Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The endless Lamela cycle, as predictable as the water cycle.

Lamela starts and Lamela is shit and everyone agrees it's time to sell him.
Lamela gets a muscle injury and disappears for weeks and everyone forgets about Lamela.
Lamela returns from and injury and people say it will be like a new signing.
He comes on as sub in a game we are losing and looks quite stylish doing nothing. "He must start the next game!" The people say.

I'd prefer to quote the NW1Spur cycle which is predictable as your wife's menstrual cycle (and just as frustrating):

Lamela plays well and he is silent
Lamela plays average and he shouts "sell, useless, shit"
Lamela gets injured and he says it's the last game he will play for Spurs and he is gone in the summer

rinse and repeat

Him refusing to pass to put Son through on goal is why I think he is too much of a liability to start. Would love to see him as an impact sub though.

zNI16eZ.jpg

The endless Lamela cycle, as predictable as the water cycle.

Lamela gets a muscle injury and disappears for weeks and everyone forgets about Lamela.
Lamela returns from and injury and people say it will be like a new signing.
He comes on as sub in a game we are losing and looks quite stylish doing nothing. "He must start the next game!" The people say.
Would like this to be pinned in the "Universal truth that we all know - but can't show to outsiders" vault.
Admin Admin - we all know it exists (Soldado surely lives there).

How can we possibly be the most green club (as pointed out by Jenny Talia Jenny Talia ) with all the rivers of paperwork that come with Eric playing?

I still can't actually believe we have the same conversations about Lamela.

I still can't believe in the time Erik Lamela has been at the club, Gareth Bale, went to Real Madrid and won four Champions League titles, 2 La Liga's (probably more trophies too) and then returned to the club on loan. It's bonkers.

:lamelashock:

Most dribbles (8)
Most tackles (3)

Of any spurs player yesterday and he only played 65 minutes.

For me I'd like to see

Bale Lamela Son
Kane

on Sunday.

Lamela deserves another start , he is fustrating that he holds onto the ball for too long sometimes but he can also do some quality things on the ball which someone like Lucas can't

I still can't believe in the time Erik Lamela has been at the club, Gareth Bale, went to Real Madrid and won four Champions League titles, 2 La Liga's (probably more trophies too) and then returned to the club on loan. It's bonkers.
That is a very insightful post.
I have never been a Lamela fan and I would have sold him years ago, injury problems or not.
But he hits form every now and again and at the moment he is on fire IMO.
He ain't worth a carrot in the transfer market, he seems to have a good attitude so he's a keeper.
If he stays on form and so does Dele, Bale, Son and H we could be awesome this season.

was the spark we needed in the final third..you can put your trust in lamela giving 100% in them tough situations and not rolling over like a pussy!

would like to see him start against palace instead of dele and move bale central

was the spark we needed in the final third..you can put your trust in lamela giving 100% in them tough situations and not rolling over like a pussy!

would like to see him start against palace instead of dele and move bale central
Bale will just get rested anyway because its too many games in quick succession. Moura likely to start over Bale.

But yeah he came on and helped us get up the pitch, obviously still does that thing where he takes too many touches but he showed some quality which others tonight didn't

Back
Top Bottom