Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He won't be the only one leaving in the summer.

Pochettinos squad will slowly disband to allow room for fresh players Mourinho feels could take us to the next level.

I reckon Sanchez and Lucas are two others that are probably guaranteed to join him in leaving.

Depending on how it goes between now and the end of the season, Sissoko, Dele and Winks could probably leave too with Skipp coming back.

He won't be the only one leaving in the summer.

Pochettinos squad will slowly disband to allow room for fresh players Mourinho feels could take us to the next level.

I reckon Sanchez and Lucas are two others that are probably guaranteed to join him in leaving.

Depending on how it goes between now and the end of the season, Sissoko, Dele and Winks could probably leave too with Skipp coming back.

Agreed. I think Jose likes Lamela a lot just like Poch did, but it doesn’t make sense to give him a contract extension at this point. If we get a nice offer he will be sold.

Lamela I believe has a contract until 2022. Therefore we need to make a big decision in the summer. He will not go for a large fee and it makes sense to keep him as long as the contract reflects his injury problems and he gets paid subject to availability. If he does not accept that then he goes or runs his contract down.

Lamela I believe has a contract until 2022. Therefore we need to make a big decision in the summer. He will not go for a large fee and it makes sense to keep him as long as the contract reflects his injury problems and he gets paid subject to availability. If he does not accept that then he goes or runs his contract down.
As another poster mentioned, it takes three injured Lamelas to make up one healthy player's worth of minutes. We simply cannot afford to have a foreigner taking up a valuable foreign-trained roster spot but only offering 1/3 of a players worth of minutes.

As British players have a hefty premium on their value compared to comparable foreign players, if we want to maximize our spending, it would be more cost effective to seek bargains domestically and spend our money getting the best, healthiest foreign players we can.

No, Lamela. Wasted squad spot and a waste of wages. He will be forgotten about within a year of being gone by most fans. That’s hard to do for a player who has been here this long.

I will remember him as a player with a fantastic attitude who enjoys playing for Tottenham so much that he's forced himself to battle through injuries that would lead to most players retiring.

Having a double hip operation in your mid 20s would end most players careers. Of course it's a shame that injuries have stopped him playing matches but he is still a useful player. He scored the goal that put us through against Chelsea and saw us reach a cup final this season.

It's a shame that the players who are never injured like Lucas and Winks, can't play with the same intensity as a crock like Lamela.

Thanks for that. If I want your critique on anyone else, I'll be sure to let you know.
If there is anyone in our squad that fans should be harsh on, it’s Lamela. You should at least be able to understand that without the smart ass attitude. If there is anything I said that’s wrong, maybe try to refute it??

I will remember him as a player with a fantastic attitude who enjoys playing for Tottenham so much that he's forced himself to battle through injuries that would lead to most players retiring.

Having a double hip operation in your mid 20s would end most players careers. Of course it's a shame that injuries have stopped him playing matches but he is still a useful player. He scored the goal that put us through against Chelsea and saw us reach a cup final this season.

It's a shame that the players who are never injured like Lucas and Winks, can't play with the same intensity as a crock like Lamela.
Retired? That’s a little dramatic. Every player reacts differently to injuries but trying to make it out like he’s a warrior battling injuries is going overboard.

If anything being hurt so much makes people think Lamela is better than he is. Whenever he gets a run of games people realize he’s just another squad player just like Lucas and Winks.

Back
Top Bottom