Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm happy for you that you care enough about Lamela to tell us all your feelings on him, that's all.
Is this not a thread on Lamela? Is he not a Tottenham player? Of course I care about him. I never said I hate him. He’s just useless to our squad and should be sold ASAP.

Don’t act like you’ve never criticized Jose or a player or wanted a player out.

Is this not a thread on Lamela? Is he not a Tottenham player? Of course I care about him. I never said I hate him. He’s just useless to our squad and should be sold ASAP.

Don’t act like you’ve never criticized Jose or a player or wanted a player out.

Why are you so wound up?

I think he will only have 1 year left on his contract in the summer. Therefore unless we have an option to extend or offer him a new contract, which I doubt then any transfer value with his known injury problems are minimal. Therefore the likely senario is he sees out his contract and leaves on a free in Summer 2022. He does perform when he plays and has been a loyal servant.

I think he will only have 1 year left on his contract in the summer. Therefore unless we have an option to extend or offer him a new contract, which I doubt then any transfer value with his known injury problems are minimal. Therefore the likely senario is he sees out his contract and leaves on a free in Summer 2022. He does perform when he plays and has been a loyal servant.
If we sell him this summer, we get at least some transfer fee, get his wages off the books, and reduce non-HG quota.

That he is often out injured and unavailable for selection, makes opening up his roster spot a priority imo.

We need that non-HG spot to stregthen the squad with quality players that would hopefully have a better injury record.

If we sell him this summer, we get at least some transfer fee, get his wages off the books, and reduce non-HG quota.

That he is often out injured and unavailable for selection, makes opening up his roster spot a priority imo.

We need that non-HG spot to stregthen the squad with quality players that would hopefully have a better injury record.
Who do you think will buy him with his injury record. It is not as if it is a secret. We could not sell Rose. No one is going to buy him or pay his current wages and so we are stuck with him. However as I said he does perform when he plays and has been loyal. I would be very surprised if he leaves this summer.

Who do you think will buy him with his injury record. It is not as if it is a secret. We could not sell Rose. No one is going to buy him or pay his current wages and so we are stuck with him. However as I said he does perform when he plays and has been loyal. I would be very surprised if he leaves this summer.

Rose is a cunt though.

There will be buyers for Lamela - probably someone in Italy.

The summer will be a success if we can get rid of Lamela, Sissoko and Lucas.

Rose is a cunt though.

Dont see Sissoko leaving this summer.

I expect potential sales would be Toby/Sanchez, Lucas/Lamela, and Alli.

There will likely be changes in the GK situation as well and dont see any of the loanees coming back.

Dont see Sissoko leaving this summer.

I expect potential sales would be Toby/Sanchez, Lucas/Lamela, and Alli.

There will likely be changes in the GK situation as well and dont see any of the loanees coming back.

Which is a problem.

Sissoko will have 2 years left on his deal in the summer. He's already duped his own fans into thinking he's decent so would be a prime time to cash in on him and replace him with Skipp

Which is a problem.

Sissoko will have 2 years left on his deal in the summer. He's already duped his own fans into thinking he's decent so would be a prime time to cash in on him and replace him with Skipp
(Un)fortunately, he will either leave the following summer or see out his contract.

Skipp joining will not replace Sissoko, but will relegate Winks to the fringes.

Rose is a cunt though.

Indeed, he's an arsehole
Rose did state that he was going to sit on his arse and see out his contact. Which is fine legally but that attitude turns clubs off wanting to sign him and it shows zero drive and ambition from himself. He's wasted about 3 years of his prime
If we could sell him, he'd be long gone

He is not on the fringes when he has started 1/3 of the league games - that is core rotation appearance level

Of course he is. He's started 6 games. And the only reason he's started any of those was because Ndombele and Lo Celso weren't fit.

Sissoko out --> Skipp in.

Winks continues to start the least out of all of our central midfielders behind Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso. Skipp comes in and starts a lot more (but replaces the outgoing Dele as HG registered) and someone like Sabitzer comes in to replace Sissoko as third most started midfielder behind Ndombele and Hojbjerg.

Easy.

Of course he is. He's started 6 games. And the only reason he's started any of those was because Ndombele and Lo Celso weren't fit.

Sissoko out --> Skipp in.

Winks continues to start the least out of all of our central midfielders behind Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso. Skipp comes in and starts a lot more (but replaces the outgoing Dele as HG registered) and someone like Sabitzer comes in to replace Sissoko as third most started midfielder behind Ndombele and Hojbjerg.

Easy.
No - he is a core rotation player fighting with Sissoko for a starting spot. He started 6 games cos Mourinho picked him ahead of Sissoko in most of those games. Winks and Sissoko are the only players that have played alongside PEH in our base formation of 4-2-3-1, with Sissoko having more starts.

Neither Ndombele nor GLC has ever been played in that role. They have both been played further up the pitch, with Ndombele currently the preferred starter.

You might not like Winks nor Sissoko, but until there is a quality replacement ( and it is not Skipp), they will continue to get their minutes.

No - he is a core rotation player fighting with Sissoko for a starting spot. He started 6 games cos Mourinho picked him ahead of Sissoko in most of those games. Winks and Sissoko are the only players that have played alongside PEH in our base formation of 4-2-3-1, with Sissoko having more starts.

Neither Ndombele nor GLC has ever been played in that role. They have both been played further up the pitch, with Ndombele currently the preferred starter.

You might not like Winks nor Sissoko, but until there is a quality replacement ( and it is not Skipp), they will continue to get their minutes.

He picked him ahead of Sissoko in THREE out of 18 league games. And in two of those starts, Lo Celso was out injured. Winks has been left out of the entire squad the same amount of times he's started games this season.

That isn't "competing in rotation" - that's a fringe player if I've ever seen one. He's pretty much an afterthought.

Sissoko has started 12 of the possible 17 he's been available for. Which is DOUBLE the amount of games Winks has started.

Don't give me Lo Celso has never played in that role either. He literally started as a CM2 against Liverpool AT Anfield. When he could have quite easily played Harry Winks there. It was one of the rare times he was actually in the squad after all.

I don't mind Sissoko or Winks - neither however are good enough to start games for Tottenham. Is Skipp? Only time will tell. But I'd much rather he was in our squad and given a chance in the first 11 than either of those two.

Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Skipp and a new signing (preferably Sabitzer) should mean absolutely zero minutes go to Sissoko and Winks continues being our 6th choice midfielder.

But like the Jose Mourinho thread, this is going way off topic.

Lamela gives a lot more of an option off the bench than Lucas Moura.
His injury record is a problem but as has been stated above, this is likely to make it very difficult to shift him for anything this summer. So ideally we get another year out of him and part ways in 2022.

Lamela gives a lot more of an option off the bench than Lucas Moura.
His injury record is a problem but as has been stated above, this is likely to make it very difficult to shift him for anything this summer. So ideally we get another year out of him and part ways in 2022.
You can't provide more off the bench if you're not available to be picked though.

Back
Top Bottom