn't matter to Coco. He's fighting his heart off to be here, with every minute he gets.

He's always been in the shadows. Kane, Vertonghen, Dembele etc. have always overshadowed him as far as fan favourites go, but that doesn't stop Coco from giving everything he has for the shirt.

When we win the title (not if), I'm going to love it for Harry, for Hugo, for Jan, for Toby, for players who have given their all for this club, but the player I'm going to love it most for is Erik Lamela.
Post of the year, mate.

Take a bow
kate winslet crying GIF by The Academy Awards

He's never given us less than 100% effort and commitment and he's gone through some terrible times. As good as eriksen was the same can't be said of his last year and a half with us same goes for dele. Would be fitting for him to get the goal that wins us a cup or a league title imo.

He's never given us less than 100% effort and commitment and he's gone through some terrible times. As good as eriksen was the same can't be said of his last year and a half with us same goes for dele. Would be fitting for him to get the goal that wins us a cup or a league title imo.
You are not obviously paying the wages son take a walk

Back
Top Bottom